Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MOGC
That's not what I asked. I asked if you were the OFFICER how would you handle the call if you went to the 9-1-1 call and nobody responded to your knocks on the door? Or if someone inside yelled through the door, "Nobody here called you. Go away!" Play pretend pin the badge on and tell us what is the officer supposed to do in that situation.

Red and blues on for starters.

"SHERIFF DEPARTMENT" is next.

None of this was described by the OP.

Approaching solo is flat fugking stupid. And I don't want to hear about "we only got one cop for 700 square miles." If that's the case you don't need a police presence at all. And you damn sure don't need to investigate 911 hang ups @ 0300.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deflave
That's not what I asked. I asked if you were the OFFICER how would you handle the call if you went to the 9-1-1 call and nobody responded to your knocks on the door? Or if someone inside yelled through the door, "Nobody here called you. Go away!" Play pretend pin the badge on and tell us what is the officer supposed to do in that situation.

Approaching solo is flat fugking stupid. And I don't want to hear about "we only got one cop for 700 square miles." If that's the case you don't need a police presence at all. And you damn sure don't need to investigate 911 hang ups @ 0300.

If those lights would have been on it would have put me in an entirely different mindset and I would not have had to ask who is knocking on my door. Since this took place that's the one question that runs through my mind as to why those lights were not on.

Years ago, the very day I moved into my new house, a body was found within half mile of my place. Guy was murdered and left in the woods. It turned out to be a drug deal thing. A few days later a highway patrol investigator and the city cop, who I had known for 15 years came here to ask me some questions. As soon as they got out of the car, after dark, the city cop stated his name loud enough for me to hear. I opened the door and invited them in. I always wondered about him getting his name out so loud and so soon but now I see why. He had allot of experience and was just using good judgement in how he approached coming to my house. He knew me well enough to do it that way and I knew him well enough to trust him.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Steve4102 doesn't have any answers and no idea how to handle the situation.

How bout this, posted a couple posts before your ignorant post.

Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Any LEO responding to a 9-1-1 hangup must be cautious in their approach.
It only makes sense to step into a lighted area, if there is one, to be identified as a LEO.

As a citizen, I have absolutely NO outside lighting at night.
You knock on my door at night, you're in the dark.....and I'm not turning on any lights! Period!
Maybe turn their flashing lights on before they go looking into windows with a flashlight.

As they say, you can’t fix stupid.

Last edited by steve4102; 09/17/23.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don’t most if not all police cars have an intercom system, siren and flashing lights? Use the intercom to announce your presence. Blip the siren. Flash the lights. Anyone or more as appropriate for the situation.

Have 911 call the phone back and check to see if the call was legitimate. LE trains how to escalate situations and for SWAT events. They do all this high profile training. Do they also plan and train for the mundane, everyday situations they might encounter?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 45_100
Don’t most if not all police cars have an intercom system, siren and flashing lights? Use the intercom to announce your presence. Blip the siren. Flash the lights. Anyone or more as appropriate for the situation.

Have 911 call the phone back and check to see if the call was legitimate. LE trains how to escalate situations and for SWAT events. They do all this high profile training. Do they also plan and train for the mundane, everyday situations they might encounter?
This should help answer your question.

Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I personally believe the objective of this is to cause a situation, seen it too many times to be an accident.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
We live half a mile from the nearest pavement, on a narrow dead end gravel road. My property straddles the county line, so the sheriff's department of either one is half an hour's Code 3 drive or more away. Any LEO who ventures more than 25 feet from the center of that road in the middle of the night is on private property, and he/she will be afforded the same rights and priveleges by me as any other trespasser. If he establishes that he has a good reason to be here, he will be treated with the dignity and respect that he, or a private citizen deserves. If he's an obnoxious azzole with a badge, a set of blue lights, and an attitude, he will receive all the "due respect" he deserves- - - -which isn't much!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
We live half a mile from the nearest pavement, on a narrow dead end gravel road. My property straddles the county line, so the sheriff's department of either one is half an hour's Code 3 drive or more away. Any LEO who ventures more than 25 feet from the center of that road in the middle of the night is on private property, and he/she will be afforded the same rights and priveleges by me as any other trespasser. If he establishes that he has a good reason to be here, he will be treated with the dignity and respect that he, or a private citizen deserves. If he's an obnoxious azzole with a badge, a set of blue lights, and an attitude, he will receive all the "due respect" he deserves- - - -which isn't much!

You gotta be the toughest guy you know.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim1611

If those lights would have been on it would have put me in an entirely different mindset and I would not have had to ask who is knocking on my door. Since this took place that's the one question that runs through my mind as to why those lights were not on.

Years ago, the very day I moved into my new house, a body was found within half mile of my place. Guy was murdered and left in the woods. It turned out to be a drug deal thing. A few days later a highway patrol investigator and the city cop, who I had known for 15 years came here to ask me some questions. As soon as they got out of the car, after dark, the city cop stated his name loud enough for me to hear. I opened the door and invited them in. I always wondered about him getting his name out so loud and so soon but now I see why. He had allot of experience and was just using good judgement in how he approached coming to my house. He knew me well enough to do it that way and I knew him well enough to trust him.

