Page 6 of 37 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 36 37
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hookeye
I like my P365.
Yeah its not as small as others.

Double stack and accurate.
Consider it a minimum these days.

Standard model, the short grip frame actually works well for me.
Didnt know if it would, normally dont like em.
Maybe the width helped?

Have full size HK too. But summer is 365 time.

What do you mean when you say the short grip works for you?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bravo to the OP.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I'm heading to church this morning carrying my M&P 2.0 9mm loaded with 115gr Silvertips. I have a spare 17 round mag. I know "it" can happen here like it did in Maine.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DaveinWV
I'm heading to church this morning carrying my M&P 2.0 9mm loaded with 115gr Silvertips. I have a spare 17 round mag. I know "it" can happen here like it did in Maine.
They’ve probably improved them over the years but when I see 115 grain Silvertips I think FBI in Miami and 1986.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I am going through a debilitating round of Adhesive Capsulitis in my right shoulder. I can't use that arm to lift a handgun upward out of a belt holster, no matter the position. I can't reach across my body to access a handgun from a cross draw holster. All I can use is a front left pocket holster for a J Frame or a small semi auto.
Not ideal by any stretch, but it is what it is.

Sam......

IC B2

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Great Original Post. You did well.

I carry a Kershaw Blur in my right front pants pocket daily. I do not even consider it a weapon, it's my every day pocket knife. In my Left front pocket is a Gerber Pocket Clip Box Knife. Again not a weapon, I cut cardboard with it at work.

My everyday carry for the last few years has been a Glock 37.3 or 38.3. They replaced my G23.4 as my everyday carry which I still own. I recently installed a Holosun Chevron Sight on the G37.3. I had a couple new holsters made for the G37 with the Optical Sight installed. One an inside the waist band, the second an Askins Avenger style belt holster. I have been carrying it more than the G38.3 lately due to liking the optical sight. I really like the Holosun Sight. Normally I do not carry a spare magazine, which I probably should do daily. This changes on Sunday Morning. When in Church I do carry at a minimum a couple reloads. If wearing a vest/lite jacket I will carry a couple more magazines in the pockets. I do not expect trouble, but I was a Boy Scout, and believe in being prepared. I also shoot a Combat Match once a month with my carry handgun. Our Church Security Teem is just spooling up and getting organized officially. We plan to shoot once a month as a minimum to keep the Teem tuned up. I was in Law Enforcement for 20 years. I have a pretty good handle on response time. If I had a SERIOUS problem in the middle of the night, it would take at a minimum 30 minutes to get some one to my house, and very likely longer. If we had a problem at Church we might have some one respond in 10 to 15 minutes if the Deputy or Highway Patrol Officer was not on the other side of the County when they got the call. You are responsible for your own safety. If you do not carry every day, you will never be armed when you need to be.

Bob R

Last edited by Viper225; 10/29/23.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
My oldest daughter, when she was not yet an adult started packing a 9mm Shield (gen 1 version). This was due to some events, as well as the fact that the local LE were completely apathetic in their response to a specific incident.

She was already a trained revolver shooter,

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

so getting her tuned up on a semi auto was not too tough. I told her that she was to protect herself as necessary and I would handle the rest.

So pack a gun, practice with it, develop your skill sets and be able to protect those you love and care for. Nobody else is going to do it for you.

Much respect, to both you and your daughter.

Badass young lady you got there!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

What's the blue case ?

It's my wallet. Sold as "dive wallets" really they are just little waterproof plastic cases, they comes in various sizes. This one is just big enough for credit cards, driver's license and such. Been using them for years, and they work slick.

Appreciate the response, and agree with your thoughts on a fighting pistol. Also making sure our youth, especially the girls are taught how to properly handle weapons and carry whenever possible....it's a crazy world out there, and many time women are the first victims of crime.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Wrapids is a Liberal POS, none of this should surprise anyone. Liberals are only interested in themselves they have no interest in anyone else. Probably a good thing as they would just get in the way of real men taking care of business.

Here's one of his more colorful mentions.

Originally Posted by Wrapids
[bleep] trump, all that needs be said

You're right Mac, You should carry what you're good with not how well it goes with your outfit.

Besides the stupid comments he told Mackay that tells me everything I need to know about him. He's a mental midget.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thanks Mackay.

Ignore the idiots.

I've been to Wisconsin rapids. It's a dump.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
So for Mac or anyone else who can compare actual results in the field, do we go 9mm or 10mm Short.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Generally, in the last few years, my daily carry has been the Glock 26, which I think of as the service sized Glock in a small package. For me, it shoots pretty nearly like a 19 or 17, and holds 11 rounds with the flush mag. Conceals great under an untucked Polo Shirt, too.

