Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
The Veterans Disarmament Act passed the Senate and the House
-- both times WITHOUT A RECORDED VOTE. That is, the bill
passed by Unanimous Consent, and was then transmitted to the White House.

The Veterans Disarmament Act has passed with the help of the NRA! The NRA has totally failed us here ! If I was considering which PRO-Gun organization to join now, It would not be the NRA! Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox have let us down and they need to go! They have sold out to Chuck Schumer and we have let them do it!
The bill is being praised by the National Rifle Association and the Brady Campaign. What the bill does is to lock in -- statutorily -huge numbers of additional law-abiding Americans who will now be denied the right to own a firearm.

The efforts begun during the Clinton Presidency to disarm battle-scarred veterans -- promoted by the Brady Anti-Gun Campaign -- is illegal and morally reprehensible but Section 101(c)(1)(C) of this bill, HR 2640, would rubber-stamp those illegal actions. Over 140,000 law-abiding veterans would be statutorily barred from possessing firearms.

Organizations opposing this terrible legislation included The American Legion, Gun Owners of America and The Order of The Purple Heart!

If you are asked by new shooters if they should join the NRA, say "NO!!" Tell them to join the Gun Owners of America or any other Pro-Gun organization.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Naw now, it's all okay. Some prominent members here have said it is, so it's gotta be. You don't want mental defectives having guns do you? You know, mental defectives that spank their kids and shoot folks for their country. Just take another Prozac and watch some more TV and don't forget to vote for Hillary, Obama, Rudy, Fred or Huck...your choice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unanimous consent my @$$.
Someone with PTSD or who goes funny in combat can be perfectly functional and law-abiding in civilian life, which is certainly less stressful. I don't see any other civil liberties such as the First or the right to vote going down in flames here...I wonder if that's a violation of the 14th equal protection clause.
Unanimous consent. Shameful. Par for the course, too.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like on this and the one on the 1st Amendment's recent ransacking by Congress that few care. Those who don't jealously guard their rights will lose them.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bluedot72
If you are asked by new shooters if they should join the NRA, say "NO!!"
Tell them to join the Gun Owners of America or any other Pro-Gun organization.

Good advice, Bluedot72.

Tell 'em to vote for Ron Paul, too.

[Linked Image]

GOA ....

"The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington."
-Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

HON. RON PAUL OF TEXAS
BEFORE THE US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

June 13, 2007

Mr. Speaker, I rise in opposition to H.R. 2640, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Improvement Amendments Act, and I urge caution.

In my opinion, H.R. 2640 is a flagrantly unconstitutional expansion of restriction on the exercise of the right to bear arms protected under the Second Amendment.

H.R. 2640 also seriously undermines the privacy rights of all Americans--gun owners and non-gun owners alike--by creating and expanding massive federal government databases, including medical and other private records of every American.

H.R. 2640 illustrates how placing restrictions on the exercise of one right--in this case, the right to bear arms--inevitably leads to expanded restriction on other rights as well. In an effort to make the Brady background check on gun purchases more efficient, H.R. 2640 pressures states and mandates federal agencies to dump massive amounts of information about the private lives of all Americans into a central federal government database.

Among the information that must be submitted to the database are medical, psychological, and drug treatment records that have traditionally been considered protected from disclosure under the physician-patient relationship, as well as records related to misdemeanor domestic violence. While supporters of H.R. 2640 say that there are restrictions on the use of this personal information, such restrictions did not stop the well-publicized IRS and FBI files privacy abuses by both Democratic and Republican administrations. Neither have such restrictions prevented children from being barred from flights because their names appeared on the massive terrorist watch list. We should not trick ourselves into believing that we can pick and choose which part of the Bill of Rights we support.

I urge my colleagues to join me in opposing this bill.

Mr. Speaker, in addition, the NICS Improvement Amendments Act illustrates how laws creating new infringements on liberty often also impose large financial burdens on taxpayers. In just its first three years of operation, the bill authorizes new yearly spending of $375 million plus additional spending ''as may be necessary.'' This new spending is not offset by any decrease in other government spending.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thank you for posting that Walker. This is why the RP's of the world scare the snarf out of the Status Quo--including the NRA, who time to time supports the biggest bonehead plays.......