Your concerns are valid.

That cop was an ass hole.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
According to the Boys in Blue here on The Fire, NOT activating the flashing lights and not identifying himself before he when peeping into windows is SOP.

Don’t expect anything different next time.

Now that they know you have a dog, they will be back

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why would the cherries and berries have mattered?

Any swinging dick can get a set and impersonate a cop. Same with a sirenand loud speaker.

In that situation I am calling 911 to see if it's legit before I open the door.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Why would the cherries and berries have mattered?

Any swinging dick can get a set and impersonate a cop. Same with a sirenand loud speaker.

In that situation I am calling 911 to see if it's legit before I open the door.
It might help deescalate the situation, then again it may not, but as NOT turning on the flasher is SOP, we will never know.

Light or no lights,

Never answer the door

Never talk to police, sheriffs, FBI, ATF etc., that are all one entity

Stay away from doors and windows

And hide your dog

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

In all honesty, in my 19 years in LE, I’ve never attended any training that promoted premeditated escalation of force. And that’s with me being an instructor since 2009, supervisor since 2013, and as a unit commander for the last three years. We already have enough on our plates as it is.

However, we do scenario training every 3 months where we bring in trained actors. Most scenarios can be resolved peacefully. However, just like reality, some scenarios go bad and a lot is dependent on the interaction between the officer and actor. Then again, some scenarios are premeditated attacks by the actor, which is also reality.

Between 950 and 1100 people are shot and killed by a police officer every year in the US. Based on the average 174 hrs per month spread out over 800,000 officers nationwide, the worst case scenario is roughly 1 death per 1.5 million hours of policing. That means 1,649,998,900 hrs of policing goes by every year with no one getting killed.

If we were out picking fights and escalating situations, we would be killing WAY more people. There are plenty of dirtbags we deal with that would be more worthy of an “escalation” vs a law abiding citizen. The hell you go through in an OIS review is not worth any kind of notch on a belt. Trust me, you’re not worth it!

More people die of medical mistakes every 3 days than die by police over a year. Who should you really be afraid of?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spiders….

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

In all honesty, in my 19 years in LE, I’ve never attended any training that promoted premeditated escalation of force. And that’s with me being an instructor since 2009, supervisor since 2013, and as a unit commander for the last three years. We already have enough on our plates as it is.

However, we do scenario training every 3 months where we bring in trained actors. Most scenarios can be resolved peacefully. However, just like reality, some scenarios go bad and a lot is dependent on the interaction between the officer and actor. Then again, some scenarios are premeditated attacks by the actor, which is also reality.

Between 950 and 1100 people are shot and killed by a police officer every year in the US. Based on the average 174 hrs per month spread out over 800,000 officers nationwide, the worst case scenario is roughly 1 death per 1.5 million hours of policing. That means 1,649,998,900 hrs of policing goes by every year with no one getting killed.

If we were out picking fights and escalating situations, we would be killing WAY more people. There are plenty of dirtbags we deal with that would be more worthy of an “escalation” vs a law abiding citizen. The hell you go through in an OIS review is not worth any kind of notch on a belt. Trust me, you’re not worth it!

More people die of medical mistakes every 3 days than die by police over a year. Who should you really be afraid of?
Not arguing your numbers at all but how many are shot that don't die?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

Not arguing your numbers at all but how many are shot that don't die?

Good question. I have no clue! I know that roughly 85,000 trips to the ER occur nationwide per year due to an interaction with police. But, we pretty much have to take someone to the ER for anything. A nasty ingrown hair that swells from cuffs is a sure trip to the ER.

It’s a common tactic for the savvy individual. Make them take you to the HR and if it takes too long, the cop will leave you there if you didn’t commit a Class A felony.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We live 3/4 of a mile from where anyone should be in the middle of our property. My wife stays home alone while I'm off hunting and fishing. I can't see where walking around shining a light in the windows would be a thing for anyone. We have our home phone and cell phone numbers on the front and back gates. Cop's have a terrible job, I can't imagine having to put up with what they have to.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Cop's have a terrible job, I can't imagine having to put up with what they have to.
Have to ? Somebody's forcing them to be cops ?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Cop's have a terrible job, I can't imagine having to put up with what they have to.
Have to ? Somebody's forcing them to be cops ?

Blackfart scammed those COVID bucks like a mother fugker.

Then she “retired.”

LOL

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah, no schit, I can’t imagine the stress and mental fatigue our FBI and ATF cops in the field have to go through every day when they Raid disabled veteran’s homes and shoot them dead, or when they go dog hunting, or even when they raid the home of the former President of the United States.

Tuff job man, tuff job.

But hey, as long as they made it home safe.

I wonder if they just mount their Dog harvests, or they eat the meat as well.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (1minute, 264mag, 204guy, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 222ND, 30 invisible), 14,524 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,950
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.