Only on very rare occasions will I switch to either the Glock 42 in the same IWB holster (which, because of design and material, fits both perfectly) or a Sig P238 in a front pants pocket holster, and that's when even greater concealability (i.e., zero, or near zero, printing potential) is desired.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last month there was a thread in the handguns section called "Summer Carry".

It started out as the typical "what pocket gun do you carry in the hot weather" type thread.

I answered with the following post:

What gun is the minimum you are willing to get into a gunfight against one or possibly two armed bad guys with? Armed as in both have at minimum, handguns. Are you willing to get into that gunfight, which is a fight to the death, (them or you) with a Kahr that holds 7 rounds of .380?

For me, I know what my choices are. Each has to decide. Personally, I don't own any of the micro guns, that hold a very small amount of rounds, as I don't want to fall into the habit of grabbing what is comfortable, rather than what will actually get the job done. My only exception is a J Frame, and it is relegated to BUG role, and on exceedingly rare occasions a primary, but pretty much 99+% of the time I carry a gun I am willing to actually fight with and can turn in a good performance while using.

I posted again showing what I had chosen to carry that day, which was my Glock 22, .40 S&W a reload and a knife.

One of the more condescending members (Wrapids) stated:

"None of my friends in central Wisconsin feel a need to carry a gun."

Then followed up afterwards by telling one of our other members that since they carried a gun and ammo, with this post:

"Sounds like you should leave a war zone"

I posted a few days later that I was packing the following, showing this picture:

To which Wrapids replied:

"You oughtta leave a war zone."

Here is the thing.

I RARELY comment about much of the stuff that goes on and try to stay out of it for the most part.

That said. This condescending liberal attitude is exactly why we just ended up with 18 people dead and 13 more wounded. Over 30 people total, plus all their families. Kids, spouses, parents, all the people who cared for them.

NOBODY SHOT BACK.

When the fight started, nobody took the fight to the enemy. Nobody stood their ground and put rounds into the bad guy.

NOBODY.

So Wrapids, maybe you should feel the need to carry a gun, because NOBODY is coming to save you.

It is up to individuals to protect themselves. It is not the job of the government, or the nanny state. You are responsible for your own protection and those you care for who are unable to protect themselves.

You and NOBODY ELSE.

Your typical liberal won't fight his own fight, but he sure will call the police and have someone else do it. He is too scared to do the job himself, but not too scared to put someone else at risk. Pathetic.

Back on point,

You don't get to pick and choose when these things are going to happen or where. They are like a gift from a stranger. You have to unwrap it and deal with it, no matter what it is. Odds are that the situation will not be in your favor as the bad guy(s) will have planned it that way. So deal with it.

That is why you carry a gun you are willing to get into a fight with, and actually be prepared to fight.

Just one person with a gun and some skills could have made a difference and changed the outcome drastically.

Think about Eli Dickens.

The 22 year old young man who stopped what would have been a massacre in a shopping mall. He did so by carrying a gun daily and practicing. When the time came, he did not run, he took the fight to the enemy and stopped a massacre before really got going.

This is The Way.

Nothing but the absolute truth here.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Speaking of girls:

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Generally, in the last few years, my daily carry has been the Glock 26, which I think of as the service sized Glock in a small package. For me, it shoots pretty nearly like a 19 or 17, and holds 11 rounds with the flush mag.

Feel free to lie to yourself, just don't do it to everyone else.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i carry a little different its by season when its hot i carry a 9mm derringer and a folding knife because i wear shorts and a tank tops 4 - 5 months a year , rest of the time a SCCY piston in a 9 mm mostly ,sometimes my revolver in a 357 mag. but always have that derringer with too and a folding knife. stay safe and a great hunting season ,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by pete53
i carry a little different its by season when its hot i carry a 9mm derringer and a folding knife because i wear shorts and a tank tops 4 - 5 months a year , rest of the time a SCCY piston in a 9 mm mostly ,sometimes my revolver in a 357 mag. but always have that derringer with too and a folding knife. stay safe and a great hunting season ,Pete53

This would imply that you can't wear a full size handgun in shorts and a tank top?

That's your assertion?

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Deflave,
Interesting thoughts on he smaller guns statement.

I shoot my G29 better than my 20.

Arcus Venator
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
My 365xl is the smallest gun I would want to fight with.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CRS
Deflave,
Interesting thoughts on he smaller guns statement.

I shoot my G29 better than my 20.

No, you don't.

Page 6 of 37 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 14,569 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,177
Posts18,543,142
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.