Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Just curious... if you did see one why would you want to shoot it?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Apparently for the same reason that hunters want the biggest and best of any species on the wall. This would be the biggest, the best, and the onlyest.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Never finding any skeletal remains nor clear pictures in all the years searching for Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti should be proof enough of their non-existance.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm sure it's just a conspiracy theory. Lord knows they're never true.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Apparently for the same reason that hunters want the biggest and best of any species on the wall. This would be the biggest, the best, and the onlyest.

Can you imagine the hew and cry from the bunny hugger crowd? It would be deafening.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by barm
[quote=MAC][quote=barm]

I would bet you have not read one book on the subject in which you pretend to be an expert. Teddy Roosevelt wrote in the "Wilderness Hunter" about a mountain man who said exactly what you say never happened. Do some research on the subject. There are newspaper articles dating back to the 1680's and into the 1900's talking about bigfoot, wildmen, and giants. The Native Americans have known of their existence long before a white man ever set foot on this land. Sasquatch is probably one the easiest things to prove if you look into it.

You say the events concerning Boone and Crockett are somehow are meaningless. How do events published after someone dies discredit what is said? The New Testament was written after Jesus was dead, so by your reasoning I guess he did not exist or rise from the dead?

Here is the truth. The powerful elites have controlled what we see and what we hear and what we read for a long time. Would Fox News or CNN have to tell you that Sasquatch are real? How about a college professor? Or better yet, how about one of those 3-letter government agencies? They have a great track record for telling the truth in recent times, i.e. Kennedy's Assassination, Weapons of Mass Destruction, The 911 Report, Covid 19. We have been conditioned to seek answers from the places that the elites control. We are led around by the nose given just enough grain and theater to keep us from getting too upset. We are always in an endless loop of war with some enemy to unite us all. We are always divided (Republican/Democrat, Black/White, Pro-Life/Pro-Choice, Stand for the anthem/kneel for the anthem). They don't want us to like or talk to each other. Otherwise we would unite and go to each other for answers/solutions instead of them.

Imagine if the person you trusted the most in this world came to you and said they saw a Sasquatch. Would you call them gullible? Would you question their grey matter? If you did, you are merely doing what you have been programmed to do. Conditioned to laugh and make fun of anyone who disagrees with what you have been taught. We the people have the power not them.

Here is another thing to consider. What if there is another being on this planet who shares DNA with humans, does not need fire or clothing to survive, can travel anywhere on this planet, does not pay taxes, or swear an allegiance to any country? Don't you think those who control us would hate for that to come out? We wouldn't need them, would we? We have been fooled and tricked into forgetting why we are here, what we can really do, and who is really in charge. A Great Awakening is happening and many things are coming to light. Keep an open mind and don't let them turn us against each other.

Oh boy.....So there is an army of Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) out there that the Gov't is hiding from us? Got it.

Unless these things have all been signed up for high-quality Obamacare, sooner or later one of them is going to die.......

I will be waiting.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You're expecting me to believe that in 300 years not a single one has been treed by a pack of hounds? Come on. There's not a bear sized monkey living on the fringes of civilization.

That said, there is SOMETHING there. Nearly every culture around the world has legends about hairy wild men living in the forest.

Is it a genetic memory from a distant time when there actually were other hominids living alongside us or are they interdimensional beings of some sort? I don't know. There are many things in this reality we don't fully understand or comprehend.

Last edited by justin10mm; 10/13/23.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Some of y'all should study up on logical fallacies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So many seem quick to deny the existence of something they know little or nothing about.

It's not as if they claim for it to have been seen walking on water or rising from the dead.

They are just out there layin' low and doing the stuff that they do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you do shoot one and need to keep the tree huggers off your back, remember to shout out β€œit’s coming right for usβ€œ before you shoot.

I live in Southwest Montana about 13 miles from the Idaho state line. There is actually a Bigfoot book with the setting a few miles from my house. So prime Bigfoot country.

