-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
M
Hi there;<BR>The name is Martin,also came over from Shooters.the wife and me live in Alberta in the foothills of the Rocky's.<BR>Some of the best hunting on the continent,I hunt to fill the freezer and the main interest is guns reloading and shooting.<BR>I like the bigger calibers mostly.<P>Regards Martin

GB1

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
hi guys i just found this place, i know some of ya from shooters.com. I live in south Missouri, I spent 22 years with the Missouri Dept. of Conservstion. I love deer hunting and black powder shooting. nice to be here...gutpile

B
B
Hi guys/gals just coming over from HA can't stand the bull over there anymore. I live in the deep south of Alberta 12 miles from the Montana border. I really enjoy talking to people about hunting and shooting . My rifles are 65-06, 280, 7MM STW and 300 win mag as well as a few non shooters like 38-55 Alberta diamond jubilee edition winchester and a RCMP centenial edition 38-55 winchester . I also enjoy reloading and skeet shooting. I am planning a Stone sheep ,Caribou, Moose hunt this fall in northern BC and have shot most big game except a nice mulie buck which i will get this year . I like this forum a lot and already feel right at home .<P>Beak

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
beak: Stick around Bud. This is like the new and improved H.A.<P>The moderator is more low key. Watchs but does not over react. So far this is a great place and its about to explode with posts. The B.G. board is rocking now. We are gonna work on building rifles and optics this week.<P>Keep checking in. Its gonna keep getting better.<P>Cheers<P>tex

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
J
jfk Offline
J
Hi,<P>My name is Joe. I hunt and fish in Michigan. Shoot and reload several calibers. Found this board through Huntamerica. Still like that board, but I left shooters a LONG time ago and haven't gone back. I work for Michigan State University (GO SPARTANS!) as an agricultural agent.<P>Joe

IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
[Linked Image] I live halfway between Lewiston, ID & Missoula, MT----------up in the mountains---I hunt year a round------we have Elk---Bear-- Cougar--Bobcat--Deer--Badgers---Possum--Coyotes--Turkeys-- Quail--in the spring we have ground squirrels---ducks---geese on the ponds along with trout, Bluegill & catfish. I only hunt on our own property.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I also head about this site from Huntamerica. Already saw some familar names.<P> You know the name. I live in Tucson. I'm winding down a teacher career.(Vocational Auto) Retirement on the horizon. Intend to hunt animals in YOUR state soon!<P> Reloading for centerfire rifles is one of my main passions. If I am not doing that I am shooting varmints, fishing, or big game hunting.<P>--Ross<P>

L
L
Greetings,<P>Just dumped Shooters.com and added this site to my favorites. My name is Mike and currently live in Marquette Michigan. My favorite rifle is my Rem. 788 in 6mm. <BR>My current firearms research projects include a new North American "Safari Rifle" and caliber, T/C Contender mid range deer caliber, and a rifle/caliber for my wife. I'll be posting questions periodically regarding these topics and will add my 2 cents when it's wanted.<P>Take care,<P>Mike

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I`m another one that tired of Shooters. I am from around the Flint Mi area, and hoping to retire in a couple of years to 8 hrs of shooting a day instead of making someone else rich. I`m a fan of the 708 although lately the 260 has been heading to the woods with me more and more. Yooper, nice area, if the wife didn`t want to stay close to the kids and grandbaby you`d have another troll crawling up from under the bridge:> )

I must confess, I was born at a very early age. --Groucho Marx

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when they deserve it. --Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hi, I'm another refugee from Shooters. I'm from Michigan and hunt a little and shoot a lot. My favorite rifles are a Ruger 1V in 6mm and a Model Seven in 7-08. I've been reloading for about 4 yrs, so I still have a lot to learn. This sure is a friendly place hangout.

IC B3

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Hello all, I see some familiar faces here.<BR>Anyways...I'm Celt.(Kelt)..or Jeff. I am a gunsmith specializing in precision rifles. I just left my position as head smith at Answer Products to start my own endevures. Shop should be up and running in June of this year.<BR>here is my web addy <A HREF="http://members.tripod.com/Hicksdesigns" TARGET=_blank>http://members.tripod.com/Hicksdesigns</A><P>Good to be here.<BR>..........Celt

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Celt: You are a welcome addition my friend. For those that don't know "Celt" he is a master craftsman!! Answer Products did the brake and pad on my 375 H&H, and now with celt gone I will direct future buisness his way. If you want a picky gunsmith who makes sure its done right, this is the man to build your next custom rifle.<P>Cheers<P>tex

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
A
A
Hello All,<BR>I had just discovered the shooters forums when all the trouble with the site started. I was reading all your post to learn about rebarreling old military rifles. I have been hunting and shooting all my life and just recently developed an interest in military Mauser rifles. I have fell in love the Swedish Mausers, got myself a C&R FFL and ordered my first Swede. I have been reloading for about 15 years and I currently load for .243, .270, .222, and will be for the 6.5 X 55. I found this site from the huntamerica site. I look forward to learning from all of you.<P>------------------<BR>Never forget your dreams and work hard to make them a reality.

