-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This...Michelin Defender LTX M/S 70,000 mile warranty...all I ever buy, ride comfort is good from day one to the day you replace them but you better like them 'cause they last a very long time, my last set 70k+ miles. Putting a set on my new truck as soon as these tires wear out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257Bob
This...Michelin Defender LTX M/S 70,000 mile warranty...all I ever buy, ride comfort is good from day one to the day you replace them but you better like them 'cause they last a very long time, my last set 70k+ miles. Putting a set on my new truck as soon as these tires wear out.

Yup, haven’t read all 5 pages of this thread yet, but Consumer Reports always rates the Michelin and Continental tires as their top choices. All three of our vehicles have the Michelin tires on them including my F-150 with those LTX’s. That truck doesn’t go out stump jumping like my old ones did because if I get stuck in 2wd, I just dial in 4wd, back out and atv or walk from there. Engaging the brain before I need 4wd has saved me lots of winching.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by colvin
Just bought a set of the Continental Terrain Contact H/T
for the wife's Highlander to replace the junk coopers the dealer had installed and am very happy with them. i was in same boat as you but i did a search comparison of the Michelins vs Continentals . For the price the Continentals are as good as the Michelins and some tests rate them higher. Heres a tire rack one just google it you will have days or reading . https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=300
Colvin, that is the most useful post on the entire thread!

Sweet, an evaluation showing actual measured data! OK, I'm an analytical nerd but real data rules IMNSHO!

I'm sure going to look for a similar evaluation at tiretrack.com when I need new tires!

/John

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Since the OP is looking for hwy pickup tires, I'm of no help. I've never had hwy tires on a pickup. Always buy M/S style tread for pickups.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rather than talk about it, here is an example of what the latest Toyo Open Country tires are capable of. I am not stuck, just got out to take a picture when I was shooting gophers…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Add a set of chains and you can go even farther. Still not stuck, just not moving forward anymore. Backed right out of the drift…

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by renegade50
Tires are like just about everything else.
Personal preference and what works for you.

I'm gonna go start a oil change thread.
👍🏻🤣🤦‍♂️🤣👍🏻

Damn right brother!

FWIW I have yet to find(buy) a chitty tire or bad engine oil.

Me either Sam. Some ride a little different or whatever, but I've never bought a bad set of tires.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by High_Noon
The Michelin LTX is a poor choice for mud.

So are the M&S I have on my Ram 3500. Work pretty well otherwise. Been running them year round up here - but not off-road much except the 2 miles into my Lobo cabin (track - Ok when it's not wet - turns to grease). A bit squirrely on snow/ice too, of course. But - "I have 4WD- I can go anywhere". smile

They will last the winter out, anyway - might just go with them again in the spring. Almost certainly "whatever" will be Michelin again.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Add a set of chains and you can go even farther. Still not stuck, just not moving forward anymore. Backed right out of the drift…

What is that white stuff?

I am from the Virginias

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
I need tires before the winter. I'm either going with the Micheline Defender LTV or the.............. BF Goodrich AT KO2's............lll. I'll probably end up with the Michelines because of the longer warranty and they are quieter. The most off roading I do is in a corn field for goose hunting. I think they will be fine for that.
No....83 rt mile per day on black top...1/2 the tread gone...in less then 2months....no !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looking to put car tires on a truck? How about buying a car if that's what you're going to use it for?
I like A/T's or M/T's on a truck and car tires on a car.
I guess we have different preferences.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"KO2 have been discontinued, replaced with the K03. I ordered up a set today to replace a set of KO2 with too many miles on em."

According to BF Goodrich's website they still make the KO2 and you can still order them. I bought five LT295/65 R20 ALL TERRAIN T/A KO2 tires last Friday. The website also says the KO2 is a snow/ice wet pavement tire and the KM3 (not KO3) tire is a mud tire.

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/auto/tires/mud-terrain-t-a-km3

Last edited by victoro; 08/17/23.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by pal
On my 2000 Tundra the Michelin LTX AT2 tires are extremely quiet. Replaced the fronts with Cooper and they are not up to Michelin standards.

Mchelin has the highest quality standards of any tire manufacturer along with the best compounding. I have yet to see a LTX mounted on a truck or SUV that does not get its rated mileage, Provided of course that you keep them properly inflated.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 673, AGL4now, 11 invisible), 1,537 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,880
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.