Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by KillerBee
I had to put our beautiful and beloved dog Kappa to sleep this morning.

I have owned many dogs since childhood and my best friends and memories have always been with our hunting dogs, growing up. I was lucky growing up, my father was a hunting dog breeder, so I had lots of great friends to go on adventures with and to love.

I have come to the conclusion that the only living being on our blue planet, that will give you true unconditional love is a dog, which is most likely why the word Dog spelled in reverse is God.

He died peacefully in my arms and on my lap during the mercy injection this morning. I cried like a baby, but I knew that keeping him longer would not be correct and selfish. He was 15 and my better 1/2's dog which she brought into our relationship, but he quickly became my good little buddy. He was the only dog I have ever owned that was not a bird dog. He was a Shih Tzu and a friendly and good little boy.

If anyone would like to say a little prayer for my buddy Kappa, that would be appreciated.

Thank you, good people from 24 Hour Campfire.

Dogs Rule!

There isn't a much harder thing in life to do. A dog going on to the next level that laid against your leg while you watched TV for many years. Slept on the bed. Got two that are medium sized dogs around 14 years of age. May soon have to do the same. Hate it but it has to be done.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pyscodog
All dogs go to heaven.

AMEN

Sorry for your loss, have two that are starting to get up there in years and it's awfully tough seeming them age.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear, KB. Hard decision to make, but necessary to honor a good dog's life and companionship.

I've lived in a home with a dog for nearly 72 years and can't fathom living without at least one. Our current pack is down to 3. 18 months ago we had 6. Some have been crazy, some cuddly, some great bird dogs . . . but all have been our companions and I miss them all.

I feel for your loss. Good dog Kappa, good dog.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for your condolences Otter, much appreciated.

You are right about every dog having their own personality and some are smarter than others as well.

Growing up we had a kennel in the back yard and we always had 4 bird dogs in it, 3 English Setters, and a Germain Shorthaired Pointer named Peggy. She was my best friend and the smartest dog we ever owned.

She was so smart she was the only dog we had that figured out how to escape from our kennel which was a 7' high Chain Link Fence. We could not figure out how she was getting out, and she would always escape on Thursdays.

One day all of the dogs were barking in the backyard and I went out to look at what was going on, Peggy was escaping again and the other three dogs were so pissed off they could not escape, they were telling us that so was doing it again and to stop her lol.

How she escaped: She vertically scaled the fence straight up 7', by simply walking up the fence using her toes (must have been painful) then balancing on all 4 paws on the top tube then jumping 7' to the ground and away she would go for the day until we found her, when she was doing her balancing act on the tube, I yelled Peggggggyyyyy!!!!!, with a surprised look on her face she leaped and run off, the landing wasn't pretty! lol She was one of them bolting-type dogs lol.

I discovered why she was escaping on Thursday. It was garbage day and she would go to the local Kentucky Fried Chicken and raid their garbage and come home later in the day with a belly that looked like it was about to explode. lol

Not only was she the only Harry Houdini dog we ever had, she was also a Field Trial Champion by winning our Province's biggest Field Trial one year.

She was by far my best friend growing up, hunting and having fun together for many years. Every boy needs a dog growing up!

Thanks again for your condolences, greatly appreciated.

God Bless

Last edited by KillerBee; 09/02/23.

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brother Bee,
Sorry to hear about the loss of your little buddy..... frown

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, Brother irfubar, appreciated!

Have a great Labor Day long weekend cool

God bless.

Last edited by KillerBee; 09/02/23.

KB

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KillerBee
I have read every comment and for a tough guy that has bow-hunted bears, moose, and elk alone in the wilderness, it took a few Kleenexes to get through.

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to respond and to say a prayer for my little friend Kappa, who is no doubt right now playing with all my other dogs at Rainbow Bridge. All playing and chasing Grouse, Woodcock, Pheasant, Chukars, Quail, and Huns together. The poor little guy is going to have a tough time keeping up with my English Setters and German Shorthaired Pointer with his short little legs! lol

Great Poem, thanks for sharing it granitestate1, I have never seen it before. I emailed it to my better ½ as soon as I read it, hope it eases her pain.

I have a long-held belief that people who hunt and fish are the real salt of the earth type and are also the best people you will ever meet or know.

Your considerate, kind, and thoughtful responses to my thread, were so much more than I ever expected and only confirmed and deepened my lifelong belief.

I have said a prayer for the other beloved dogs lost by members in this thread. All of them happily playing at Rainbow Bridge and eagerly waiting to see us again in the distant future.

24-Hour Campfire Members are the best and may God Bless every one of you.

“Tis Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all” - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Thank you kindly to all ~ KB

Jesus Fugking Christ.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by pyscodog
All dogs go to heaven.

Now that is tragedy.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Deflave is bad to the bone.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
KB, sorry for your loss. I had to put my 17yr old Cocker/Springer down some years back. She took her last breath while in my arms. I cried like a baby. As I type this, I have to wipe a few tears away (even after all these years). They leave a huge hole in your heart when they go. We now have a 4yr old and a 1 1/2yr old Springers.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sorry for your loss.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (257 roberts, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 160user, 21, 47 invisible), 2,655 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,368
Posts18,527,357
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.