Print Thread
Hop To
J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
This is Josh Clarke's "Outfitters Axe". It was designed as the big brother to his popular Rifleman"s belt Axe .
The idea for these started last Fall when one of his customers who is a registered Guide asked if he could make a larger version of the Belt axe for saddle use.

This axe is one of a handful that Josh has made with a hand ground octagonal hammer poll. The standard shape is round. Less than 10 of these were made. This one also has some nice curl throughout the handle- unusual in Hickory. This is the only one I have for sale.

The Axe is 34 oz and is 18 inches long. The head is an Iroquois style with a fully hardened flat hammer poll . The Axe head is about 6 oz heavier than the Belt axes . The bit has aggressively flared cheeks for full splitting capabilities. The neutrally balanced head along with the straight handle provides a lot of blade speed and striking accuracy. Testing has proven these to be wicked little choppers and splitters, as good of a 2lb axe as you can buy.

Made from US made Vaughan Axe forgings ,the head is reshaped and the edge is hand ground ,and given a razor sharp 25 degree inclusive cutting bevel. The performance rivals anything coming out of Sweden these days and I believe these heads are actually a bit tougher and less prone to chipping.

The Handle is hand shaped, sanded and torched .Then it's given six coats of pure Tung oil .The resulting finish is smooth but still grippy. The Axe comes with one of Josh's hand sewn Vegetable tanned leather masks .

The Axe with Leather Mask is $139 plus $15 shipping.

PayPal or USPS MO as payment.

Axe-

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Polished and hardened Octagonal poll-

Leather edge mask

Standard Outfitter (on right) vs Belt axe-

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I'll take it. Throat protector available? PM me your mailing address. USPS on the way in the next few days.

Thanks,

MS

J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Lockhart
I'll take it. Throat protector available? PM me your mailing address. USPS on the way in the next few days.

Thanks,

MS

OK I will set it back for you. Will send a PM in a bit.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I’d like one like that with octagonal or round poll, and a handle similar to that if/when available.

These lil axes are awesome. I have one of each and a couple of Josh’s tomahawks, and a boot knife. Nice work

Hardin284
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I would also like one please.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would take one

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I would like one too if more become available.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1minute, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,818
Posts18,477,708
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.