Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I don’t know when but hopefully I’m fuggin a chubby chick with a hairy puzzy when I go! 😁

Last edited by LBP; 10/04/23.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I come from hardy stock...

I am a descendent of the first people that got off the boat at Jamestowne in 1607. There was a 100 to 110 people on that boat, that landed in what was to be Jamestowne.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamestown,_Virginia

Quote from the article on Wiki:

The Jamestown[a] settlement in the Colony of Virginia was the first permanent English settlement in the Americas. It was located on the northeast bank of the James River, about 2.5 mi (4 km) southwest of the center of modern Williamsburg.[1] It was established by the Virginia Company of London as "James Fort" on May 4, 1607 O.S. (May 14, 1607 N.S.),[2] and was considered permanent after a brief abandonment in 1610. It followed several failed attempts, including the Lost Colony of Roanoke, established in 1585 on Roanoke Island, later part of North Carolina. Jamestown served as the colonial capital from 1616 until 1699. Despite the dispatch of more settlers and supplies, more than 80 percent of the colonists died in 1609–10, mostly from starvation and disease.[3] I am a descendent of the 20% that survived all of that. My early ancestors became prominent in early Colonial Colonal Virginia.

Great grand parents many generations back, were born in 1696... People lived to be 40 and that was considered old age. 50 was really old age. Robert Francis Lilly and his spouse Francine Moody were the first people to settle in what is now West Virginia in the early 1700s.

They had 16 children. The last 4 were born in wedlock. Francine *( Frankie) died in 1806. Robert Francis ( Frank ) died in 1810. ( http://mymedievalgenealogy.blogspot.com/2013/10/robert-lilly-and-mary-fanny-moody.html )

Heck, I could live to be a 100 or get hit by a bus, this time next week.

I always figured that God knows before the day we are born.. how long we are going to live and how we are going to come to our demise. So why really stress out over it. When its your time, its your time.

My granddad use to tell us what goes around, comes around, so ya better make it good. That translated in my head to: " We all have a beginning and we all have an end.. we have no control over either... we just have control of everything in between' > That is how I translated my granddad's "What goes around comes around, so ya better make it good!"

That my philosophy on it. grin I just spend a lot of time at my age, dodging Buses.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've ignored this thread, don't want to think about it.
High blood pressure, fat, for years, now flirting with diabetes.
Been working on all that, but a heart attack or stroke is likely.
54, looking toward retirement. Wondering at what age?
Wondering if I can get past 62.

Dad's family, born around the turn of century, lived into the 70s to 100s. Few of Mom's saw 70. Different lifestyles though, hard work/clean living vs the opposite.

Paul,
Said a few Brother.

I'd bet you'll be prodding and stirring the pot for decades.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheSOB
Easy for me. Was diagnosed with a terminal cancer, and if the cancer continues to progress, at this rate I'm looking at around 5 years. Still planning on living forever, and so far, so good.

I am very sorry to hear that. Live your remaining life on your terms.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We are all terminal! It just a matter of time!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being how I am 55 and have had 2 heart attacks and 4 stents installed already, I'm guessing Heart Disease will probably get me.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Bet I die of pancreatic cancer or a heart attack within the next 12 years.
(46 yr old now)

You?
jeezz talk about optimism...I am 56 and believe I still have a long road to go, I expect to be around for the 2040 Phoenix event and the 2046 cataclysm that brings back the vapor canopy and resets humanity.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
age 72
Do 5 chin ups and 25 push ups a day.
Walk a mile a day.
Keto diet.
Will live to 92.

Until this year, I used to spend Oct deer hunting and drive 2000 miles, but I am too old.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Been having bad headaches lately. Had an MRI without contrast last week. Spot on my brain. Either brain damage from previous trauma or brain cancer. MRI with contrast scheduled for Friday the 13th to know for sure. I am betting it's malignant and will end up taking me out within 5 years.

Wishing you luck with this, Paul.

You have a great piece of property in TN, just waiting for you to live out your golden years.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Had chicken & arsenic, last night, so probably today !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

** wink

Last edited by New_2_99s; 10/04/23. Reason: ** to add

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Bet I die of pancreatic cancer or a heart attack within the next 12 years.
(46 yr old now)

You?

A relaxing vacation or two might help you out, Pard.

Get busy living or get busy dyin type thing...

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TheSOB
Easy for me. Was diagnosed with a terminal cancer, and if the cancer continues to progress, at this rate I'm looking at around 5 years. Still planning on living forever, and so far, so good.

Sorry to hear that.

Cancer SUCKS!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
If I make it to my 60th birthday I'm planning to go for a walk and find a grizzly bear to wrestle.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Friend of a friend at the hunt camp said he’d die St. Paddy’s Day this year, his birthday.

Dude did the whole sex, drugs and rock n’ roll thing, lived and worked all over the world, big money, partied with royalty.

Could never overcome his demons. Decided this was the year and did it.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Been having bad headaches lately. Had an MRI without contrast last week. Spot on my brain. Either brain damage from previous trauma or brain cancer. MRI with contrast scheduled for Friday the 13th to know for sure. I am betting it's malignant and will end up taking me out within 5 years.

You have a great piece of property in TN, just waiting for you to live out your golden years.

Indeed Paul.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Pard.

lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Had chicken & arsenic, last night, so probably today !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

** wink

😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Indeed Paul.

Probably 8 years ago I had horrible pain in the left thigh bone on the front side. After about a month and it not getting better I went in for an xray thinking I had a stress fracture from lifting something heavy at work. They didn't see a crack but something on the bone, infection, scaling something, they thought it was cancer, my mom died of bone cancer, so ok.

I had started taking some mexican amoxicillin before that to clear it up if it was a break and infected.

After the xray I went in for an mri and by the time it came back it had been six weeks since the first pain, and starting to go away. The mri came back zippo, the Dr was scratching his head. I said, it was probably a stress fracture same as I said two weeks ago... he reply I guess.

Never gave me a pain pill the whole time, I had to gut it out.

I don't believe Drs when it's not something obvious.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I lost 2 weeks vacation to debilitating pain in my back in April. Drs were no help. I should have taken OTC stuff and went to work. Then I could go on a 2 week, 3 state bird hunt in a couple weeks. But no, I'll be at work. Having learnt my lesson. You can be miserable at work but you can't go hunting without vacation.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (257Bob, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 222ND, 61 invisible), 2,619 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,381
Posts18,527,562
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.