Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
For highway only driving I have no idea but for all around highway and some offroad use go with the BFG all terrain. For serious gravel roads, snow, mud and pretty much anything you can throw at them Toyo M55 is the toughest tire I have found.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know Ali down at the tire shop and he always hooks me up with top of the line Coopers for a decent price.

Good tire IMHO

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by colvin
Just bought a set of the Continental Terrain Contact H/T
for the wife's Highlander to replace the junk coopers the dealer had installed and am very happy with them. i was in same boat as you but i did a search comparison of the Michelins vs Continentals . For the price the Continentals are as good as the Michelins and some tests rate them higher. Heres a tire rack one just google it you will have days or reading . https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=300

Thanks for that comparative review. The Continental Terrain Contact H/T was reviewed pretty much equal to the Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Plus, the Continental is $209.00/each with a $110 mail-in rebate, while the Michelin is $255.00/each with no rebate at this time (at my nearest Discount Tire).

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Skip all the crap and put Toyo mt on .great wearing and do well in mud. Get your wallet out. No free lunch

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have toyo AT 3's each tire has a 4100 pound load rating, they are quiet and seem to be wearing well. which is perfect for hauling my 15000 pound fifth wheel across the country.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Go see what your Hankook dealer has.
This

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I have Michelin Defender LTX on my F250 and will continue buying the same. For my Toyota 4runner, I'm on my 3rd set of Yokohama Geolander and have been very happy with them.

How do your LTX's do in the mud?

I'm mainly highway and dirt ranch roads. No mud. I don't expect they'd be good in mud, not a very aggressive tread. Which is fine with me, I don't expect to do any mud off-roading with a crew cab diesel long bed. That's a recipe for being stuck, really bad.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, I ordered 4 Continental Terrain Contact H/T's from Discount Tire, my appt is Thursday morning. Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking forward to ditching the noisy all terrain tires I've been using since the beginning of 2019. In case you're wondering, total bill is $1005.96 with a $110. mail-in rebate.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My buddy who commutes to work probably 60 mile round trip every day.
He just got some falkens wildpeak h/to2. He likes them
I have wildpeak a AT 3 on my truck. Very happy with that tire

Edit I see I’m 2 hours late

Last edited by Dre; 08/07/23.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Geez, the guy wants road tires, not dirt road ranch tires. I picked up a brand new set of Geolanders takeoffs someone was selling on FB for $300 for my truck. 99% or my driving is on pavement and they work great on dry, wet, or snowy roads. Might not be the best for hauling a 20,000# 5th wheel cattle trailer on rough dirt roads, but I’ll never do that and my truck wouldn’t anyways. I doubt the OPs Nissan Frontier midsize truck will either.

IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TonyRumore
I wouldn't put a Cooper tire on my wheelbarrow let alone my truck.

Had two of them peel the tread off like a cheap re-cap at 70mph. The first one only did about $2,500 worth of damage to my truck.
The second one did $6,000. I am surprised the truck didn't roll over on the second, since it pitched the truck sideways and slid down the highway quite a ways before I got it straightened back out.

When the first one failed, Cooper said the tires were not recalled, but gave me one new one. When the second one failed, they changed their mind and said that lot was indeed recalled.

At the time, there was a law firm that did NOTHING but sue Cooper Tires for failures. I haven't looked lately, but back then, Cooper tires had so many recalls, I'm surprised they are still in business.

Tony

I've been running Cooper AT3's for eight years with no issues.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're in TX. You could run mostly bald Maypops and be good. That said, I don't care for either Firestone or Bridgestone.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TonyRumore
I wouldn't put a Cooper tire on my wheelbarrow let alone my truck.

Had two of them peel the tread off like a cheap re-cap at 70mph. The first one only did about $2,500 worth of damage to my truck.
The second one did $6,000. I am surprised the truck didn't roll over on the second, since it pitched the truck sideways and slid down the highway quite a ways before I got it straightened back out.

When the first one failed, Cooper said the tires were not recalled, but gave me one new one. When the second one failed, they changed their mind and said that lot was indeed recalled.

At the time, there was a law firm that did NOTHING but sue Cooper Tires for failures. I haven't looked lately, but back then, Cooper tires had so many recalls, I'm surprised they are still in business.

Tony

That’s surprising.

What year were these failures?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Well, I ordered 4 Continental Terrain Contact H/T's from Discount Tire, my appt is Thursday morning. Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking forward to ditching the noisy all terrain tires I've been using since the beginning of 2019. In case you're wondering, total bill is $1005.96 with a $110. mail-in rebate.

Nice , i think you will be happy with them. We've had our continentals on for about 4 months now and man what a difference from the coppers that were on. So the 2 major things i noticed driving the wife's highlander were how quiet they were and the better handling from them.

Last edited by colvin; 08/08/23.
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
LTX and you won’t regret it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
never seen a at3 that didnt get very loud after half wear.id never buy those whining things again. have 2 buddys that just took them off at half tread wear for the same reason. yoyo tires have wore better than anything else for me.

new then 2021 silverado has 24,000 miles bf goodrich at tires that came from discount tire. had them rotated and rebalanced yesterday. they say they have only worn 1/16th" in 24,000 miles. didnt hurt my mpg . if toyo tires would have been available when i needed tires i wouldnt have bought the goodrich . all the toyo were sitting on ships off the california coast then. very happy with the bf goodrich so far.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S - 65K Mi. Warranty

Great, and quiet, A/T tire.

GR
I put 4 of these i 27” on my 2002 Ranger 3 years ago last fall.
When I bought my 2010 Ranger, I switched the wheels and tires over the The new one before I sold the old one.
They’re pretty decent all terrain, do well in heavy snow, and they’re quiet.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've had good luck with General grabber at2's, Cooper at3, Hankook atm's,

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 08/08/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Of your hiway choices I would go with the Continentals. They wear like iron. Have some on my 08 Infinity G37 and prefer them over anything I have had on that vehicle. I know it isn't a pickup so maybe not apples to apples but Dad swore by them.
I use AT's and went with Geolander this time. They are not at all macho looking is the only pity. On slick roads they are freaking great and quiet. No real off road mud test to speak of yet. Very happy so far.

Last edited by kenjs1; 08/08/23.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Michelin for the win!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

242 members (16penny, 204guy, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,621
Posts18,474,017
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.