Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Just pick a decent quality piece, the bullet doesn't care which pistol it comes out of. Shop around, the Glock is a good choice, but so is the Smith and Wesson M&P, and all the other ones.
I hear this a lot, i.e., that the M&P is the same in all respects as the Glock for a novice. Not true. A Glock is monkey simple to field strip and reassemble. With an M&P I've had weird things happen on reassembly that took some time to figure out how to fix, and then there's that goofy little lever inside the gun you have to mess with.

Nobody with a modicum of common sense fools with "that goofy little lever" when disassembling their M&P. It is not necessary to use that little lever and the gun can be separated as easily as a Glock or any other semi-auto pistol. Putting the M&P back together is no different than with any other striker-fired gun. Any struggles you had were self-induced. Your Glock Kool-Aid bias is strong.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I mean real Glocks, not AirSoft.

LMAO ! Beat me to it, TRH.

Slavek / Maser’s an Eggspurt on AirSoft “guns” and DIAPERS.

To the OP / ApolloF7 : Ignore any posts by Slavek. He’s a known dipschitt dumbass troll who’s real handle is Maser.
He’s been banned from this forum many MANY times.

Grandpops, I have never been banned from this forum.

REALLY? You sure you wanna go there ???

Here ya go, Troll boy:

Here’s the REAL Slavek / Maser

Maser/ Slavek actually tries to claim to be a preacher, or minister. https://jasoncardenas.org/

This is Maser / Slavek: His own photos)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is Maser / Slavek also. Jason Cardenas.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
🤣🤣🤣🤣...., I am not Hispanic and those are not pictures of me. Shot, I do not even have Photobucket account, because I can post pics directly from my device to site I post pics on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn... that is disturbing.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is not disturbing probably just some fat fúck boomer who does not like Hispanics.
One of the hardest guns to assemble was 3.5" 1911 with bull ramped barrel. Replacing those 24 lb springs was truly pain in the ăss.
I recommended Glock because it is easy to service and maintain. For example, Glock lanyard loop part #33769 cost $3.54.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
🤣🤣🤣🤣...., I am not Hispanic and those are not pictures of me. Shot, I do not even have Photobucket account, because I can post pics directly from my device to site I post pics on.

Really 🤪🤪🤪 😂😂😂

Lying and DENIAL has worked out so well for you in the past, hasn’t it, Jason Cardenas! 😂😂😂

I can go on for days listening all of your SockPuppets:
Maser, CopperSolid, RoyalNavy, RoyalMarine, Happy Camper, ElkSlayer91, ect ect ect. just to name a few

However, This would be a lot more fun if the Campfire’s Top SockPuppet Slayer would just weigh in :

3……….. 2………. 1……… Calling Renegade50 !!! 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/25/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ApolloF7
I’m sure this has been asked 1,000,000 times but here we go…

Im 18 years old, and I think it’s about time we get pistols for the house. One upstairs in my room, one downstairs in my parents room. Is 9mm the way to go? I reload for my .308 so I’m not too picky on caliber. Just want something that will shoot smooth and not jump up like crazy. I am not very familiar with the different offerings, I’ve only shot a few including a sig p365 and a Ruger lcf. I definitely prefer larger. Open to suggestions of any sort.

So far I’m thinking the generic g17
/19

Thanks in advance.
Yes.

You've indicated that your priorities are for shootability over carryability, so get a full sized grip, 4.25" barreled striker fired pistol aka the standard issue for most police forces across the country. Or a 5" barrel if you like. The standard issue cop type pistol - and now the standard military issue - combines shootability with ample capacity and a dirt simple manual of arms. Lots and lots and lots of people of all skill levels find them to hit the sweet spot for their needs at this point in the 21st Century.

There are a whole bunch of brands out there that will all work for your needs, just choose the one that floats your family's boat the most. Almost all of them offer one or more versions with the ability to add a flashlight or red dot sight if you want.

Definitely try to shoot a few different ones before buying. They all work the same but there are subtle differences between them in grip shape, where they put your trigger finger and so forth. One or two will most likely feel better than the others when you fire them. E.g., Glocks are great pistols but a S&W M&P feels better in my hand, with someone else it might be just the opposite.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Holmes, just give up, Mr. 👻 is not going to help you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Holmes, just give up, Mr. 👻 is not going to help you.

It’s always hilarious when your lame ass a responses finally reveal everything I said about you is TRUE. 😂😂😂

“Pour Soul. I guess the strain was more than he could bare”

[Linked Image from ]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Slavek, what happened to your old, fake, eastern European, way of using the English language?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am trying to improve.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
CZ 75. S/A and D/A. I keep one in the table next to my chair. Loaded mag, one in the chamber, hammer down. All I need to do is pick it up and pull the trigger. About as idiot proof as a pistol can get. 15 rounds of 9mm will get someone’s attention real fast.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I’m getting flash backs to when renegade thought I was a sock puppet. I don’t want to relive that 😅

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
CZ 75. S/A and D/A. I keep one in the table next to my chair. Loaded mag, one in the chamber, hammer down. All I need to do is pick it up and pull the trigger. About as idiot proof as a pistol can get. 15 rounds of 9mm will get someone’s attention real fast.

Yeah I think that might be the one. I’ll likely go to a range here soon and try both the CZ75 and a g17/19 depending on what fits the hand better.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Get a couple of S&W SD9VEs

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This was one of the first guns I used. I had trouble with comfortable trigger reach even at half-cock. This caused problems with DA trigger pulls. The CZ75 will work of hand fits the grip.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am trying to improve.

Try stepping off the roof of a tall building.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'll throw in another vote for a CZ75 variant and also say the P09/P07 series are worth a look.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a CZ 75 D in 40 S & W i highly recomend or a
S& W 5946 DAO in 9mm,both would work for your purposes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hillestadj
I am trying to improve.

Try stepping off the roof of a tall building.

LOL !

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (7887mm08, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 9 invisible), 1,558 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,328
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.