Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Hello from West central MN,<P>I've been frequenting outdoorlife forums and huntamerica forums. Just found this one a couple days ago.<P>I hunt pheasants, grouse, and deer mostly. My guns are not fancy, but solid. I figure if I can't handle it roughly, or am afraid of getting it scratched, I don't need it.<P>Currently own 4 Remington 870s 2 12ga & 2 20ga, 1 Winchester 1200 12 ga, Mossberg M44 US .22 WWII trainer(deadly accurate), 2 Marlin M60 .22s. A S&W 22A .22 semi-auto handgun(I realize that might not be PC around here), but I like it anyway. A Remington 7600 in 270.<P>And I recently put money down on a Ruger M77 MKII in 260 with a Leupold Vari X II 2-7.<P>I'm in road construction, about to go on unemployment, so I can snowmobile and ice fish for the next three months.<P>Dave<p>[This message has been edited by dawhip (edited December 18, 2000).]

HR IC

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Name is Jim. Just moved to alaska a week ago. Grew up hunting in western PA for whitetails. Lived in Western KY for the last 4 years, did a little hunting there too. I'm a big believer in the 30-06 although most of the guys I know hunt 7mm in one shape or another. Don't know much about big game hunting, that's why I hang in these forums, and gun shops, and started having an occassional talk with the old guy running the gun sales at Fred Meyer's in Fairbanks. Just bought a M70 in 338 for anything I encounter here in the alaskan wilderness. Please excuse any ignorant questions, but better to learn here in my nice warm house than along some trail staring eye to eye with something that's furry, hungry, and deeply offended I didn't call before visiting. Got a lot to learn, always appreciative of any good info.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Just realized that nobody has posted to this since november. Oh well, learn as you go.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim-no problem. This thread might get hot again with the new influx of people. A lot of us Shooters Refugees arriving today! I think most will end up posting under the general BIG GAME section. Regards!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My name is Jay. I live in Eau Claire, WI. I have been hunting (birds, waterfowl, small game, deer and predators) for 24 years in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Recently have been on trips to North Dakota and Wyoming. Been reloading since 1979. I have gone through many firearms, buy, sell and trade, but currently my favorites are a Marlin 1895T 45-70, Weatherby Mark V Lightweight Synthetic rechambered to .280 Rem Ackley Improved 40 deg. and a Ruger Super Blackhawk 10 1/2" barrel. I have shot competitive stock pistol silhouette. I am currently considering a move to Homer, Alaska, a lifelong dream. I feel I had better do it now while I still have a few good years physically to enjoy it.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ray: Where you at exactly dude?<P>I live on a little private fishing lake in Irving TX off I-30 between Loop-12 and Beltline.<P>Give me a bump on the email or phone if you like. (grin)<P>withersont.com<BR>972 790-6476<P>Our "normal" board is crapped out so you guys have now been invafed by the shooters.com boys. Life here will never be the same!! (grin)<P>Cheers <P>Tex<BR>

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Welcome, fellows. I left shooters last fall, and been here since then. It has been a bit slow, with time to put my feet up to the campfire. [Linked Image] Glad to see so many of you guys have found us. I am convinced that this board has a great potential, so what we need now is for you to get your friends to visit. Rick responds whenever we need him, and that in itself is something! I bounce around, but will show up most often in the varmint hunting section. <P>While you are here, visit the magazine section and check out the article by Nicholas Robert Zockoll. He is my namesake and one of my "trophies", awarded to me by another trophy, my daughter Jill.<P>WELCOME, ALL!!!<BR><P>------------------<BR>----------------------------------------<BR><I><B>Critr</B></I><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A>

Critr
red Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
My name is Bill. I live about 50 miles outside Atlanta. I enjoy target shooting with high power rifle and I like to handload.<P>New2alaska, What part of western Pa are you from? I worked up there about 25 years ago close to Enon Valley and East Palestine Ohio.<P>red<p>[This message has been edited by red (edited January 26, 2001).]

The safest way to make laws respected is to make them respectable.

Bastiat
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Bill, the name's Jim. I was born, and most of my family lives in New Castle, about an hour north of Pittsburgh. I haven't lived in New Castle since I was in fourth grade. I go up there to visit family, during hunting season of course.

red Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
New2alaska,I know right where your talking about. My wife was raised in Ellwood City.<BR>I lived in Chippewa while I was up there working and I used to hunt ringnecks and grouse around Zelienople and Butler. My wifes family still owns a hunting camp out around Cooks Forest.<P>I was in Newcastle a few times and we used to go to this place that sold buffalo steaks and hamburgers.Good stuff!!!!!<P>Great place to live.<P>That's where I fell in love with blackpowder and flintlocks too!!!!!<P>red

The safest way to make laws respected is to make them respectable.

