Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Don’t know why you keep asking. You obviously know why there’s a difference in temperatures of ejected brass because you called 🐃💩, and have rejected everyone’s ideas and theories so what is it oh Exalted and Omniscient One ?

I am not convinced with the theory held by some, not all here, that the pumps brass is ejected faster, so it is hotter. Because as I have stated many times I am shooting off a bench, it may be in the chamber longer than a bolt. Not sure how many times I can write this. I am on a bench, I am not ejecting a pump quickly like I would if I was standing.

GB1

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by 358WCF
[quote=Z

You gotta be smarter than the equipment you (try to) operate. Yip yip yip. Just like another chihuahua.

Ok it is the best software out there. But you can at least be honest and admit it is different than every other forum out there that i am aware of, by the way it embeds quotes? Can you be honest about that?

Most forums when you quote someone, it does not include the quote they quoted. You can be honest and admit that is what makes this site special?

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by TomM1
My 760 always ejects hotter than normal brass. Even if you let it sit in the chamber for a minute before ejecting. I have noticed that if the chamber has a light coat of oil, it’s worse. I try to keep the chamber dry on that gun.
I am working more on this theory.
Maybe because the bolt opens. People also discuss heavier loads opening the bolt more.
On a PA forum they were discussing the 760 being hot and brass size and how the brass chambers.. Some people suggest small base sizing dies for 760.

I think what is going on is more a function of the design of the rifle. Shooting off a bench like I am, tends to disprove the theory that bolt brass sits in the chamber longer and that is why it is cooler.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
5 pages?

My head hurt before finishing 2.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I will jump back in.

What does the fired brass from the pump look like??
Another quote.
I will quote my quote asking the question of what does the fired brass look like?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Zerk
[quote=Z

You gotta be smarter than the equipment you (try to) operate. Yip yip yip. Just like another chihuahua.

Ok it is the best software out there. But you can at least be honest and admit it is different than every other forum out there that i am aware of, by the way it embeds quotes? Can you be honest about that?

Most forums when you quote someone, it does not include the quote they quoted. You can be honest and admit that is what makes this site special?
Many of us would have no idea. We participate in this site.

We do not spend our lives trolling a myriad of sites, so that we can bitch and moan over a service provided for free.

If you don't like the way Rick runs the 'Fire, find a site you do like.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
[quote=Z

Many of us would have no idea. We participate in this site.

We do not spend our lives trolling a myriad of sites, so that we can bitch and moan over a service provided for free.

If you don't like the way Rick runs the 'Fire, find a site you do like.
I am not disagreeing it is a free site, don't like it leave. Which is what I did for years. Then when googling I came across a discussion 760s, but I repeat myself.

I am not sure I really believe, you think this software is typical.

But why do you think the brass is still hot, if I leave it in the chamber as longer or longer than a bolt, which is cold? I am waiting for your theory on this.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Typical, I have no idea. I have not visited any other discussion group, or Forum in about twenty years. Inexplicably, about the time I joined this one.

My theory is: You are as full of schitt as a Christmas Goose. Unless you can explain your variance from the Laws of Physics.

I already stated that when target shooting or hunting with the 760 in 30-06, I ejected the brass into my hand. It was not hot.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Typ

My theory is: You are as full of schitt as a Christmas Goose.

I already stated that when target shooting or hunting with the 760 in 30-06, I ejected the brass into my hand. It was not hot.
You said it hotter with a pump because it ejects so fast. Which is it?

But the whole reason I came here is to find out, if it is hot for other people, or is something wrong. Because I do not recall it being hot in the past. But I may simply not remember.

When hunting, you eject it into your hands, which would make a being ready for a second shot really slow. Even though only shooting once, I rack one to be ready. I find it odd a hunter would not. Also find it bad muscle memory, when hunting one should be racked and ready to go as soon as you pull the trigger. In my opinion.

I really don't know what I believe with you.

Last edited by Zerk; 10/26/23.
Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
[

The faster the cyclic action of your gun, the hotter the brass is when it exits the chamber.

Sitting in the chamber sucks heat from the brass. Brass from a bolt gun is cooler simply because the contact with the barrel has cooled it. Wait a second to cycle the action on your pump, and that brass will come out cool also.
But you said your brass is cold when shooting pump.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
[

The faster the cyclic action of your gun, the hotter the brass is when it exits the chamber.

Sitting in the chamber sucks heat from the brass. Brass from a bolt gun is cooler simply because the contact with the barrel has cooled it. Wait a second to cycle the action on your pump, and that brass will come out cool also.
But you said your brass is cold when shooting pump.
Duh, exactly!

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
My theory is: You are as full of schitt as a Christmas Goose.

You said it hotter with a pump because it ejects so fast. Which is it?

You CAN cycle the bolt fairly rapidly with a pump. You don't have to. I do not.

