Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by sherm_61
The biggest problem is gun owners and reloaders have become there own worst enemy.
Do you really think if people like you would just say F.U I'm not paying the prices for just 6 months make do with the 450 rounds you got or shoot a gun that is alot cheaper to shoot like say just a 223 you would pay 83.00?
I get practice why do you think I have the small cals I have, a few I can get 500 rounds out of a pound of powder.
LOL
You think its funny, you obviously haven't been in the reloading game long.
Keep blaming the Dems for everything, look in the mirror.
Oh I by the way I'm NOT A DEM, never voted for one in my life but like I said I choose to be part of the solution instead of BITCH about the Dems for everything but choose to be part of the problem

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The biggest problem is gun owners and reloaders have become there own worst enemy.
Do you really think if people like you would just say F.U I'm not paying the prices for just 6 months make do with the 450 rounds you got or shoot a gun that is alot cheaper to shoot like say just a 223 you would pay 83.00?
I get practice why do you think I have the small cals I have, a few I can get 500 rounds out of a pound of powder.
LOL
Oh I by the way I'm NOT A DEM, never voted for one in my life but like I said I choose to be part of the solution instead of BITCH about the Dems for everything but choose to be part of the problem
You are correct, I haven’t been reloading that long , I’m 67, started loading shotshell when I was 13. My first press was a MEC 600 jr I believe, set up for 12 gauge.

Didn’t start handloading Rifles till much later, late 20’s if I recall. Started handgun even later.

Casting is my newest adventure, prolly only been casting bullets for 10 or so years.

So, yeah, I’m pretty green at the whole concept. Got any pointers for this greenhorn?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
LOL
You are correct, I haven’t been reloading that long , I’m 67, started loading shotshell when I was 13. My first press was a MEC 600 jr I believe, set up for 12 gauge.

Didn’t start handloading Rifles till much later, late 20’s if I recall. Started handgun even later.

Casting is my newest adventure, prolly only been casting bullets for 10 or so years.

So, yeah, I’m pretty green at the whole concept. Got any pointers for this greenhorn?
Yeah stop paying 83.00.
Only couple years behind you but I learned in early 2000's

Last edited by sherm_61; 08/27/23.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by SKane
Alliant has had numerous price hikes in the last two years. R17, 19, 22 and 26 are all in the neighborhood of $60/lb from Powder Valley - IF they've got it in stock. And that's before Hazmat fees.

I just checked Powder Valley and they list it in stock for $33.99 a pound, though with hazmat and shipping it would be closer to $60.

They must like you better. I just checked. $57.99 for Reloader 26, but out of stock.

I just rechecked PV and its now $59.99 a pound--and out of stock.

Also looked at Midway USA at the same time as PV earlier. Back then Midway listed it $45.99 a pound before shipping--and now it's $61.99. But both times it was out of stock.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gunzo
I just googled both Re powders. Found 26 at Hunters precision & 22 there & Midwest powders. One of those 2 places had a $31 flat rate ship & took the quantity up to 4# & the ship cost remained at 31.

Ammoseek shows vendors w/CCI standard vel. under 7 cents, One place had case lots for 6.5 cents & free shipping.

Just called Hunters Precision, LOL.

Got a guy from Pakistan that couldn't speak broken English, let alone English.

It's a scam site.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by SKane
Alliant has had numerous price hikes in the last two years. R17, 19, 22 and 26 are all in the neighborhood of $60/lb from Powder Valley - IF they've got it in stock. And that's before Hazmat fees.

I just checked Powder Valley and they list it in stock for $33.99 a pound, though with hazmat and shipping it would be closer to $60.

They must like you better. I just checked. $57.99 for Reloader 26, but out of stock.

I just rechecked PV and its now $59.99 a pound--and out of stock.

It's been out of stock you two years.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good thing you didn't buy black horn 209 you'd still be bleeding outta azzhole down the inside of both legs lol .

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SupFoo
..and you're telling the internet, why?

That's why you're telling the internet?

So I guess you're not going to answer the question.

