Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by irfubar
I would rather see a few more high bc 140 and 150 grain bullets in .270 that require an 8 twist, rather than 165's, 170 grain etc. At present all there is, is the 140 and 150 SuperBulldozers with .650 and .710 bc, then the 150 LRAB at less than .591.

The 270 is playing catch up in the long range game... maybe in time you will have your wish ? I see the 270 as more of a normal range hunting round... I like the 6mm's 6.5mm's and 7mm's for the long range stuff
I believe it will catch up because of the military's adoption of that bore size. Also, I do consider .277 as the perfect bore size for medium game. With really large or tough game you then use a .338.
What’s the 277 got on the 7mm when it comes to medium game?

Brother Always,
I know this question was not directed towards me... but I would like to answer... NOSTALGIA... I will be hunting tomorrow with a 1957 vintage M70 270 fwt and that brings me joy... wink

Off to IGNORE!

IGNORE... wtf....
Keep that schit up and you will be crossed off my pard list......
Besides you can't ignore me.... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uncle always referred to his 7x57 as his "7mm".

Most people I know that have a 7 Remington Magnum refer to it as a "7 Mag".

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
What 270 cartridges have less recoil , muzzle blast , and holds more rounds? I think you’re high or one stupid SOB, riflekghunt.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Another very little person trying to be big. Trying to copy Little Stick's terminology "riflekghunt"...but you can't even spell it the same. Obviously the .270 Winchester with 130's or 140's has less recoil, muzzle blast and the magazines hold more rounds than a 7mm Rem Magnum with 150's or above. You are so dumb with your obscure posts (such as the one above), that I should not have paid you the courtesy of answering your stupid question. And here's me, thinking next time I go fishing, I'll hire you to put bait on my line and jump into the water to un-hook my lures when they get snagged...but no, you've done yourself out of a job.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You CLUELESS Kchunts are a hoot! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your hearts for all the Pretend.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ammo boxes. Mail order nail polish.
A poor, yet expected, representation of what a 270 can do. 150 Berger HVLD at 425 yrds iirc.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
R-P, I put stick on ignore years ago. Best move I have ever made on the fire. Have a nice hunt.

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

'Stick, I can't count how many of those Model 70 mounting hole issues I've corrected..... crazy

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
R-P, I put stick on ignore years ago. Best move I have ever made on the fire. Have a nice hunt.

Same here, only see his garbage when others quote him. After all these years, it is the same garbage.

I know the OP's original question is directed towards BS. That is why I tried to stay out of this thread.

I am a big 270 fan, and have one set up to shoot 145gr ELD-X's. Shoots fantastic out to 800 yards. The bullet is a little soft on game though. It ruins a lot of meat.

I also have a 1:8 twist that shoots 155gr Barnes LRX very well and so far this year has accounted for 1 elk, and 1 antelope this fall. Deer starts Nov 1. will see how it works then. Typical Barnes performance with not a lot of meat loss.

I just got the 1:8 this summer and did not have a bunch of time to play around with a lot of different bullets, but will after the seasons are over.

Arcus Venator
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by CRS

Same here, only see his garbage when others quote him. After all these years, it is the same garbage.

I know the OP's original question is directed towards BS. That is why I tried to stay out of this thread.

I am a big 270 fan, and have one set up to shoot 145gr ELD-X's. Shoots fantastic out to 800 yards. The bullet is a little soft on game though. It ruins a lot of meat.

I also have a 1:8 twist that shoots 155gr Barnes LRX very well and so far this year has accounted for 1 elk, and 1 antelope this fall. Deer starts Nov 1. will see how it works then. Typical Barnes performance with not a lot of meat loss.

I just got the 1:8 this summer and did not have a bunch of time to play around with a lot of different bullets, but will after the seasons are over.

FYI, the OP’s original question was not directed towards BS.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Originally Posted by CRS

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but the title of the thread seems directed to Stick, no?

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Originally Posted by CRS

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but the title of the thread seems directed to Stick, no?
yes

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I lurked and scrolled this site for years. Finally joined so I could put that ignorant hillbilly buffoon on ignore and start enjoying the site BS free.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The gals try. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
^^^
Look!
A post with out ammo boxes or gun junk. The mail doesn’t come on Saturday I guess.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Imaginary Pretend Ignore,is funnier than fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another thing about BS, this is just his 24hr persona. It is all an act for this forum. Ignore is your answer.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CRS
Another thing about BS, this is just his 24hr persona. It is all an act for this forum. Ignore is your answer.

I definitely believe it is an act. I expect his friends and coworkers see a much more normal and reasonable individual than we do here

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by CRS

I definitely believe it is an act. I expect his friends and coworkers see a much more normal and reasonable individual than we do here

Opinions vary but surely he is less of a schithead in real life.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than Imaginary Pretend Ignore...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm not even half way through the Mail. Hint.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Big Stick
NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than Imaginary Pretend Ignore...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm not even half way through the Mail. Hint.

Dang! Christmas? 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.