Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/11/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Lol the qtard listens to spomer too? Lol double down on stupid

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I didnt even watch the video but from the title it seems that a boomer is saying the 6.5 Creedmoor is falling out of favor or popularity. Why does the boomer generation hate change? And that's an honest question, not trolling or trying to start shìt. My parents are boomers (dads dead now) but I witnessed it with them too.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Well for one reason . Change brought us Obummer and Bidet. Case closed..Edk

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Jag, just eat a dick

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Jag, just eat a dick

AOD, I'm just not interest in your favorite activities.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I thought it was a some what interesting breakdown of all the cartridges similar and compared them quickly, I've seen a lot worse videos and it covered a lot of info.

And I don't own a 6.5.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ERK
Well for one reason . Change brought us Obummer and Bidet. Case closed..Edk
Change brought us combustion engines, refrigeration, penicillin, and the internet too.

You take the good with bad.

I can’t think of a cartridge that I dislike. I like some better than others. The 6.5 CM is slightly underpowered with heavy for caliber bullets but it was designed for maximum inherent accuracy and velocity it a short action rifle and does pretty well. Nothing to hate even if you’re Swede kills deer just as dead.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
7mm-08 in control. Trust the plan.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I thought it was a some what interesting breakdown of all the cartridges similar and compared them quickly, I've seen a lot worse videos and it covered a lot of info.

And I don't own a 6.5.
But you stuck a cartridge in your throat just for giggles.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by chesterwy
7mm-08 in control. Trust the plan.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I didnt even watch the video but from the title it seems that a boomer is saying the 6.5 Creedmoor is falling out of favor or popularity. Why does the boomer generation hate change? And that's an honest question, not trolling or trying to start shìt. My parents are boomers (dads dead now) but I witnessed it with them too.
I think we can agree that everybody resists change, we have all seen it in the workplace, or maybe a consumer product advertised as new and improved and seldom is. True, us old guys hate change...but we got some history to back us up. F'rinstance, when I was a young man starting a work career in the 60's, just shortly after the entry level job, if you had some enthusiasm and could learn, you could afford to get married, own a home, afford some kids, and have at least one late model car in the driveway, afford to go to the doctor when needed...anyway, you get it, the old middle class dream. That is all gone, too many reasons why, but it changed. Maybe we should have resisted change much more strongly in hindsight. Resisted the endless wars which gained nothing, resisted a space program which almost bankrupted us (for which we got...teflon), resisted millions of people riding social security that put nothing into it, feeding millions who could work but wouldn't, sending boatloads of money to countries we couldn't even find on a map....on and on. You can blame your problems on boomers, but I lived it, knew it was happening, and I'll be [bleep] if I knew how to stop it. Now I guess my take away from this would be, if you are doing OK, resist change for changes sake. And I sure hope the Creed doesn't die, because a customer stuck me with one, and right now I can't give it away at cost.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ron is always well-spoken, pragmatic, reasoned and without a lot hype.

Would love to have a drink or six with him.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I always liked Spomer’s articles.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Most of us don't hate change - we just see no practical, real advantage, of the recent changes.
I prefer getting closer to my prey. It's more fun and reduces the chance of things going haywire.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
i had the 6.5 CM in a TC Encore with 15", 16 1/4" and 23" MGM barrels. i fed the 6.5CM alot of 120gr and 140 gr Nosler BT and Hornady SST bullets and Superformance powder. i couldn't find load that goes over 1" at 100 yards. i killed a few deer with it and they are not special, just a boom, flop, dead deer.

i built for my youngest son a '16 Spanish Mauser in 6.5x55 (Numrich sporter barrel) and it will go 3/4 - 1 1/4"group at 100 yards (5 shots/bench) with 120gr Nosler BT and IMR-i forgot the powder.

i'm one of those guys who don't care about celebrities, Spomer included.

i believe it was 2008 or 09 when MGM barrels came with the 6.5CM and i bought an TC Encore in 15" barrel. i thought at the time, that the 6.5CM would be a flash in the pan. boy was i wrong.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Well the 30-06 has been around for 3-4 generations and is still good to kill anything in North America. The 308 came out in the mid-50's and it became a great cartridge. Now 60-100 years later the 6.5 is supposed to be better. Every backwoods store in North America will have these in stock for anyone that hunts, along with 22lr and 12 gauge shells. What does the Creedmore do, give you maybe 50 more yards of effective range. 99% of hunting is under 250 yards. Over than you need braces to hold steady enough to shoot something or shoot prone.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Well the 30-06 has been around for 3-4 generations and is still good to kill anything in North America. The 308 came out in the mid-50's and it became a great cartridge. Now 60-100 years later the 6.5 is supposed to be better. Every backwoods store in North America will have these in stock for anyone that hunts, along with 22lr and 12 gauge shells. What does the Creedmore do, give you maybe 50 more yards of effective range. 99% of hunting is under 250 yards. Over than you need braces to hold steady enough to shoot something or shoot prone.

Over the last several years, the ONLY ammo I consistently saw on the shelf was 6.5 Creed with the "normals" being missing. Smallest store I was in was about 15x20 tho in a town of 382.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude

Put a 100 rounds through the 30.06 in an afternoon, then the 6.5 Creed and get back to us on your newfound appreciation for the Creed. 😀

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Most of us don't hate change - we just see no practical, real advantage, of the recent changes.
I prefer getting closer to my prey. It's more fun and reduces the chance of things going haywire.
You’re missing the point.

I love old cartridges too. Not everything is about hunting or hunting inside of 300 yards.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (22kHornet, 25aught6, 280ACKIMP, 222ND, 270wsmnutt, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,380
Posts18,527,505
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.