I'm telling members here that R-26 is available again, but it is crazy expensive.
You are the one that said I got ripped off. I'm now asking you to prove I got ripped off by posting alternative sources.

So far you have failed to do so.

If you're too dumb to realize you got hosed, then you deserve to pay a 30% premium. The very few times Natchez or Powder Valley has had it, it was $58/lb.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider

I'm telling members here that R-26 is available again, but it is crazy expensive.
You are the one that said I got ripped off. I'm now asking you to prove I got ripped off by posting alternative sources.

If you're too dumb to realize you got hosed, then you deserve to pay a 30% premium. The very few times Natchez or Powder Valley has had it, it was $58/lb.

What are these outlets charging now, today, for R-26?

OH, that's right, they don't have any and haven't for almost two years. Think if and when it becomes available it will still sell for $58/Lb.

Now who is being dumb.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I can look the other way and giggle that you paid that much for RL-26

but buying a 6.5 PRC and posting about it on a public forum is shameful & unforgivable

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

OH, that's right, they don't have any and haven't for almost two years. Think if and when it becomes available it will still sell for $58/Lb.

Now who is being dumb.
The dumbasses are the ones who didn't buy enough [bleep] to last them along while through this B.S. you claim you've been reolding for years well whats your excuse for not having enough 26, it was readily available about 3 years ago when I bought mine.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Now who is being dumb.

I've got 8, 1 lb jugs right now, so I guess between you and me it's not me.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Now who is being dumb.
The dumbasses are the ones who didn't buy enough [bleep] to last them along while through this B.S. you claim you've been reolding for years well whats your excuse for not having enough 26, it was readily available about 3 years ago when I bought mine.

You obviously did read the previous posts.

Already asked and answered

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I just googled both Re powders. Found 26 at Hunters precision & 22 there & Midwest powders. One of those 2 places had a $31 flat rate ship & took the quantity up to 4# & the ship cost remained at 31.

Ammoseek shows vendors w/CCI standard vel. under 7 cents, One place had case lots for 6.5 cents & free shipping.

It's a scam site.

Thought their prices were just to good, but answering the phone on a Sunday might be reason for caution.

What about Midwest Powders?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

You’re pretty hung up in the 450 rounds eh?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

It's a scam site.

Thought their prices were just to good, but answering the phone on a Sunday might be reason for caution.

I think it's also a scam site.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

It's a scam site.

No R-26 in stock.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M

I just rechecked PV and its now $59.99 a pound--and out of stock.[/quote]

It's been out of stock you two years.[/quote]

No, it hasn't been. It may have always been out of stock when you checked in, but here's a screenshot of the comments on their site. The post is from July 31, 2023.

[Linked Image]

Wish I'd taken a screenshot of their site when I found RL-26 listed a few hours ago, but suspect like any hard to find powder it's often sold out within minutes, especially after somebody on a forum like this mentions that it's available. In this instance it might have been me.

Which is also probably why the listed price for "out of stock" RL-26 has gone up since I checked PV a couple hours later. Internet sellers often gauge demand by hits on their website, and adjust prices accordingly.

If you can't read the screenshot clearly enough, the post is on Powder Valley's site, in the "Review and Questions" section.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by tzone

You’re pretty hung up in the 450 rounds eh?
Why would I be hung up on 450 rounds when probably have enough primer,powder and bullets to load 15-20,000 of stuff just for my small cals alone.
Its called planning and learning from previous B.S
I shoot alot i guarantee more than most except competition shooters.
Last 8lb jug of powder I bought was 180.00 of AA2200 2 years ago from my local LGS for my 17 and 20' now I got 32lb which will load around 12- 13,000 rounds that I use it in.
Only primers I've bought in last 5 years was probably 200 pistol primers for my 44 mag which I barely shoot.

Last edited by sherm_61; 08/27/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm really glad I'm not a kid taking up the shooting sports. The first Obama run frightened me such that I stocked up then.

Last edited by 1minute; 08/27/23.

1Minute
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1badf350, 204guy, 260Remguy, 222ND, 257 roberts, 62 invisible), 1,951 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,253
Posts18,525,148
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.