This is a true story. Two months ago my nephew and I hiked a few miles back into the wilderness area. No one else around. We spent a few hours in the middle of the night with my thermal scope looking around from a great vantage point. We saw zero Bigfoot.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by longarm
Surveyors, prospectors, timber cruisers, rockhounds, hunters of every type- cats, bears, elk, sheep, deer, mushrooms, birds, etc, fur trappers, thru-hikers, Rock scramblers and mountain climbers, botanists (ever read about some of the hikes that David Douglas went on? How about that poor bugger John Day?), desperados and the men that chased them, snowmobilers, ice climbers, etc etc etc. The list is nearly endless.

As dear and important to our Western psyches as true wilderness is, I believe ALL of the PNW has been walked on. Sure there are some small pockets that are less often visited.. and even less often than that talked about by the guys that regularly hunt them, but still..

Geno, More than 40 years ago I was getting out the old 1950s topos of our beloved High Sierras and looking specifically for small lakes that had no name and no trail associated. I'd spend a couple of weeks each summer building a x-country loop trail of my own to visit these places. If *I* was doing it... Well... I'm sure it wasn't the only fella that came up with the idea.

Because someone "walked" there at one point in time doesn't mean that Bigfoot doesn't exist. What if it was hiding from that person that walked there at one point in time or what if it was a mile away from where someone walked at one point in time?

Hunters have walked past way more than one smart old buck that was bedded a few feet away.

I really lean on the side of skeptical that they exist even with all the reported encounters but saying something doesn't exist because a human walked through it's habitat is not much of an argument.

For me, it was eye opening when I flew in a plane over the Rockies for the first time at 35,000 feet. We humans are mere spec's on this planet.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bigfoot, and the Loc Ness monster are next door neighbors.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
It’s the eyewitness reports. And unlike other things like UFOs so many of them are entirely unambiguous. These people absolutely certain in what the saw. When you have that many otherwise trustworthy and credible people who say they saw something and the reports are so consistent in details, I’m simply not arrogant enough to say that all of them are liars, idiots, or wrong.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Why would American natives call them skunk apes? There are no apes of any kind north of central America. What would they be comparing them to?

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffA
So many seem quick to deny the existence of something they know little or nothing about.

It's not as if they claim for it to have been seen walking on water or rising from the dead.

They are just out there layin' low and doing the stuff that they do.

LOL, I would suggest to you there is a very good reason we know little or nothing about them......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like to think that I keep an open mind, hence my question about bear skeletons. The bear population is relatively high, but few skeletons have been found. Also concerning cameras, why is it that, every time the cops are looking for a suspect, the video they show is so blurred that it would be impossible to recognize anyone. Finally, it was not that long ago that Diane Fosse discovered the latest version of the gorilla. Even though it was in Africa, it still existed for quite some time before being discovered. Is there a Bigfoot-don't know but I have smelled some awful weird smells out in the woods that were not identifiable.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
There was a purportedly legitimate sighting of a sasquatch in Tensed, Idaho, several years ago. A man was leaving the tavern late one night when he saw the female 'squatch crossing the road. Robert Miller said he would have gotten some pictures but his phone battery was dead. He expressed considerable disappointment in the phone, saying the same thing had happened when he had caught and released many trophy sized trout in the nearby Palouse River. Miller also told of shooting a new world record whitetail the previous year. He was unable to get a picture because the phone was, predictably, dead. He went to get his pickup to haul his trophy home. When he returned the buck was gone; presumably taken by a sasquatch. GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TimZ
Oh boy.....So there is an army of Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) out there that the Gov't is hiding from us? Got it.

Unless these things have all been signed up for high-quality Obamacare, sooner or later one of them is going to die.......

I will be waiting.

Hiding in plain sight. Ever been to Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, New Orleans?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Why would American natives call them skunk apes? There are no apes of any kind north of central America. What would they be comparing them to?

Those same Indians thought that buffalo came out of the ground as they didn't understand buffalo migration patterns.

Indians are never a good source for truth...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,815
Posts18,477,658
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.