But the whole reason I came here is to find out, if it is hot for other people, or is something wrong. Because I do not recall it being hot in the past. But I may simply not remember.

When hunting, you eject it into your hands, which would make a being ready for a second shot really slow. Even though only shooting once, I rack one to be ready. I find it odd a hunter would not. Also find it bad muscle memory, when hunting one should be racked and ready to go as soon as you pull the trigger.
Why? Are you a poacher? Do you intend to kill a second deer?

Bad muscle memory? It is much worse to take your eyes off of the game to search the ground for that piece of brass you just tossed across the field. I really, really do not like to lose brass in the field.

In my opinion. I really don't know what I believe with you.

Yes, If standing, I dismount the rifle from my shoulder, place the but against my groin. Pull the forearm with my left hand and catch the brass with my right hand. If prone, the rifle remains on the ground and butt against my shoulder while I move my right hand into a position to catch and pocket the brass before reloading.

If you had ever killed any game, you would realize there is no need to worry over a second shot after properly hitting a deer with a 165 gr ballistic tip from a 30-06. They either collapse on the spot with a CNS hit. Or they grunt, hump up in the middle, and dash 40 to 50 yds before falling over. I have never put more than one bullet into a deer.

Here, I will give you a little lesson on how it is done. First you have to buy an extremely accurate rifle. One capable of sub MOA accuracy. Then you put a scope on it good enough to let you hit two inch targets at 300 yds. Mine was a Weaver V7 2.5-7x32. Next: zero the rifle dead on exactly at 300 yds.

Then, find yourself a place to shoot. Someplace where you can burn 400 rnds of ammo in a day, at ranges up to 300 yds. Someplace where you can target one of these little guys with every shot. NO benches. No rests. Field positions just like deer hunting. Note- photo stolen from Dick. I have none depicting our squirrels. apologies if necessary.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Repeat this 400 rnds per day shooting ground squirrels out to 300 yds, six to eight times each spring for several years. When you can easily target a ground squirrel at 300 yds, deer are no challenge. They are just a massive, easy target. You will never again worry about needing a second shot on a deer. Heck your pulse will not race, there will be no stress, or excitement. It is just another target. A damned big and easy one at that. And if he is 400, 450 yds, no big deal. You just look at the drop chart taped to the butt stock and hold over the appropriate amount. Assuming no issues with wind. We really do not have wind issues in this terrain during big game seasons. If the weather is that bad, we wait for a better day.

You will have to intimately learn the trajectory of your bullet. How far to hold under at 100 yds, 150 yds, 200 yds, 250 yds. Again, range card taped to the butt stock. You are allowed to cheat today with a laser range finder. They did not exist when we were learning to shoot. Carlos Hathcock had no turrets and neither did we. I still have no use for them. But have somehow manged to get five or six into my safe.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Has that brass cooled off enough you can look at it and get back with us telling us how it looks or better yet post a pic of the hot brass?

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Either I posted it, or the software here is to old to resize it for you, so I could not.

IMO even if the deer falls over from the first shot, you should always rack another in as soon as you pull the trigger. A rifle should be loaded and ready. But I don't have your ego.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
[

You CAN cycle the bolt fairly rapidly with a pump. You don't have to. I do not.

I have probably wrote that in 75% of my posts. I am not sure if you are not paying attention, dumb, or screwing with me.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Either I posted it, or the software here is to old to resize it for you, so I could not.

IMO even if the deer falls over from the first shot, you should always rack another in as soon as you pull the trigger. A rifle should be loaded and ready. But I don't have your ego.

Even when in the saddle scabbard?

This is filling the freezer, not combat, nor "Call of Duty".

EGO???? LOL!!!!

If you can not tell if your shot was true, even before the bullet impacts. You need a lot more practice. It is known as "calling your shot". Of course, to do so, your eyes must be open when the gun fires.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
I don't care if I see the animal fall over legs up, I am racking one in. I really didn't know there were people like you that would argue that.

What I don't like about bench shooting, it hinders that muscle memory.

I am starting to realize who you are, and the value of your input. Not about the racking one in, but in general. You contradict. Have not brough value to this conversation.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
You should try hunting with a single shot, or black powder.

Value....I apprised you of many facts the last couple days. My public service.

Did you learn anything?

How old is that son now? Perhaps he would like to buy a real firearm some day and learn to shoot? Too bad about those ownership and registration laws in Cali.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
You should try hunting with a single shot, or black powder.

Value....I apprised you of many facts the last couple days. My public service.

Did you learn anything?

How old is that son now? Perhaps he would like to buy a real firearm some day and learn to shoot? Too bad about those ownership and registration laws in Cali.
What are you talking about?????

Son ?? CA?????? WTF are you babbling about?

I do hunt black powder. What public facts have you shared with me? I constantly tell you what I am seeing, and you don't even read it. You does ramble on with dumb ______.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I see.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1OntarioJim, 160user, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 48 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,336
Posts18,526,767
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.