Hop To
Page 14 of 37 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 36 37
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Hands up, who's ever fought a crackhead? Gunfight or otherwise. I'll check back tomorrow morning EST for an answer and an explanation as to how you subdued the threat.

I've asked this question before and it's gone unanswered. Curious to see what it generates on this thread.

I cannot say if it was crack, but plenty of meh heads, heroin, coke and a combo of other crap.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pro tip: if you're rationalizing why the gun you carry is "good enough" it probably isn't.

But it's still waaaaaaay better than a sharp stick.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by luv2safari
At 6' 2 1/2"

Meaning no disrespect, but you measure your height like a little kid does.

P

Some folks have to really worry about that extra half inch.

Kinda like a kid and their age. “I’m NOT two and a half, I’m almost THREE 😁”

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by goalie
Pro tip: if you're rationalizing why the gun you carry is "good enough" it probably isn't.

[Linked Image from galeri13.uludagsozluk.com]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by goalie

Pro tip: Your Pro tip concludes no gun is probably “good enough” if explained through rational.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hands up, who's ever fought a crackhead? Gunfight or otherwise. I'll check back tomorrow morning EST for an answer and an explanation as to how you subdued the threat.

I've asked this question before and it's gone unanswered. Curious to see what it generates on this thread.

Arrested hundreds of druggies in a previous career as a floorwalker during college for several years. Many of them fought for various reasons. Never had a gun only handcuffs. Back then though bouncing a methhead off the pavement a few times and chokeholds to subdue them was not a problem. Took a few guns and many knives, needles, etc off them during those arrests. Precamera phone era.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Handguns will be sufficient to ambush an AR wielding assailant. But for a genuine "gun" fight, you better have some type of carbine close at hand. Generally speaking, unless you're just *real* good with a handgun you're not going to be effective at 150 yards.

Any Joe Blow who has played around a bit at a shooting range will be able to pop you at 150 yards with an AR.

I disagree.

There are a numerous accounts of LE and citizens putting down dudes who were armed with long guns, using only their handguns.

Eli Dickens immediately comes to mind.

Last year, 2022.

The Greenwood Park Mall shooting.

It lasted less than one minute.

Three people killed, two more injured before Eli Dickens dropped the shooter.

The bad guy was armed with an AR 15 and a handgun.

When the shooting started, Dickens didn't run away, he actually advanced on the shooter and took the fight to him.

From a distance of 40 yards, Dickens fired 10 rounds and hit the killer 8 times. That ended a massacre before it got worse.

Another one from earlier this year in Las Vegas that the media did their best to keep quiet.

An "active shooting" began at a high rise condo began. The bad guy had an AR-15 and started shooting up the lobby. But before he got far, he was dropped like a sack.

Ends up an employee was armed with a handgun, saw what was taking place, and dumped him. Game over.

https://www.heritage.org/firearms/commentary/good-guy-gun-swept-under-rug-las-vegas-police

LVMP and the media kept it quiet.

But you can read about it at the link.

The point is that you CAN win with a handgun. Keep your cool, do your job. Just because someone has a long gun, does not mean that they suddenly have become impervious to bullets. They still react to bullets the same as anyone else. So keep your head, focus on what you need to do and get to work.

In 2014 an Austin cop shot and dropped an AK wielding gunman from approximately 100 yards with his handgun. He was also holding the reigns of two horses...

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/co...unman-at-100-yards-its-true-849b68c60583

Here is one from a few years back. Straight up phenomenal performance by a citizen who shot a killer who was shooting at an LEO. The bad guy had already murdered some folks and was shooting at a responding deputy. A citizen seeing this, retrieved a .357 magnum and from a distance of 165 yards, he shot and wounded the gunman, hitting him in the thigh.

The killer in this case was armed with a 30-30 rifle and was shooting at the responding officer and another resident. The fact is that with practice and calm nerves, you can do good work with a handgun. You can save lives, just like the 66 year old man, Vic Stacy.

https://ktxs.com/news/brownwood/police-officer-citizen-cleared-in-early-rv-park-shooting

Like I said, there are enough examples out there.

You absolutely can win with a handgun.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by frank500
I have a question….., how am I supposed to know if an establishment derives 51% of their income from alcohol sales? Call them and have them text me their books on a pdf? It’s as stupid as reading Arizona’s state trusty land regulations.
The business itself has to do the math and submit their numbers to the state.

Then they are required by law to post a State Approved sign on the entrance.

I believe it is called a 30-06 sign, or maybe their 30-07 sign.

If you cross that sign while carrying you have committed a felony.

Only State in the Union to impose such harsh penalties for carrying.

Last edited by steve4102; 10/30/23.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by frank500
I have a question….., how am I supposed to know if an establishment derives 51% of their income from alcohol sales? Call them and have them text me their books on a pdf? It’s as stupid as reading Arizona’s state trusty land regulations.

There will be a big sign out front that you can't miss.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I drew a 365xl out of my pocket and drilled my dog before I could tell Young Richard to cover his ears.

That was at 30 yards and moving out.....

Me and that dog was both surprised.

Shooting a little dog (especially your own as it is moving away from you) is in no way like being in a fight.
And what could posses a man to take a 30 yard shot on his own dog with a handgun? Was there an imminent threat?

Cheap whiskey.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 700LH
:Nobody shot back'
Exactly!

I said to the wife when the Maine incident happened, "they will want more gun control when what's needed is more people carrying guns."

Gun free zones by the way.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At 6' 2 1/2"

P

Oh for krisake...

189.23 CM then

wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been carrying a S&W SD40VE with 2 14-round loaded magazines for awhile. Light enough, compact enough, with a big enough punch.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
At 6' 2 1/2"

P

Oh for krisake...

189.23 CM then

wink

Round up to 6’3”

Round down to 189 CM.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
The thing about "Gun Free" Zones...

Consider this.

We all know they are target rich opportunities for killers, active shooters, or whatever label you want to put on the bad guy who seeks them out and chooses them as his place to commit his heinous acts.

You know he is not going to follow the law.

You have to make a choice as an individual.

You can either choose to frequent those establishments without the means to protect yourself and your loved ones.

You can choose to discreetly carry and go about your business and have the ability to protect your family if something bad happens.

or  
You can choose to not go into those places.

The choice is entirely yours, and only you can make it.

Having a handgun may allow you to save your family, yourself and possibly others, as well as lessen the damage caused by a person planning on going on a shooting rampage.

You deal with that in the immediacy.

Dealing with violating the law after having stopped a shooting rampage is a tomorrow problem. The prosecutor has to decide if he is going to pursue charges or not. The fact is you have to be alive to worry about such things.

I know what my choices are, and each person can make their own.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does terrorist that performs sepukku after the event pay attention to any type of signs? It would seem there are no safe places except police stations, gun stores,....?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Handguns will be sufficient to ambush an AR wielding assailant. But for a genuine "gun" fight, you better have some type of carbine close at hand. Generally speaking, unless you're just *real* good with a handgun you're not going to be effective at 150 yards.

Any Joe Blow who has played around a bit at a shooting range will be able to pop you at 150 yards with an AR.

Ambush is part of gun fighting.

Go pick blueberries.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

Go pick blueberries.

You mean like they did in old west, back alley from behind?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by deflave

Go pick blueberries.

You mean like they did in old west, back alley from behind?

You've broke character.

Again.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 14 of 37 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

458 members (17CalFan, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,827 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,388
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.