Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I drew a 365xl out of my pocket and drilled my dog before I could tell Young Richard to cover his ears.

That was at 30 yards and moving out.....

Me and that dog was both surprised.

Shooting a little dog (especially your own as it is moving away from you) is in no way like being in a fight.
And what could posses a man to take a 30 yard shot on his own dog with a handgun? Was there an imminent threat?

Jimmy is not quite right in the head.

Speaking of heads

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by IA_fog
Some of us are color blind and struggle to see the dot period. Secondly to me a handgun is a close quarter gun or a gun to give some firepower cover( firing back)to allow me to get to my shotgun or ar

Don't get much more Iowa than that.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Mr. Sagebrush or Flave, do either of you have any experience with the G23?

Yes.

Great gun but I have determined the 19/23 size guns are pointless. The supposed benefit of concealability is mostly moot IMO.

And unless you have some tiny dick beaters, you're giving up contact surface and hindering reloads with that size gun.

Having said that, I do own a 19 and a 23, but I keep them around as spares mostly.
Pretty much the same here. I don’t conceal a 19 as well as I want and have replaced it with the shield plus. 17/47 for for everything else. Won’t get rid of my 19 but I did my 23.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been known to carry this Para 16 38 super when wearing shorts and a T-shirt. It's not pretty but it works. It has been ground on to narrow the grip frame and the safety has been ground down to fit an IWB holster better, no grips just grip tape. Flave is right on the short grip pistols being awkward to draw, I'm using Glock 20 mags in my G29. I should have just gotten the G20.

Last edited by stxhunter; 10/29/23.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha!

A lying liar.

Your kids come up with that one?
That bitch isn't man enough to father children.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by goalie
[quote=goalie][quote=deflave]Next up will be "I shoot better without an optic."

LOL

In their defense, people with schitty fundamentals can't even find the dot on the draw, so they probably do......

Some of us are color blind and struggle to see the dot period. Secondly to me a handgun is a close quarter gun or a gun to give some firepower cover( firing back)to allow me to get to my shotgun or ar

Let's run a few scenerios and maybe you can help me understand how this works in the real world.

You're in the food court of a mall when a bad guy starts shooting people at the far end. Do you advance under cover and put shots on target, or head to your vehicle to get your long gun. Do you always have a long gun in your vehicle, or do you have to drive home to get your AR?

In the Florida nightclub shooting, all the exits were chained except the entrance. The gunman stood in the entrance shooting everyone as they tried to escape. In this scenerio, how does your handgun "buy you time to get to your long gun"? Do you travel with your long gun? Have it in the rental, and how are you getting past through the only exit to get to it?

"Fighting to another gun", is mostly BS. The vast majority of gunfights are won or lost with what you have on your or within reach when it kicks off.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Next up will be "I shoot better without an optic."

LOL

There are guys here who will argue for carrying their semi-auto with an empty chamber for safety. One guy on the handguns forum once let it slip he only carried five rounds in his S&W M10 double action revolver because he wanted the hammer down on an empty chamber. Sad...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MOGC
There are guys here who will argue for carrying their semi-auto with an empty chamber for safety. One guy on the handguns forum once let it slip he only carried five rounds in his S&W M10 double action revolver because he wanted the hammer down on an empty chamber. Sad...
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
several years back I had a Glock 30 and a Kahr CW 45 . if I took my time concentrated on the trigger and took careful aim I would shoot tiger groups on paper with the Kahr. but if I picked up at speed off of table or going to draw for speed I would shoot the Glock much better.. Kahr left Glock got carried daily.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

LOL

Those types would be better off with pepper spray.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

LOL

Some people still think it's 1873.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 10/29/23.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
[quote=goalie][quote=deflave]Next up will be "I shoot better without an optic."

LOL

In their defense, people with schitty fundamentals can't even find the dot on the draw, so they probably do......

Let's run a few scenerios and maybe you can help me understand how this works in the real world.

You're in the food court of a mall when a bad guy starts shooting people at the far end. Do you advance under cover and put shots on target, or head to your vehicle to get your long gun. Do you always have a long gun in your vehicle, or do you have to drive home to get your AR?

In the Florida nightclub shooting, all the exits were chained except the entrance. The gunman stood in the entrance shooting everyone as they tried to escape. In this scenerio, how does your handgun "buy you time to get to your long gun"? Do you travel with your long gun? Have it in the rental, and how are you getting past through the only exit to get to it?

"Fighting to another gun", is mostly BS. The vast majority of gunfights are won or lost with what you have on your or within reach when it kicks off.

Good point. While you're dicking around trying to "fight your way to a long gun", people are being murdered.

And most bubba's don't secure their guns in their vehicle, either. Over 400,000 firearms are reported stolen from vehicles per year. I personally know three people that have had this happen to them. If you can't secure it, don't leave it there.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
several years back I had a Glock 30 and a Kahr CW 45 . if I took my time concentrated on the trigger and took careful aim I would shoot tiger groups on paper with the Kahr. but if I picked up at speed off of table or going to draw for speed I would shoot the Glock much better.. Kahr left Glock got carried daily.

Sounds like my brother, talks to me about what to get....then gets a Kimber SAO leave the hammer down on an empty chamber, with the safety on lol

I don't want a safety, don't want and empty chamber ,,,,,,,,, draw bang bang.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Sounds like my brother, talks to me about what to get....then gets a Kimber SAO leave the hammer down on an empty chamber, with the safety on lol

You will have a safety unless you have DA revolver.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

You will have a safety unless you have DA revolver.

My Sig's and Walther don't have safteys.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Kinda hard to leave the safety on with the hammer down on a 1911. Or am I missing something?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

Kinda hard to leave the safety on with the hammer down on a 1911. Or am I missing something?

Not sure TBH, that's what he told me from 5 states away....although I'd think you could have the safety on, with the hammer down in theory.

But again I don't know, and wouldn't own a SA for CCW

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
What's the Fire's opinion of the Sig P365?

Those are good guns but in keeping with what Mackay is trying to convey, you need to ask if you can really fight with it.

In all likelihood that answer is no.

The 365XMacros on the other hand are a real beast. Full grip frame, excellent capacity, slimmer profile than a standard double stack and an abbreviated slide. The shorter slide is especially useful if you appendix carry. the reduced sight radius is not much of a factor these days because most everyone is running a dot.

When you reduce the size of your grip frame you're reducing the amount of contact you have with any pistol. This makes you shoot it less effectively than you would a full size. Regardless of skill level.

They also induce all sorts of problems with your draw from concealment. Think trying to grab two fingers instead of somebody's forearm/wrist. The same applies to reloads. Small (short) grip frames suck.

I could be wrong but I don't think I'm overstepping when I say these are some of the points Mackay is making when he says a "gun I can fight with."

Thank You

I appreciate an informed reply.

It looks like the P365 has the same drawbacks as my EC9 and is fatter. I pocket carry, principally due to reaching limitations. It's lower and much easier for me to access, accordingly. GD I hate old age. The EC9 is in the right pocket and extra magazine in the left. The smaller grip frame doesn't lend itself to accuracy for sure, but in my present circumstance it is actually easier for me to grab. It has to do with some fingers not opening when I tell them. The thumb, index, and middle fingers are still online just fine, so the smaller frame isn't a factor for me.

The EC's black sights are a bitch to acquire fast, and they need some paint. What's your suggestion?

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I

How does not knowing the color of the dot stop you from seeing the dot?

I can’t pick the color out. You know the eye dr test with the circles and numbers in them? I can see the dots and the difference but can’t make the numbers out

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 15,329 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,182
Posts18,543,219
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.