Bastiat
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hi there. My Inupiaq Eskimo name is Suluuq, which means to clean the snow your shoes. I was born and raised, and am now raising my own famaily, in Qiqiqtaugurq, better know as Kotzebue, Alaska. I carve ivory natice crafts for a living. Mostly mini-figurines and jewelry. I enjoy hunting, camping, hiking, but have yet to like fishing... just not my thing. I'm a new poster here, thanks to Waders. I think I'll stay a while, if no one minds any. ~~~Suluuq

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I discovered this board about the same time I found shooter.com. We are now abandoning it like rats on a sinking ship!<P>I have hunted, reloaded, and been involved in shooting since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I have several calibers of rifles and pistols and reload for all of them plus a few for my dad. I just got into casting bullets and am trying my hand at writing articles I think somebody may find interesting. (I may post one to do a market survey, or a torture test whichever...) (can't figure out how to put those smile faces in the message yet...) If it moves I would like to hunt it...just kidding! I mostly hunt squirrels, deer, ducks, geese, dove, quail, rabbit, prarie dogs (not really hunt...) ground hogs, crows, mice, ants...ohh wait ....not ants...ummm and other critters.<P>I live in Winston-Salem, NC (near Greensboro)and am currently looking for a different job. Well, enough about me, I'm probably boring you... see you around.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
B
B
Hello all, Born and raised in Washington St. Joined the military did that for about 10 years my last assignment brought me to Alaska and thats where I stayed. Been here 6 years and love it. I am new to the hunting boards. I shoot a Win M-70 SS, in 300 Win Mag, with the B.O.S.S. Got a selection of pistols 44, 357, 22. Just got my first TC Encore in 308 topped with a Leupold 4x (just put the scope on today) I grew up on shotguns did a lot of duck hunting as a kid. I haven't done much shotgunning in the past 10-12 years. Still got my old 410 single shot and a couple of 12 gauges (Ithaca featherweight pump and a browning A500). I am a reloading junky. I enjoy that as much as shooting (don't hardly have the time to shoot up all my reloads). My real passion is big game hunting. Hunted in WA and ID before coming to AK. SEE YA

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Howdy!<BR>Just moseyed over from another board and tho't I'd intro myself.<BR>Guess I'm from the same part of the country as Critr Gitr - Arizona. <BR>Noticing the pictures on some of the other forums, 'pears most of you are lots younger than me. Well, that's OK by my book - maybe us oldsters can impart a pearl every now and then.<BR>Call New Mexico my home state, but grew up all over the country (Dad was an oilfield worker), mostly West and South.<BR>After Uncle Sam got thru with me, worked for a living in Colo, Nebr, Ind, Okla and here in Az.<BR>Been reloading since my first centerfire in 1961, a customized Mexican Mauser in .300 Savage. Lost count of all the various calibers and guns since then, suffice to say a whole bunch!<BR>Try to hunt as often as the durn'd draw system out here lets me, mostly for deer, elk, antelope, javelina and turkey. Quit quail huntin' when I figured the ol' legs won't stand up to the beating in the rocks and steep hills just for a little bird! Been known to slip out of state once in a while on a guided hunt when the draw didn't produce here.<BR>Hope to meet you fellers here on the board - good huntin'.<P>------------------<BR>Keep off the Ridgeline!

Keep off the Ridgeline!
E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hello!<BR>Born and raised Here in Michigan.<BR>Grew up shooting NRA jr's and then gallery leagues,and chasing critters at every chance.Went in the corp's and discovered that I shot less,hunted less and got out.<BR>One thing led to another working on others firearms,and 3 years ago went full time at it,and joined forces with a buddy and well...now I'm saddled with lots of broken guns and a store to worry about,and a part time job at a nuke plant.<BR>Just when ya think the plate is full....<BR>I'm really just whining cuz I'm impatient to get back to South Africa,and must wait till next year.Anybody want to tag along?<BR>Been booking hunts for Gangenni safaris for about 8 years now,and we have 6 openings left for 2000,and 2001 is wide open for now.<BR>Cheers all!<BR>E4E<P>------------------<BR>

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hello All!<P>My name is Brian, and I'm a fellow refuge from Shooters. I've only been hunting for around 5 years now, wasted many good years before that.<P>I've been active-duty military for 17 years now, first 8 in the Army, now 9 years in the Coast Guard. Been stationed at Ft. Campbell Ky (the 101st Airborne!), Ft. Wainwright AK (Fairbanks). Then on to the Guard at Kodiak and now Sitka Alaska.<P>I'm a helicopter mechanic (Hueys, Blackhawks, Jolly Greens, Jayhawks), and fly as the guy how runs the hoist during SAR (Flight Mechanic).<P>35 years old, 3 kids (17, 14, and 3 years) one wife for 17 years, and one mutt dog.<P>------------------<BR>Brian<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bw_99835/" TARGET=_blank>The 416 Taylor WebPage!</A><p>[This message has been edited by BW (edited January 27, 2001).]

Brian

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Red, <BR>I know the that burger joint. From the back window, over the bison/buffalo field, and down the road aways, you can see some little league fields, I played a little ball there in my younger years. The coach took us for ice cream afterwards. We sat along the fence and watched the bison. You brought back some good memories just mentioning that place.<BR>thanks,<BR>jim

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I came over from Shooters as well to see what's up. I live in Saskatchewan Canada and have hunted for about 35 years. I have been reloading for about 30 years and hunt or shoot every chance I get. I don't post a lot but I enjoy reading everyones opinion and from time to time add my .02 cents......deadeye

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.
Some days you're the dog. Some days you're the hydrant.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well, howdy boys. I just got here for the very first time today, hearing about it from a post on 'Huntamerica' from some disgrutled posters at that forum. People from there, and 'Shooters' know me as Redneck. I'm a slef-employed gunsmith from Baldwin,WI., have been hunting, shooting and reloading for the better part of 40 years, and just can't seem to get enough of it yet. I hope to be able to continue to learn from others, and just maybe help out anybody else who may have some problem whereby my experience can pay off. Redneck

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hello,<BR>I am Brad. I thought that I would check out a new board. I am in the process of working up loads for my new 300 RUM. <BR>

Brad
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,825 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,985
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.