Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thinking of getting one and wondered if anybody here had one and if it was reliable and reasonably accurate.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A tiny pistol with double stack magazine for rimmed cartridges? Can there be anything inherently less reliable? I would ask on Ruger forums, but getting one reliable right out of the box will probably take a miracle.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RHClark
Thinking of getting one and wondered if anybody here had one and if it was reliable and reasonably accurate.

Mine works great. Been reliable with everything Ive tried in it. Works just as well as my original Ruger LCP 380 and my LCP Max 380

CDNN had some on clearance the other day for like $199 or less if I recall correctly.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/19/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Slavek
A tiny pistol with double stack magazine for rimmed cartridges? Can there be anything inherently less reliable? I would ask on Ruger forums, but getting one reliable right out of the box will probably take a miracle.

Maser. Just STFU. Your an IDIOT that wouldn’t know schitt from shinola when it comes to any REAL Firearms.
And it has a single stack magazine DUMBASS.

Maybe you should stick with Airsoft “guns” and dirty diapers, since that’s more your speed.
Schitt For Brains POS.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/19/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, $199 deal at CDNN there is no need to go further then that. Now, why a new KelTec P32 at $300+ is almost always out of stock anywhere one looks?

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
off topic, but Palmetto State Armory has Beretta Tomcats .32acp on sale for $399. Beretta is offering $150 rebate back, net $249. I got mine yesterday in FDE color. Really cool pistol and all METAL also, except the grips. FWIW

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by desertoakie
off topic, but Palmetto State Armory has Beretta Tomcats .32acp on sale for $399. Beretta is offering $150 rebate back, net $249. I got mine yesterday in FDE color. Really cool pistol and all METAL also, except the grips. FWIW

There is no going wrong with that deal. PPU FMJ ammo can be found for $20 per box. It has low recoil and almost no muzzle flash. For defense use there are Fiocchi and S&B loads.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by RHClark
Mine works great. Been reliable with everything Ive tried in it.
That’s been my experience, as well. The only exception is that it fractured CCI shot capsules when cycled from the magazine, spilling the tiny shot down into the mag, mag well and action (so, cross those off the list of options, unless one in the chamber is enough). However, both standard and high velocity LR solids and hollow points work just fine in my Elsie Pitu. It originally shot extremely high, so I had to file down the rear sight until I got the hits to pretty much match the point of aim:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Every day’s an adventure.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Nice

R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Appreciate it guys.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Apparently some of the early LCP-22's had issues with misfiring, and the one I got was badly afflicted with that malady. It would fail to fire at least 6 rounds of a 10-round magazine every time. I returned it to Ruger, and when I got it back it was just as bad, misfiring more than half the time. Cute little gun, but it just wouldn't work.

In desperation I ordered a performance spring kit from Galloway, and after installation the LCP-22 has been 100% reliable so far. All of a sudden, I like the little pistol.

Feeding, extraction and ejection have never been a problem. It just wouldn't go "Bang" until I put the spring kit in, even after a trip back to Ruger.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 09/20/23.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Get the Taurus TX 22 Compact and thank me later

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Get the Taurus TX 22 Compact and thank me later
There good reviews on them. So it's true then? Might have to, I'm a 22lr fan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The TX 22 got very good reviews. One does not need tiny .22 pistol, something larger is ok. One has to be extremely limited in options to settle for .22lr as defensive weapon. Strike one smaller pistols tend to be less reliable. Strike two ammo failure rate is much higher than with center ignition cartridges, therefore, cartridge selection is extremely important. Most reliable are highest quality match loads. Strike three match grade ammo may not function in all semi-autos. The one shining ray of hope when it comes to semi-auto compatible ammo are CCI Minimags. Some years ago when I shot lot of .22 Kings of Duds were inexpensive Remington and Aguila loads.
This is were small light 8 or 9 shot .22 revolvers shine. It is far preferable to clear the dud by pressing trigger again then clearing a jam in semi-auto.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Depending on what the intended use is, there's quite a size/weight difference between the LCPII and the TX22 Compact.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/ruger-lcp-ii-22lr-vs-taurus-tx22-compact

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From what people report online about new Ruger firearms it appears they now rely on customers to be the final QC person.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
My grown daughter wanted one since she does not like recoil in small handgun . With her small hands she has trouble holding on . I liked hers so much I ended up getting one. They both serve the purpose of being small and concealable and easy to operate and control. Both have been reliable with CCI mini mags. Weather or not a 22lr is a defense weapon is another discussion. I feel it is a lot better than nothing. Kills small animals easily up close- 20 yards is a long shot , but have hit the occasional armadillo though not at a high percentage... Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've not handled or shot one, can't say anything about them.

In classic campfire fashion, I'll recommend something different. I love the little LCR 22. Not really an argument against the LCP....just my love of the LCR.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
For those of you carrying a .22, consider the CCI Segmented rounds. My experience with the subsonic on the trapline have been impressive compared to any RN or HP round I've tried. If your gun cycles them (my SR22 does), you may really like it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have carried one daily for the last couple of years. Goes bang every time I pull the trigger. And tends to hit anything I aim at within 7 yards.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (badwolf, 257 mag, 35, BABore, 10 invisible), 1,442 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,064
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.