Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I had to put our beautiful and beloved dog Kappa to sleep this morning.

I have owned many dogs since childhood and my best friends and memories have always been with our hunting dogs, growing up. I was lucky growing up, my father was a hunting dog breeder, so I had lots of great friends to go on adventures with and to love.

I have come to the conclusion that the only living being on our blue planet, that will give you true unconditional love is a dog, which is most likely why the word Dog spelled in reverse is God.

He died peacefully in my arms and on my lap during the mercy injection this morning. I cried like a baby, but I knew that keeping him longer would not be correct and selfish. He was 15 and my better 1/2's dog which she brought into our relationship, but he quickly became my good little buddy. He was the only dog I have ever owned that was not a bird dog. He was a Shih Tzu and a friendly and good little boy.

If anyone would like to say a little prayer for my buddy Kappa, that would be appreciated.

Thank you, good people from 24 Hour Campfire.

Dogs Rule!

KB

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sorry brother. That’s the worst part about it, they weren’t built to last forever.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That's tough. I'm sure you gave him a good life

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KillerBee

I have owned many dogs since childhood and my best friends and memories have always been with our hunting dogs, growing up. I was lucky growing up, my father was a hunting dog breeder, so I had lots of great friends to go on adventures with and to love.

I have come to the conclusion that the only living being on our blue planet, that will give you true unconditional love is a dog, which is most likely why the word Dog spelled in reverse is God.

He died peacefully in my arms and on my lap during the mercy injection this morning. I cried like a baby, but I knew that keeping him longer would not be correct and selfish. He was 15 and my better 1/2's dog which she brought into our relationship, but he quickly became my good little buddy. He was the only dog I have ever owned that was not a bird dog. He was a Shih Tzu and a friendly and good little boy.

If anyone would like to say a little prayer for my buddy Kappa, that would be appreciated.

Dogs Rule!

Ouch. My wife’s little guy is on his last legs- literally- and I may have to put him down before she gets back. He’s at least 17, maybe older (rescue dog). It’s tough. I’ve held several in my arms as you describe. You don’t forget it, nor should you, it’s a solemn and precious moment. All dogs go to heaven, they are pure souls.

Happy trails to Kappa!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Kappa will be well received in Heaven Rio7

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A tough deal indeed, but they live as long as our memories persist.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear that my friend, I sure can relate since I lost my sweetheart in February and I too cried like a baby and still do. When you develop such close friendship and they're gone it feels like part of you is gone forever.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Prayers sent to Kappa. A good dog is a friend indeed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very sorry you are dealing with this. They truly become family members. I have a teary eye thinking about the day when I have to put my partner down. She is in my avatar

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Dogs Rule!
Sorry to hear this. It's always an emotionally wrenching experience for we dog lovers. A part of our soul is literally ripped out, leaving a gaping and painful hole. Takes some time for that hole to close up, but in never does completely. A new dog always helps. Check out the local animal shelter.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Don't need prayers....All dogs go to heaven.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Very sorry for you! Yes…..it’s a very painful thing to do! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m sorry to hear of your loss. The only two times that I can remember really crying in the past 20 plus years have been when I lost dogs. I cried like a baby both times.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear you lost your pal KB.

Good Boy Kappa, good boy.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
RIP little buddy.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
About the love of a dog.

Twilight Zone: The Hunt

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Once my three are gone there will be no more dogs.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m just gonna keep buying puppies when the older dog gets ten or so .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My condolences

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Once my three are gone there will be no more dogs.
My wive said that after I had to put our Cocker down, he was 17.

That was a couple years ago.

Since then she would bring her phone up to me to look a rescue dog photos, “isn’t she/cute.”

Yes we have a new dog, a four year old Bichon.

“ No more dogs” is a hard promise to keep, at least for us.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (260Remguy, 06hunter59, 160user, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 2UP, 21 invisible), 1,959 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,327
Posts18,526,518
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.