Never forget your dreams and work hard to make them a reality.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi everyone,<P>I too am over from Shooters.gone. I'm just testing this thing out to see it I can make it work.<P>I shoot & reload for 4 calibers of rifles and 3 in handguns. Shotguns are beyond me and I deeply admire anyone who can reliably hit stuff with them.<P>Mostly I am a target/varmint shooter with a little big game thrown in. <P>I'll chime in from time to time, but I can't sling the BS like some of the folks immigrating to this campfire, so I will pull up a chair and yield back the balance of my time.<P>------------------<BR>Rick

Rick

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Hey guys,<P>I too have followed with my wife(toons) over from shooters.paininthebutt.com.<P>For those that don't know of me, I live in Houston, Texas. I started hunting in college and continued sparingly afterwards until a few years back. Now i have jumped in with all my might. I reload at the present time for the only big game cartridge I own, WBY 338-378 and have loaded for it over a year. <P>Now that my wife has jumped into the shooting sports and is really excited about the idea of shotgunning on clays (possibly real birds), I will start reloading shells as soon as she gets the gear...(hint, hint honey). As I also plan on getting into more handgun shooting too, I may get a progressive press in the future. But for now, I'm sticking with what I have and getting into the field as much as I can. -t.h.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi guys and gals. I am from northwestern PA (3 miles south of the lake,,,,, no, lake Erie silly). I see where some said when they started hunting,,,,,,, geeesh I have to think back that far? I guess I started hunting in 1963,,,, wow, long time ago. <P>I own and use 4 rifles - hopefully I have picked 4 that will kill anything I hunt. <P>Varmints: 22 CHeetah MK 1 - Stolle panda action (right bolt, left port), McMillan Hunter class stock - purple and white marble pattern, Jewel trigger set at 1lb, Kelby rings - no bases needed on the stolle panda action, Swarovski 6 to 24 X 50 Scope. My best kill on a woodchuck was in the summer of 1999 at 660 yards measured with Leica Geovids. <BR>My pet load - 44gr of 4064 pushing a 52gr berger bullet at 4280 FPS. <P>My deer carry rifle: 7mm mag, Rem 700 action, Schneider S/S barrel - 24" long, McMillan GP graphite stock, trigger set at 2 1/2lbs, Badger Ord rings and bases, Swarovski 2.5 to 10 X 42 Scope.<P>Long range deer rifle, used off a bench, out to 650 yards. 300 win mag, Rem 700 action, Schneider 5 1/2 contour S/S barrel - 27 1/2" long, muzzle brake, McMillan GP Graphite stock, trigger set at 2 1/2lbs, Badger Ord rings and bases, Schmidt & Bender 4 to 16 X 50 Police Marksman scope with mil dot reticle (34mm tube). I like 180gr ballistic tips at 3200 FPS. <P>Boomer (grin). 375 H&H Ackley Improved, Rem 700 action, Schneider 5 1/2 contour S/S barrel, muzzle brake, McMillan GP Graphite Stock, trigger set at 2 1/2lbs, Badger Ord rings and bases, Schmidt & Bender 1.5 to 6 X 42 scope. I like 270gr X-Bullets.<P>Hopefully this covers my small game and large game hunting. I own and use several O/U shotguns for upland bird hunting. <P>If there is anything better then hunting - God kept it for himself [Linked Image]<P>Nice meeting all of you, Don [Linked Image]

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove
W
WPA Offline
W
Hey, y'all. I'm from Alabama and just found this board. Don't do a lot of posting but I'll sure enjoy lurking around over here and see what I can pick up. Been reloading and shooting centerfire rifles for about 25 years now and there is always something else to learn. Gutpile, holler at me if you know any of the Mo. Conservation boys that work in the Engineering Section in Jeff City. I worked with the AL Dept. of Conservation for 16 years and got to know some of them real well.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Hi,my name is Tom.I am 43 yrs old.My family on both sides are from west virginia.I was born in PA and grew up and spent most of my life in upstate NY.I spent over 20 years working as a Heavy Equipment tech,mostly rebuilding powertrains.I used to have a Manufacturing license to make machineguns etc.(10 yrs ago)I had alot of fun with that.My interest now lies with leverguns,mostly Marlins.I also enjoy hunting,camping,snowmobiling.I have my Pilots license and am also instrument rated for single engine land airplanes.I own two horses so i like to ride them also.I'm interested also in older high perf cars.(my wifes says i have too many hobbies)My gun collection is up to about 4 dozen ranging from 22lr to 444 marlin with the most powerful being my 375HH mag.A guy can never have too many right??Only been hunting out of state once.That was a few yrs ago on a trip to Wyoming where i shot a elk and a antelope with my .243 ruger 77 rifle.Did i mention that i like to reload too.I am married with two sons,23 and 21 yrs old and both moved out and living on their own.I am an NRA life member.Have a great day everyone.~~~~tom <BR><p>[This message has been edited by levergunz (edited February 02, 2001).]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Hey, <BR>My name is John. I am a 22 year old college student and have lived in Baton Rouge, LA all my life. I have been hunting and fishing since I was 6. Usually hunt deer but find the time to duck a couple times every year. My main deer gun is a Remington 700 in .270. Next year I will be using a Model 7 .260 for the short range work. Being a broke student I can't afford all of the rifles and other things that I need. After I graduate my first few purchases will be a 300 WSM and a complete reloading setup. Oh yeah I am also engaged and am getting married next January. I have been following most of you on Shooters for a while and have learned much.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
If it were not for dead people and criminals, I'd be unemployed. Hello. My home is in one of the most Republican-leaning counties in Illinois. I earn a living writing for a major newspaper, covering crime and, several days a week, writing obituaries. As far as passions go, double guns always get my attention, so do Mausers and pre-'64 Winchesters. Ruger No.1s also hit the spot, especially the big bores. Handguns are limited to a Springfield 1911A1(tricked) and a Glock 27.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 48 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,260
Posts18,504,811
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.