Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
She might not understand lithium but you can be sure she understands money and coverups.
BleachBit and hammered SIM cards.

Yep.

DF

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Houser52
My grandparents had a farm near Bessemer City, NC. Somewhere in the mid to late 60s a lithium mine was opened on the neighboring property. I remember that our family was visiting my grandparents on the day of the very first blast which began operations. Mining officials came to the house and warned us to stay put until the all clear siren was sounded.

That first blast was something like you’d see in a movie. The ground shook, dust and boulders the size of cars were thrown hundreds of feet into the air. Some of the smaller rocks made it to within a few hundred feet of my grandparents house. I don’t remember the explosion being too loud though. I guess because it was contained so far underground.

In the years after that first blast, Lithium bought out my grandparent’s farm and used it to pile all of the mining rubble. Where we all used to roam and play as kids, the house, barns, pastures, meadows gone… and everything is now acres and acres of land covered in a mountain of rocks, dirt, overgrown with scrub trees, bushes and briars.

My dad's 70 acre family farm was just down stream from my grandparents place, now the lithium mine, and that’s where our family lived. There was the constant sound of heavy trucks running 24 hours a day, dust and the occasional rumbling of a blast. Ever so often our creek would run water that was milky looking and the EPA would come take water samples.

Fast forward to around 1990, Lithium approached my dad about purchasing our property. By that time I was grown, married and had moved away from home. Not sure what deal he worked out but he ended up with a farm and new house just a few miles from my house. The farm where my dad grew up and I grew up is now a huge sediment lake and overgrown vegetation.
I don’t know if it’s related to the mine or not but my mom and 2 sisters all have passed away from cancer.

As far as I can see the lithium mine didn’t improve anything for anyone near the mine. Some of the other adjoining landowners were also bought out or relocated but for the most part no other benefits.

Now, with the “green energy” craze, lithium is pushing for an expansion in the area. Residents are all joining together and trying to fight the expansion. Where it ends up, who knows.
Sure you know where it ends up. The little guy loses, the big money guys win. The little guy has always been the loser.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I wonder if the company who gets the contract will conduct drug tests. I'd really hate to work around heavy equipment operated by dopers.
Would you work around heavy equipment operated by alkies?

The Australians made us blow into a breathalyzer every morning during the safety meeting.

It's a good thing the geologists wasn't running any heavy equipment. grin

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the company does not establish its own town, there will be a bunch of pissed off workers when they pull into McDermitt.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
One thing is for sure.

None of the workers are going to come from the Oregon side.

Boom towns attract prostitutes.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It doesn't cost anything to look.

Pictures of Northern Nevada Hookers.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
There’s no brothels in Wendover, Jackpot, or McDermott. There won’t be any either. Gotta be 50 miles inside the border for that. Nearest brothels in NE NV are in Wells. Which is just over 50 miles away from ID and UT.

The Lithium will almost certainly never be mined, simply because it is within California. Having dealt with permitting with Region 9 EPA, it’s an absolute nightmare to get anything done. The leftist wack jobs controlling CA will NEVER allow it. They would much rather have this so they can feel good about their ‘green’ selves:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A list of brothels shows a number of them within 50 miles of a state line, especially the CA line. What I read said the counties decide if they want them or not.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
This news was a surprise.... Top two pics in the caldera, others are possibly there or possibly nearby. whistle I'm all for the lithium, we need it. Worked from Orvada for a few months back in the day. Nearby another time. There's better than average sagelands in that country. Oldschool rock blinds next to bighorn trails and sage grouse lek sites. Amply-watered rangeland, productive for livestock and wildlife bliss. Not juniperized. Hmmm. Time flys.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
I wonder if the company who gets the contract will conduct drug tests. I'd really hate to work around heavy equipment operated by dopers.

Tweakers do it with speed!
They certainly do.

If folks only knew who's doing what out there in their daily lives, they might just stay home.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DryPowder

The Australians made us blow into a breathalyzer every morning during the safety meeting.

It's a good thing the geologists wasn't running any heavy equipment. grin

Interesting.

I bet y'all didn't drink to excess the night before.

Geologists, biologists, proctologists......................they don't have those concerns in some places.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
This news was a surprise.... Top two pics in the caldera, others are possibly there or possibly nearby. whistle I'm all for the lithium, we need it. Worked from Orvada for a few months back in the day. Nearby another time. There's better than average sagelands in that country. Oldschool rock blinds next to bighorn trails and sage grouse lek sites. Amply-watered rangeland, productive for livestock and wildlife bliss. Not juniperized. Hmmm. Time flys.

Cool pics.

A couple of real shooter bucks in there.

Not juniperized. Damn, I wish we could "unjuniperize" a bunch of territory around here.

Might have to take a trip over that way one day. Have driven the route from Winnemucca North and South numerous times, didn't know about that caldera, always wondered where some of those roads went.

In it is contentment

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
There’s no brothels in Wendover, Jackpot, or McDermott. There won’t be any either. Gotta be 50 miles inside the border for that. Nearest brothels in NE NV are in Wells. Which is just over 50 miles away from ID and UT.

The Lithium will almost certainly never be mined, simply because it is within California. Having dealt with permitting with Region 9 EPA, it’s an absolute nightmare to get anything done. The leftist wack jobs controlling CA will NEVER allow it. They would much rather have this so they can feel good about their ‘green’ selves:

A list of brothels shows a number of them within 50 miles of a state line, especially the CA line. What I read said the counties decide if they want them or not.

You’re gonna get your arse kicked iffen your old lady finds out you’re searching for NV whore houses. I think you’re right. I’m not remembering correctly. It was an Elko county thing now that you mention it.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
McD had a red light on above the bar occasionally in '02. Wannafucca had a few. Hell, I think Denial offered up a thick one too, back in the late '90s. But I surely ain't gonna Goggle it! LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
McD had a red light on above the bar occasionally in '02. Wannafucca had a few. Hell, I think Denial offered up a thick one too, back in the late '90s. But I surely ain't gonna Goggle it! LOL

Just "a" thick one?

As in only the one???

In it is contentment

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Just "a" thick one?

As in only the one???
Yes

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 73 invisible), 3,055 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,230
Posts18,485,651
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.