Page 15 of 37 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 36 37
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
The thing about "Gun Free" Zones...

Consider this.

We all know they are target rich opportunities for killers, active shooters, or whatever label you want to put on the bad guy who seeks them out and chooses them as his place to commit his heinous acts.

You know he is not going to follow the law.

You have to make a choice as an individual.

You can either choose to frequent those establishments without the means to protect yourself and your loved ones.

You can choose to discreetly carry and go about your business and have the ability to protect your family if something bad happens.

or  
You can choose to not go into those places.

The choice is entirely yours, and only you can make it.

Having a handgun may allow you to save your family, yourself and possibly others, as well as lessen the damage caused by a person planning on going on a shooting rampage.

You deal with that in the immediacy.

Dealing with violating the law after having stopped a shooting rampage is a tomorrow problem. The prosecutor has to decide if he is going to pursue charges or not. The fact is you have to be alive to worry about such things.

I know what my choices are, and each person can make their own.

my beliefs align with Mac i think If I am doing my job the only person who knows I am carrying is me, and the only time that's going to change is if the boogeyman shows up. IF i should have to use a gun while in a "gun free zone" SHOULD our DA file charges i will take my chances with a jury and an attorney who is skilled enough to play on the reptilian sections of the brains of those jury members

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Handguns will be sufficient to ambush an AR wielding assailant. But for a genuine "gun" fight, you better have some type of carbine close at hand. Generally speaking, unless you're just *real* good with a handgun you're not going to be effective at 150 yards.

Any Joe Blow who has played around a bit at a shooting range will be able to pop you at 150 yards with an AR.

Ambush is part of gun fighting.

Go pick blueberries.

You mean like they did in old west, back alley from behind?

Yes. That's how gunfights in the old west actually happened. I'm only aware of one instance of the "Meet me at noon on Mainstreet" actually occurring. That shooting was over a card game and a watch.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Handguns will be sufficient to ambush an AR wielding assailant. But for a genuine "gun" fight, you better have some type of carbine close at hand. Generally speaking, unless you're just *real* good with a handgun you're not going to be effective at 150 yards.

Any Joe Blow who has played around a bit at a shooting range will be able to pop you at 150 yards with an AR.

Go pick blueberries.

Yes. That's how gunfights in the old west actually happened. I'm only aware of one instance of the "Meet me at noon on Mainstreet" actually occurring. That shooting was over a card game and a watch.
Man you are old

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Go pick blueberries.

With a shotgun full of buckshot...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
A fighting sized handgun usually doesn't match well with prohibited carry locations.

Which is where having a BUG makes the most sense.

However it's a catch 22 because you're also more likely to need a fighting gun while in a gun free zone.

At the end of the day anything is better than nothing. More than that is a bonus.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by justin10mm
A fighting sized handgun usually doesn't match well with prohibited carry locations.

However it's a catch 22 because you're also more likely to need a fighting gun while in a gun free zone.

At the end of the day anything is better than nothing. More than that is a bonus.

This is is how every pea-shooter wants the conversation to wrap up.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
At 6' 2 1/2"

Meaning no disrespect, but you measure your height like a little kid does.

P

Oh for krisake...

189.23 CM then

wink
Pharmseller is a kunt drug dealer, brush it off.

Last edited by Skankhunt42; 10/30/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Go pick blueberries.

Damn right! If you can get behind the murderous cretin, shoot him one in the back of the head and another or two in the center of his spine. That'll do.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
At 6' 2 1/2"

P

Oh for krisake...

189.23 CM then

wink

I don’t sell cúnt drugs, you’re not paying attention.

You sure like to focus on me, though. Maybe you have a man crush.

I’m flattered, I guess, but it’s kind of creepy.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At 6' 2 1/2"

P

Oh for krisake...

189.23 CM then

wink

P

I bet both of you are shorter than 189.23CM. grin

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
At 6' 2 1/2"

P

Oh for krisake...

189.23 CM then

wink

P

I bet both of you are shorter than 189.23CM. grin

You got me by 6.35 CM.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

then you aren't trying hard enough

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll shoot my way out of any situation!

Now you're all jealous.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] smirk

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hi MS. I just moved about 35 miles SE of Wi Rapids. Rapids isn't to far from Steven's Point a college town. Maybe the libtard [bleep] rubbed off on him. I agree with you I usually carry a Sig P365 X or a Glock 30S. With extra mags,pepper spray usually Fox Labs or Sabre, an auto knife a reload and my phone. Lots of meth heads in Wisconsin. Code Blue cam on You Tube has lots of videos from LaCrosse WI. Another liberal cesspool.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I just saw that a dude with a rifle, pistol multiple mags for each and a IED's was found dead in a car up in Glenwood Springs Colorado. I guess he was in the parking lot of some adventure park.

