Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Apparently, the guy couldn't get a Komodo Dragon.

Less people have been bitten by Alligator service animals than any other breed.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...507-54574d61-9b71-4f56-a8b1-e2628b6c4943

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I remember the story they did on him back in 2019.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Emotional support animal =/= service animal

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Gawd I wish I hadn't left my phone in the truck that one day at Rural King.
Dude had a wallaby or kangaroo thing.
Tacticool vest patches and on a leash.

πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Slumlord got pics of some woman with a fuuking capuchin monkey or schit like that the next week.

Viva Clarksvegas.....

πŸ˜ƒπŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ₯΄

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fine by me as long as the gator has a muzzle on it….

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
You see people with them all the time now. I wonder how many are really service animals. You mostly see women with them!!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
We all know how loving a gentle gators are in the wild......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've seen a few establishments pushing back on nitwits who think slapping a vest on fido means they can bring it with wherever they go.

They post the definition of a bonafide service animal at the door, and say "stay out" if your animal doesn't meet the criteria.

I'm all for it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Those animals are a big help to a lot of people. But the system is clearly being abused. I've seen the difference they can make with some special needs kids and wouldn't want to see them lose their animals. Usually dogs. I don't know what the answer is. Seems we always have someone who ruins things for everyone.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Absolutely. No complaints about legitimate service dogs.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by smokepole
Absolutely. No complaints about legitimate service dogs.

Service Animals were defined in 2011 as Service DOGS...only exception is mini-horses for the blind. Emotional Support Animals are a SCAM on their best day and other than rentals theres no legal accommodation given them.

The Service Dog thing has been so abused by people putting a vest on their pets that I can honestly say Ive only seen one real Service Dog in the last 3 years. I used to train them..I kinda know what to look for and 99% of what Im seeing are fakes.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm no dog expert but I was thinking the same. A service dog has an air about it, very alert, observant, well-trained and behaved.

Most of the ones with vests are none of that.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
A service animal is one that is certified by the ADA and trained to do a specific task to help a handicapped person. They are allowed by Federal law to enter most if not all places open to the public. An emotional support animal may be just someones pet and they absolutely have no real certification or Federal protection to enter anywhere.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~

3-7-77
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by JMR40
Those animals are a big help to a lot of people. But the system is clearly being abused. I've seen the difference they can make with some special needs kids and wouldn't want to see them lose their animals. Usually dogs. I don't know what the answer is. Seems we always have someone who ruins things for everyone.
GFY and your service animals fetish.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I know for sure there are motels and hotels that do not allow animals. Would this be a violation of the ADA? A motel owner ought to be allowed to keep animals out.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Hastings
I know for sure there are motels and hotels that do not allow animals. Would this be a violation of the ADA? A motel owner ought to be allowed to keep animals out.

If its a legit SERVICE dog they should be allowed in. Emotional Support Animals on the other hand as Ingwe said are mostly a scam people use to get their annoying ass dogs etc allowed wherever they want, but legally the only exception mandating their allowance is for rental housing.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by plumbum
Emotional support animal =/= service animal

Negatory, sir!
An ESA and a "Service Animal" are "different".
I have a "service dog", and I also have a "therapy dog".
My eldest has an "ESA"!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hastings

Here ya' go. Free info, take it for what it's worth.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclop...-dogs-and-emotional-support-animals.html

Which Animals Count as Service Animals in Louisiana?

In Louisiana, a service animal is a dog who is trained to do work or tasks for someone with a disability, whether physical or mental. A service dog might be a guide dog, a hearing dog, a mobility dog, an autism service dog, a seizure alert dog, a dog that provides assistance during a medical crisis, or a dog that assists people (including veterans) with post-traumatic stress disorder or traumatic brain injuries.

Under the ADA, a service animal is a dog (or in some cases, a miniature horse). In addition to guide dogs and hearing dogs, here are some examples of service animals that must be allowed into public accommodations under the ADA:

psychiatric service animals, which help their handlers manage mental and emotional disabilities by, for example, interrupting self-harming behaviors, reminding handlers to take medication, checking spaces for intruders, or providing calming pressure during anxiety or panic attacks
seizure alert animals, which let their handlers know of impending seizures, and may also guard their handlers during seizure activity, and
allergen alert animals, which let their handlers know of foods or other substances that could be dangerous (such as peanuts).

Neither the ADA nor Louisiana's service animal law includes therapy dogs or what some people call "emotional support animals": animals that provide a sense of safety, companionship, and comfort to those with psychiatric or emotional disabilities or conditions. Although these animals often have therapeutic benefits, they are not individually trained to perform specific tasks for their handlers. Under the ADA and Louisiana law, owners of public accommodations are not required to allow emotional support animals, only service animals. These laws also don't apply to pets.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've stayed a couple of times at the Battle Rock Motel in Port Orford Oregon and that lady will not let a dog stay at her place

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Last winter at my kid's wrestling meet, a pit mix "service dog" dropped about a foot and a half of hot turd in the walkway between the wrestling mats and the gym end wall. Owners didn't have a clue what to do, and basically left it there. I had to go down, place trashcan and folding chair barricades and direct the wrestlers being called to their mats to go around the mess. Yelled at the owners to keep up the barricade until the janitor got there and they looked at me like I was growing a horn. It's nice for wrestlers to be grinding hot dog turd into each others' faces on the mats.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1minute, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,818
Posts18,477,702
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.