Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by deflave
Sounds like the OP lives in butt-fugk nowheresville.

You could call it that. Not in town at all and the one close isn't much but I like rural life.

Nothing wrong with it. Just saying that your local LE is going to be commensurate.

That cop is a fugk up.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What makes it many times worse is that home invasion robbery teams routinely identify themselves as police to get you to open the door.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Plenty videos of cops at wrong houses shooting people through windows when they came to the door with a gun.

Also trendy these days for goblins to claim they're the police or service workers to get you to open the door so 3 or 4 of them can charge in.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Sounds like the OP lives in butt-fugk nowheresville.

You could call it that. Not in town at all and the one close isn't much but I like rural life.

Nothing wrong with it. Just saying that your local LE is going to be commensurate.

That cop is a fugk up.

So you're eluding to urban/city LE is what, "better" than rural LE?

[bleep] that Gomer. Got a couple pretty big towns nearby and one bigger city up the road a bit that are plumb full of "fugk up" cops I wouldn't turn my blind side to under any circumstances.

The SO that handles our "nowheresville" county are all highly professional men and women with a good boss, good training, and a very solid respect for and of the community.
They are an integral part of our school system as in resource officers and sporting events.
As far as the rest of their job, there's a mutual understanding that they have our backs and we have theirs. Been around too many first responder situations with them to think otherwise.

[bleep] your broad brush dude.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
[quote=DMc]How does a short in a telephone line create a 911 call?[/quote

If your line is shorted out you can't get dial tone so you can't call anybody.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What makes it many times worse is that home invasion robbery teams routinely identify themselves as police to get you to open the door.
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Plenty videos of cops at wrong houses shooting people through windows when they came to the door with a gun.

Also trendy these days for goblins to claim they're the police or service workers to get you to open the door so 3 or 4 of them can charge in.

Never answer the door and Never talk to cops.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Feral_American

[bleep] that Gomer. Got a couple pretty big towns nearby and one bigger city up the road a bit that are plumb full of "fugk up" cops I wouldn't turn my blind side to under any circumstances.

The SO that handles our "nowheresville" county are all highly professional men and women with a good boss, good training, and a very solid respect for and of the community.
They are an integral part of our school system as in resource officers and sporting events.
As far as the rest of their job, there's a mutual understanding that they have our backs and we have theirs. Been around too many first responder situations with them to think otherwise.

In my experience yes.

And it's not even close.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Feral_American

In my experience yes.

And it's not even close.

I would say your "experience" isn't all that much then.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any LEO responding to a 9-1-1 hangup must be cautious in their approach.
It only makes sense to step into a lighted area, if there is one, to be identified as a LEO.

As a citizen, I have absolutely NO outside lighting at night.
You knock on my door at night, you're in the dark.....and I'm not turning on any lights! Period!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Any LEO responding to a 9-1-1 hangup must be cautious in their approach.
It only makes sense to step into a lighted area, if there is one, to be identified as a LEO.

As a citizen, I have absolutely NO outside lighting at night.
You knock on my door at night, you're in the dark.....and I'm not turning on any lights! Period!
Maybe turn their flashing lights on before they go looking into windows with a flashlight.

As they say, you can’t fix stupid.

Last edited by steve4102; 09/16/23.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The cop handled it just the way he was supposed to handle it, and being skeptical is a requirement.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
The cop handled it just the way he was supposed to handle it, and being skeptical is a requirement.
Right, walking around in the middle of the night on private property,peering into windows with a flashlight making sure the homeowner has no clue as to who the invader is, is the best way to handle it. Gotchya

And if the homeowner is holding a firearm, start shooting, dog first.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steve4102 doesn't have any answers and no idea how to handle the situation.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by MOGC

Yep…trolling, trolling, trolling…..

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I know exactly how I would handle it.

Do not answer the door and do not talk to cops, ever.

Protect my wife, kids and dog, from these POS.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This is what happens when you answer the door. Never answer the door.

Last edited by steve4102; 09/16/23.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by steve4102
I know exactly how I would handle it.

Do not answer the door and do not talk to cops, ever.

Protect my wife, kids and dog, from these POS.

I think that in this situation, someone IS going to talk to the cop. Better you than your next of kin. Still a very dangerous time for all involved. Lucky nobody was killed.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Anyone who approaches one of my doors at night gets lit up by motion sensor LED lights. I know the exact range to the door so he/she/it is going to be brightly illuminated while I communicate with them from behind a locked door in total darkness via intercom. We're 20-something miles from the nearest cop shop, so we handle our own security while we're talking to the 911 dispatcher.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Never talk to the cops, ever

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I would have slipped out the back door 870 12ga. pump in hand then eased around to the front of the house.

You're a dummy then

911 is a great system but it's not prefect
I'll bet it saves 10 of thousands of lifes every year. The OP handled this about right. The deputy did too. He doesn't know what he's driving up to and he had no backup. No reason to think a single deputy is up to no good, he probably didn't want to knock on that door either.
I've responded to many "911 hangups" in my career. Most were kids messing around and that's a good way to get rid of the officer. Each case is different.
My cell phone dialed 911 all by itself a few months ago. I got a phone call back from Kodiak PD. The dispatcher must have asked me 5 times if i was due everything was OK. I finally asked her if she wanted me to drive to the station and meet with her. She finally believed me🤷

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

165 members (1_deuce, 3333vl, 308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 20 invisible), 14,662 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,966
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.