Anyone else seeing anything?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by dodgefan
I just saw that a dude with a rifle, pistol multiple mags for each and a IED's was found dead in a car up in Glenwood Springs Colorado. I guess he was in the parking lot of some adventure park.

Anyone else seeing anything?

Took the family to that park last summer.

Reportedly security found him dead before the park opened. No indications of how long he was dead when they found him.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by guyandarifle

Pretty easy to figure out. Refuse to be a victim.. In this example, as well as what MacKay was talking about above. Make your decision. Are you going to allow yourself to be a victim?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

This is is how every pea-shooter wants the conversation to wrap up.

LOL

My pocket gun is a Glock 29 along with a reload but then I don't frequent areas where criminals have more rights than I do.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

I disagree.

There are a numerous accounts of LE and citizens putting down dudes who were armed with long guns, using only their handguns.

Eli Dickens immediately comes to mind.

Last year, 2022.

The Greenwood Park Mall shooting.

It lasted less than one minute.

Three people killed, two more injured before Eli Dickens dropped the shooter.

The bad guy was armed with an AR 15 and a handgun.

When the shooting started, Dickens didn't run away, he actually advanced on the shooter and took the fight to him.

From a distance of 40 yards, Dickens fired 10 rounds and hit the killer 8 times. That ended a massacre before it got worse.

Another one from earlier this year in Las Vegas that the media did their best to keep quiet.

An "active shooting" began at a high rise condo began. The bad guy had an AR-15 and started shooting up the lobby. But before he got far, he was dropped like a sack.

Ends up an employee was armed with a handgun, saw what was taking place, and dumped him. Game over.

https://www.heritage.org/firearms/commentary/good-guy-gun-swept-under-rug-las-vegas-police

LVMP and the media kept it quiet.

But you can read about it at the link.

The point is that you CAN win with a handgun. Keep your cool, do your job. Just because someone has a long gun, does not mean that they suddenly have become impervious to bullets. They still react to bullets the same as anyone else. So keep your head, focus on what you need to do and get to work.

In 2014 an Austin cop shot and dropped an AK wielding gunman from approximately 100 yards with his handgun. He was also holding the reigns of two horses...

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/co...unman-at-100-yards-its-true-849b68c60583

Here is one from a few years back. Straight up phenomenal performance by a citizen who shot a killer who was shooting at an LEO. The bad guy had already murdered some folks and was shooting at a responding deputy. A citizen seeing this, retrieved a .357 magnum and from a distance of 165 yards, he shot and wounded the gunman, hitting him in the thigh.

The killer in this case was armed with a 30-30 rifle and was shooting at the responding officer and another resident. The fact is that with practice and calm nerves, you can do good work with a handgun. You can save lives, just like the 66 year old man, Vic Stacy.

https://ktxs.com/news/brownwood/police-officer-citizen-cleared-in-early-rv-park-shooting

Like I said, there are enough examples out there.

You absolutely can win with a handgun.

I don't know why so many people think 100yds is impossible with a handgun. I shot IHMSA from the time it started in 1976 quit when I was about 30, I cleared the ram stands many times and I've seen people that could clear it way better than I.

It ain't that hard, just takes practice.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
This has been an interesting thread for me to read as I have recently been contemplating carrying for the first time in my life. I never thought I needed to, and honestly never wanted to, the responsibility that goes along with it is daunting. Earlier this month I came home in the daylight to catch someone trying to break into my house. I confronted him with no weapons, chased him for ~1/2 mile so I could give LEO a real time, accurate location of him. Thankfully they caught him ~2 hours later. He was a well known dirt bag, wanted in two states.

I have never been in a situation like this, every home invasion scenario I had thought of happened at night, while I was sleeping, and I have a loaded pistol on my nightstand. So, I have recently been thinking about carrying, but I know very little about it. I have a few questions that I was hoping some experienced members would answer for me.

I was thinking about the Sig 365 X-Macro, I have heard good things about it, I checked it out, it felt nicely in my hands, but I haven't shot it. I have two Glocks, a G20, G45, and a couple of .22 pistols now.

I was thinking red dot for sure, should I go with a light too?
I am on the short side @ 5'6", does anyone think the Sig would be too large for me to CC?
Do I need to buy some kind of CC insurance, if so is there a recommended source?
What CC holsters would be good for me to look at?
Anything else I should know, besides practice, practice, practice?

I appreciate any advice, recommendations, words of wisdom ya'll are willing to provide, thank you.

Page 15 of 37 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

736 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10ring1, 78 invisible), 3,021 guests, and 1,527 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,737
Posts18,475,993
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.