-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
2.245" as mentioned prior,is far shorter than my beloved ASC AR mag's confines. Same as extrapolated to a 1-8" Teeker CTR and it's 2.600" OEM mag. The Teeker NEEDS to be 1-7",to connect all dots. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

1-7" HawkHill 223 SALAMI here and 88's expressly(.545 BC). AM 5rd steel defaults and 10rd MDT poly for Giggles. I want 2.550" there. Hint.

Howie Mini JO V2 BDL COAL. Hint.

It is plum AMAZING to me,how very little Manufacturers "know" or shoot. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
HR IC

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Sorry, fat finger typo 2.450"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BWilson

That's workable if throat is in the right spot with that 1-8" twist anyway.

Last edited by Higginez; 10/17/23.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Higginez

That's workable if throat is in the right spot with that 1-8" twist anyway.

My CTR kisses 75 ELDs at 2.453, but I feel that's an exceptionally short throat for a factory .223 chamber.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It is plum AMAZING to me,how very little Manufacturers "know" or shoot. Hint...............

Well Fetterman, why don’t you pony up and buy a gun company and make those guns like you want them and see if you can sell enough to stay in business for a year or two. Hint……..

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Marley7x57

Well Fetterman, why don’t you pony up and buy a gun company and make those guns like you want them and see if you can sell enough to stay in business for a year or two. Hint……..

Fucqtard, Inc.
"They aren't accurate but we lie good and BS a few. HINT"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Drooling57,

Keep filling out your Hurt Feeler Reports and sucking ass,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon wares that exist,as you drool aloud. Hint.

Ain't it a fhuqking HOOT,that a simplistic critique by me sways The Market,while you piss up ropes with your Bumbling Brokedicktitude and Pretend aloud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Big Stick, maybe some firearms company CEOs or owners don't shoot, but I'm on the range almost every day testing Lehigh Defense and Wilson Combat products. In addition I hog hunt around 300 days a year and during deer season (Oct-Feb) I deer hunt almost every day. My typical day is a 2 hour hunt in the morning, on the range on/off during the day and start hunting about 2 hours before dark then on into the night with thermal for hogs. Living on a 8600 acre Texas ranch with access to surrounding properties provides me with a 14,000 acre playground. From 2020-2022 I averaged 539 hog kills per year.

My good friend Jason Vanderbrink (CEO of CCI, Federal, Remington and Speer) is also an avid shooter and hunts all over the world.

I do have to admit though, I'm not into this whole long range hunting thing. I will turn 70 in a few weeks and I've been hunting since I was 10 years old. I've shot exactly 3 animals (2 deer and a Eland) at a range over 300 yards. In my "opinion" if you can't get closer than 300 yards for the shot you should work on your stalking skills! I would be that the average distance game is taken in the eastern half of the country is well under 200 yards. So, terminal bullet performance is much more important for most hunters than a high BC.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
blah blah blah blah.

Fetterman nonsense as usual. Fetterman, stop buying guns and ammo and find a good brain surgeon. Hell, Dr. Frankenstein's work would make a drastic improvement to your IQ.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do have to admit though, I'm not into this whole long range hunting thing. I will turn 70 in a few weeks and I've been hunting since I was 10 years old. I've shot exactly 3 animals (2 deer and a Eland) at a range over 300 yards. In my "opinion" if you can't get closer than 300 yards for the shot you should work on your stalking skills! I would be that the average distance game is taken in the eastern half of the country is well under 200 yards. So, terminal bullet performance is much more important for most hunters than a high BC.

I agree.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lehigh doesn't make anything worth a fhuqk and an Eephus Pitch,is the LAST thing of interest to me. Hint.

It is more than a touch telling,that you don't have a clue regarding twist rates and COAL,as applicable to your very own wares. Hint.

BC scares CLUELESS Blue Haired Cat Ladies,which is never not funnier than fhuqk. Distance is largely moot,because I actually shoot. I live in a 17,000,000 acre playground,with no fences or feeders and simply shoot it all and then some. Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lehigh doesn't make anything worth a fhuqk and an Eephus Pitch,is the LAST thing of interest to me. Hint.

It is more than a touch telling,that you don't have a clue regarding twist rates and COAL,as applicable to your very own wares. Hint.

BC scares CLUELESS Blue Haired Cat Ladies,which is never not funnier than fhuqk. Distance is largely moot,because I actually shoot. I live in a 17,000,000 acre playground,with no fences or feeders and simply shoot it all and then some. Pardon wares that exist. Hint...................

Yes,
and more importantly, you are humble,kind, and communicate in a clear and graceful manner.

We are so unworthy,but you know that already.

Last edited by ruraldoc; 10/18/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You may want to consider (3) Midol and 1000cc's of Vagisil,in your usual location(s),before you fill out your next Hurt Feelers Professional Victim Report...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Be sure to cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical" for you and I'll streamline same,just for you. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bill,

Did we have the “retired GI pig hunt” discussion?

Also, which thermal?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bill,

Melvin built NULAS in long action and magnum cartridges.

Will long and magnum actions be offered eventually?

Last edited by ruraldoc; 10/18/23.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Yes, the progression is like this

M20
M20S (both hinged floorplate and detachable AR mag versions)
M24
M28

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

M20
M24
M28

Thanks for the quick reply.

I had Melvin Build me a M24 in 30-06 with a stainless 2 contour 22 inch barrel. I foolishly sold it and would love another model 24. Might go with a 270 this time or a 280 if they are available.

Thanks for keeping a great rifle design available. I think the safety redesign is a great idea and I'm glad it includes a bolt lock. I did not buy a Barrett because they omitted the bolt lock. Nice touch on your part that shows you know something about hunting on the move in thick cover.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
RPM,Throat Geometry/COAL are THE heart of any/all rifles. Botch one or more and it's a Goat Fhuqk. Hint.

What is the COAL of the respective receivers? THAT is what will determine cartridge viability. Hint.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

M20
M24
M28
Bill why did you move away from the blind magazines Melvin used? And are left handed NULA’s going to return?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by LBP

M20
M24
M28
Bill why did you move away from the blind magazines Melvin used? And are left handed NULA’s going to return?

Our team all agreed that the guns would sell better with hinged bottom metal and personally I don't like a blind mag.. I'm not aware of a single direct customer request for a blind mag..

Once all the right hand guns are available I'm sure we will look at LH guns.

Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (2UP, 44mc, 264mag, 338rcm, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,619 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,965
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.