The path to bigger government is two pronged:
1. Offer a financial and physical safety net to everybody for every imaginable circumstance.

And...
2. Criminalize everybody else.

This is why we need somebody who will step outside of the status quo--and challenge it.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Don't confuse fear for pity.

I guess there is room on the planet for the "chicken-littles" though!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

This is why we need somebody who will step outside of the status quo--and challenge it.

Casey

Methinks we ALL need to step outside of the status quo and challenge it.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Casey

Methinks we ALL need to step outside of the status quo and challenge it.

Mike

And I'm doing my darndest to accomplish just that! grin

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by isaac
Don't confuse fear for pity.

I guess there is room on the planet for the "chicken-littles" though!

confused Lost me there........

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
In reference to your premise that the RP's in the world scare anybody. I mean...you've really gotta be kidding.

RP is an harmless non-entity and merely a side-show to the real world of politics. He has provided a fun diversion from the serious stuff though, I'll grant you that. You'll realize that truth soon enough. Sorry it will have to be by the 2 by 4 method though.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll say it every time someone wants to toot their horn. NRA= NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE!!!! Under the this new legislation there is a very real possibility that I, who have been a gun owner since I was 7 years old, may not be able to replace my guns it I ever become fit again.

Handgun Hunter no more. STILL LOVE THOSE .41's
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang Isaac,
Your atop your game this am smile
Merry Xmas to ya.

Listen with your ears.Or they will make you stupid.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
And the same to you and your lovely wife Jed.

William Arthur Ward

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by isaac
In reference to your premise that the RP's in the world scare anybody. I mean...you've really gotta be kidding.

RP is an harmless non-entity and merely a side-show to the real world of politics. He has provided a fun diversion from the serious stuff though, I'll grant you that. You'll realize that truth soon enough. Sorry it will have to be by the 2 by 4 method though.

Oh, I know what RP's chances are. But the chances of him influencing the debate increase every day he stays in the race. The fact that he continues to raise money is undoubtedly raising some eyebrows within the Status Quo--which candidate will attempt to co-opt his message?

Or even a small chance is still a chance. What happens if enough supporters convince him to run independent after the national convention ignores his message? I think that is where the biggest and most effective chance is.

Don't worry Isaac, my expectations are realistic--I won't be heartbroke when RP doesn't sweep the convention wink --just vindicated the Status Quo is alive and well...... grin

I'll let the rest of you political more-of-the-same pundits spend their time obssesing whether the various hopefuls have religious messages in the background or wear the correct tie that day........which continues to demonstrate there is so little difference between the "mainstream" candidates that the Status Quoists actually have to worry about things like that.

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
NRA = NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Sad, but true.

See more of Ron Paul's writings on gun control and the 2nd Amendment
here ---------> Ron Paul Library

He's been fighting to save our gun rights for many years.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Horse-hockey!

The NRA got Congress to mandate, for the first time, that people who got on the prohibited list by mistake could get off, and also the government is not allowed to charge "fees" to gradually make gun ownership illegal.

And 83,000 veterans, thanks to the NRA, now have a chance to get off the prohibited list (they were already on) and clear their records.

You are the one, Bluedot, who seems to want 83,000 veterans to be stabbed in the back, judging from your opposition to the NRA.

Even the Washington Post reported, "the powerful gun lobby won significant concessions from Democratic negotiators in weeks of painstaking talks. Individuals with minor infractions in their pasts could petition their states to have their names removed from the federal database, and about 83,000 military veterans, put into the system by the Department of Veterans Affairs in 2000 for alleged mental health reasons, would have a chance to clean their records. The federal government would be permanently barred from charging gun buyers or sellers a fee for their background checks. In addition, faulty records such as duplicative names or expunged convictions would have to be scrubbed from the database."

The NRA does all the heavy lifting for our side. GOA has about as much chance of getting legislation passed as Ron Paul has of becoming president.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (Anaconda, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,441 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,411
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.