Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Bill,

I have purchased three left handed NULA rifles in the last year.

I’m looking forward to your LH models.

Likes lefty rifles. Guntalk in web searches.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I think Mr Wilson has taken this feedback to heart especially about the Fieldcraft being a home run. More like a grand slam actually.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BWilson
Sorry since 1-8 is by far our best selling twist for AR bbls they will be 1-8 with .223 Wylde chambers. I'm not sure on mag box length, I'd have to ask one of our engineers.

The reason the 1:8 is a top seller is because people not in the know associate 5.56 as being a sloppy chamber where as the 223 Wylde is thought of as a match type chamber and it’s what you twisted your Wyldes. Your 5.56s are 1:7 and that’s where a bolt gun needs to be to take advantage of a larger box for seating long bullets.

Fast twist is king for everything despite the mentality of “Ive never needed more for hunting to 400 yards”.

I’ve bought a couple of your barrels in 6.8 for ARs and they are nothing short of amazing in the accuracy department.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Yes, the progression is like this

M20
M20S (both hinged floorplate and detachable AR mag versions)
M24
M28

Based on my Outkast CLR when that M28 comes out in 7PRC it will be one sweet shootin', 6 lb badass. And, I'm guessing with the bottom metal it'll hold three down.

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 1eyedmule

M20
M24
M28

Based on my Outkast CLR when that M28 comes out in 7PRC it will be one sweet shootin', 6 lb badass. And, I'm guessing with the bottom metal it'll hold three down.

Hopefully you get more than 3.34" in your mag-box. That's what the original 28 housed down below, had to go 32 to get a 3.7" box.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As I mentioned prior,it'd help folks who actually shoot,that COAL confines were cited in the relative receiver progression list. Hint.

It is plum AMAZING to me,how very little Manufacturers "know" or shoot. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yep, pretty amazing that we can even hit a target with the little knowledge that Manufacturers "know". smirk

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gun manufacturers know how to make good 30-30 and 30-06 and that fact has kept me afield and killing game since 1986. Really haven't been limited any

Last edited by moosemike; 10/31/23.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by horse1

M20
M24
M28

Hopefully you get more than 3.34" in your mag-box. That's what the original 28 housed down below, had to go 32 to get a 3.7" box.

Might be 3.34 or maybe 3.4 - can't tell without pulling her apart which I don't want to do 'cause she's all sighted in for hunting season. Plenty of room for factory stuff which is my main concern. Here it is with the Federal ELD X load which is 3.187" - interestingly a tenth of an inch shorter than the Hornady loads:

[Linked Image]

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

M20
M24
M28

Might be 3.34 or maybe 3.4 - can't tell without pulling her apart which I don't want to do 'cause she's all sighted in for hunting season. Plenty of room for factory stuff which is my main concern. Here it is with the Federal ELD X load which is 3.187" - interestingly a tenth of an inch shorter than the Hornady loads:

[Linked Image]

Is it a 1/10" or 10 thou shorter? Looks pretty tight at 3.187

Semper Fi
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

M20
M24
M28

[Linked Image]

What is that pictured rifle chambered for?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If someone likes a bit extra mag box OAL to play with, I think the 6.5 PRC would be the sweet spot for the M28. The 7 PRC wouldn't have much room to grow.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by beretzs

M20
M24
M28

[Linked Image]

So, the Hornady 180 ELD M load is 3.288. Which seems like a big difference to me too, but there it is. This morning I took a 180 ELD M and stuck it in an unfired case, snug fit, and left it long, markered the bullet, and then closed the bolt on it. Which is how you guys figure OAL to kiss the lands from what I've read? When I extracted the cartridge it was 3.3835. It was a smidge too long for the mag box so, must be a 3.34 mag box.

So, if you want to experiment with kissing lands in a SAAMI chamber and 180 ELDMs, you're going to want more OAL in your mag box. For me the goal was factory ammo and, the 180 ELD M factory load has given me a bunch of 1/2 - 3/8 inch 3-shot groups.

.05 inches of cushion in the box is pretty tight. But, I have been shooting groups out of the mag and so far the accuracy has been outstanding.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

M20
M24
M28

[Linked Image]

What is that pictured rifle chambered for?

7PRC

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

M20
M24
M28

[Linked Image]

So, the Hornady 180 ELD M load is 3.288. Which seems like a big difference to me too, but there it is. This morning I took a 180 ELD M and stuck it in an unfired case, snug fit, and left it long, markered the bullet, and then closed the bolt on it. Which is how you guys figure OAL to kiss the lands from what I've read? When I extracted the cartridge it was 3.3835. It was a smidge too long for the mag box so, must be a 3.34 mag box.

So, if you want to experiment with kissing lands in a SAAMI chamber and 180 ELDMs, you're going to want more OAL in your mag box. For me the goal was factory ammo and, the 180 ELD M factory load has given me a bunch of 1/2 - 3/8 inch 3-shot groups.

.05 inches of cushion in the box is pretty tight. But, I have been shooting groups out of the mag and so far the accuracy has been outstanding.

I think you met your goal. I wouldn't complain.

Semper Fi
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
If you’re a member at Gunbroker and know how to check the bidder list:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1014133848

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
If you’re a member at Gunbroker and know how to check the bidder list:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1014133848

And, that's one of the reasons he's successful. I'd still be thinking up nasty names for Mr. Stick! laugh

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

M20
M24
M28

[Linked Image]

With the way projectile development has gone, it'd be foolish to introduce a long-action that didn't house at least a 3.7" COAL. Wilson could skip the 24 and 28 altogether and just go straight to the 32 that already has the longer box. Given the option, almost everyone would gladly pay 4Oz for all the COAL in the belly they ever wanted or needed.

Last edited by horse1; 11/02/23.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's fairly "impressive",that they are going to the lengths requisite,to fhuqk such EASY schit up and yield Goat Fhuqks. Hint.

t is plum AMAZING to me,how very little Manufacturers "know" or shoot. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

313 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 43 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,428
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.