-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I prefer the 22 PPC AFI version,but have multiple rifles in .243" as well(all Krunchentickers). Lapooey brass,Lever',7" RPM and 88's for me. Hint.

No thang to feed a Turnbolt via AICS DBM and fret zero in feed/function. I default to massaged AM steel 5rd 223 mags,but MDT makes multiple 10/12rd mags that'll perform in like fashion. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

'Course,there's no flies on THE Carbon Queen Mini either. 7" RPM and 88's at 19",in a dupe. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
243 Grendel. Hint.

I tend to default Lapooey,Lever' and 105 Hornie HPBT's and always ASC's. Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Brownells has 6.5 Grendel Starline brass at $66 per 100...unless the order I just placed,cleaned them out. It's wayyyyyyyyyyy better than Norma or Hornady. Hint...............

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I guess Starline has upped their game. I got some in 308 and 243 a while back and the cases didn't have very uniform neck walls.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Brownells has 6.5 Grendel Starline brass at $66 per 100...unless the order I just placed,cleaned them out. It's wayyyyyyyyyyy better than Norma or Hornady. Hint...............

Another good option for sourcing Parent brass for forming 6mm Arc is this Starline 6.5 mm Grendel at Druid hill Armory for $60.00 per 100.

https://www.druidhillarmory.com/sto...unt-3-Bags-per-customer-limit-p413717138

Been working great I'm my 6mm ARC anyhow. Hint............... smirk

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Ok Starline has went a long way towards lightening the supply concerns for 6mm ARC brass & Ammo prices are trending somewhat lower. Firearm availability has been a bit better from my perspective. Currious what we may see for developments in terms of supply of ammo & firearms in the coming 5 years.

Question seems to be why go 6mm ARC when I could go so many other directions or I already have that box checked with a .243 win & ammo is more readily available & Pricing is easier on the wallet. Many other cartridges pencil out better for most any task. Yet I have no regrets on giving the 6mm ARC a try in a CZ 527 action.

I do not own a AR rifle, though if i did 6mm ARC would likely win out, for my use. Suppose you could go multiple directions if Ar was your cup of tea, with different uppers.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
With brass availability ever happen, then I'll do a 6 ARC.... I love the Grendal.

Over lack of brass availability, I decided to go with a 6 x 45 instead. Brass is pretty much free with 223 range pick up brass, and is almost limitless. Neck size up to 6mm with a Hornady Neck sizing die, and bump the shoulder back with a Redding 223 body die. The Body die first and then the neck sizing die. Pretty simple.

I have shot bullets from 65 grains to 105 grains. With the 105 grain BTHP, I've shot 25 grains of AR Comp, and its not far behind the 6 ARC and its 29 grains of most powders. I have some 103 and 108 grain ELDs to test velocity on...

Can run 90 and 95 grain Ballistic Tips at right around 2800 fps, out of a bolt action Savage with a 20 inch barrel, and the same with a Model 70 with a 24 inch barrel. Factory 243 ammo with the 95 grain Ballistic tip is not that far in front of it for speed. 100 fps or so....or 2 clicks up on your elevation knob on your scope.

I don't think I really ever need a 6 ARC, but I like the concept, so I'll still have to get a barrel to test one out., but I'm realizing that the 6 x 45 in a bolt action is fitting 90 to 95% of the results an ARC would yield and brass is basically free if you go to a shooting range, where people shoot a lot of 223, and then just leave it on the ground. Would 4 more grain case capacity in powder really give me that much more in the long run? Had to really believe it would be worth it, all things considering...

If brass was " free" and plentiful for the ARC, just like 223 brass is for me now.. I'd go with the ARC... but since it isn't, then the 6 x 45 is "close enough for government work".....this fall's results on a blacktail will make that clearer to me, or leave me heading back to the primary hunting cartridge in that 6.5 Grendal in a Ruger Predator.

Isn't it great tho to have 2 choices so close together, yet not that far apart in the recoil arena...both with low recoil, and results out of proportion for their size and powder needs...

What's not to like here.... that 6 x 45 rings steel at 300 and 400 yds with NO problem.. the 6 ARC would be just a slight bit better.. but the deal breaker for me is ALL of that Free 223 brass....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Wow not obsess aver 4 whole grains of powder capacity! Stick will be here shortly.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Bullets matter wayyyyyyy more than headstamps and due the Fact that you don't shoot,you'll never begin to understand such SIMPLISTIC ballistic constants...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

While an increase in case capacity is nice,it's not nearly as important as the windows of opportunity cast open,due the HUGE advantages inherent viable projectile selection. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination,Pretend,Lying,Crying,Whining and Stealing Pictures are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Pardon my controlling your every thought,"move" and Avatar. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for TRYING though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Ha ha ha

Dog I rescued in January

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

It's nice that you found something you can "do" and here's to the Sweet "Satisfactions" that are surely your's,in being able to Steal Pictures...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination,Pretend,Lying,Crying,Whining and Stealing Pictures are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

"Sorry" for my controlling your every thought,"move" and Avatar. Hint.

Simply pardon wares that exist,as you Pretend aloud with your GoogleFu. Hint.

Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Everything is bigger in Texas,especially The Hurt Feelers and Thieves...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

"Sorry" for my controlling your every thought,"move" and Avatar. Hint.

Simply pardon wares that exist,as you Pretend aloud with your GoogleFu. 105 A-Max here. Hint.

Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Dog I rescued in January

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rickt300

ain't easy being the size of a 5 year old is it?

ain't easy being Schtick...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 25 invisible), 1,797 guests, and 1,009 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,274
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.