M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by deflave
No I meant this Glock. The slide looks blue. Maybe it's just the pic.

It's from a reflection from the blue box next to it. Notice that the thumb slot on the grip is blue also. It bounced off the camera/phone when it flashed.

Nope the slide is blue.

Typically guns used for sims are also blue and referred to as a "Blue Gun". The use of the blue color is to help prevent a real gun being used in Force on Force training.

Simunitions Training Guns

Personally I would never paint a real gun blue but as long as the gun never gets anywhere near F on F training it's probably not the end of the world.

Originally Posted by local_dirt
If you see somebody walk into your local Piggly Wiggly with an AR15 or AK, put one in their cranium immediately. Don't stand there and overthink it. They are not there to get a jar of pickles.

You will go to prison for shooting people who are exercising their Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as you should.

I am smart enough to not take my Smurf Glock into a training environment where sim guns may be present, so it is a total non issue.

Live guns of any type should not be present in a sim gun training area anyways, and if someone is not smart enough to recognize the difference between a real Glock and a Simunitions Glock, then they are really too stupid to be handling guns anyways. Of course there seems to be plenty of them around, and they get hired as the standards continue to be lowered.

None of this is my concern though, as I have done my time, and as I have stated previously I have zero desire to teach any manner of firearms training these days. I first started teaching gun stuff in 1994. I am completely done with it.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't own one. But I think a pistol chambered in .357 SIG would be a much above average fighting pistol. It pretty much duplicates the ballistics of the .357 Magnum in a short, fat, bottlenecked cartridge--so it has enough power and would be very flat shooting. Also, the bottle neck design would help insure that it fed reliably.

The slower propellants it uses would probably see it gain a substantial bit of velocity in 16" barreled carbines.

The Smith & Wesson FPC chambered in .357 SIG would be a good multi purpose carbine.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Hi Mackay, what iron sights do you have on your light blue pistol? They look like they would be a fine addition to an old glock that I have! Also I carry a P365 and a spare magazine, I know this does not qualify as a full sized pistol, I do shoot it reasonably well and practice with it several times a month. For the most part that qualifies as the smallest pistol I feel reasonably confident with.

I believe they are Dawson Precision sights.

As long as you can get fast and accurate hits with your P365, that is what matters. It is less about the delivery platform and more about your ability to perform with it.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
There seems to be a misconception that one must specifically have a high capacity, optically sighted, generally full sized duty pistol to be considered fully capable.

That is missing the point.

It is more about figuring out the balance point for you personally and what fits. What YOU perform very well with, and at what point in terms of pistol size and capacity do things start to degrade.

Hand size and body type are factors, as is familiarity with the various handguns. I know one person who has some issues with his hands that simply does much better shooting DA revolvers than he ever will with any type of auto, so a 4" K Frame .357 Mag is a very good choice for him. Plus he has been shooting DA revolvers for more than 50 years, so he operates them at a level of unconscious competence.

Today I am wearing a 9mm Glock 34, with iron sights. No red dot. Plus a spare mag. I have zero issue with switching between an RDO equipped gun and irons, as I have shot enough of both it does not seem to matter.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

So with 17+1 in the gun and a 24 rd spare, all carried comfortably in an IWB rig that works for any standard frame Glock 9mm/40, I feel fairly comfortable with my ability to perform under pressure with what I have on hand. Oh, and my "Giant" Mouse-Lite pocket knife for such chores as opening boxes.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
There seems to be a misconception that one must specifically have a high capacity, optically sighted, generally full sized duty pistol to be considered fully capable.

It is more about figuring out the balance point for you personally and what fits. What YOU perform very well with, and at what point in terms of pistol size and capacity do things start to degrade.

Hand size and body type are factors, as is familiarity with the various handguns. I know one person who has some issues with his hands that simply does much better shooting DA revolvers than he ever will with any type of auto, so a 4" K Frame .357 Mag is a very good choice for him. Plus he has been shooting DA revolvers for more than 50 years, so he operates them at a level of unconscious competence.

Today I am wearing a 9mm Glock 34, with iron sights. No red dot. Plus a spare mag. I have zero issue with switching between an RDO equipped gun and irons, as I have shot enough of both it does not seem to matter.

So with 17+1 in the gun and a 24 rd spare, all carried comfortably in an IWB rig that works for any standard frame Glock 9mm/40, I feel fairly comfortable with my ability to perform under pressure with what I have on hand. Oh, and my "Giant" Mouse-Lite pocket knife for such chores as opening boxes.

Click HERE for a Mr T Pity the Fool meme

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jpb

Good one! grin

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't own one. But I think a pistol chambered in .357 SIG would be a much above average fighting pistol. It pretty much duplicates the ballistics of the .357 Magnum in a short, fat, bottlenecked cartridge--so it has enough power and would be very flat shooting. Also, the bottle neck design would help insure that it fed reliably.

The slower propellants it uses would probably see it gain a substantial bit of velocity in 16" barreled carbines.

The Smith & Wesson FPC chambered in .357 SIG would be a good multi purpose carbine.

I like mine...

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I put together a long slide 357 Sig upper for my Glock 22. It's a great shooter.

The Underwood 65gr XD make 2250 fps from the 6" KKM barrel. PPU 140gr FMJ=FP make 1430 fps.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I put together a long slide 357 Sig upper for my Glock 22. It's a great shooter.

The Underwood 65gr XD make 2250 fps from the 6" KKM barrel. PPU 140gr FMJ=FP make 1430 fps.

That's very slick.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

another great thing about the 357 Sig that is often overlooked they feed flawlessly in my experience one of the bigger reasons is you're shoving a 9 mm bullet into a 40 caliber hole to start with and once it started in the chamber it's easy peasy..
though most good quality handguns today feed reliably no matter the case. but a little extra assurance and room never hurts.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

That's very slick.

I picked up the stripped slide on EBay, then got the sights and slide parts kit from Midway, and the barrel from KKM.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've always thought that a compact, autoloading carbine in .357 Magnum would be a good tool. But feeding rimmed cartridges through an auto loading action is undoubtedly a good trick. But it wouldn't be any trick at all to produce an autoloading carbine chambered for .357 SIG.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have Dawson on my Glock 17. I like the fiber front and black rear. I'm not a fan of dots on rear sights.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jpb

LOL,

Thats funny dude.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by JakeM78
I have Dawson on my Glock 17. I like the fiber front and black rear. I'm not a fan of dots on rear sights.

Yep, I run a few fiber optic fronts with plain black rear sights. Makes for an uncluttered and fast picture.

The G34 I am wearing right now is like that.

Can't get both the front and rear in focus, but it is simply a green front F.O. sight and black rear.

The G34 is an extremely easy gun to shoot well with. Much like Montana Marine's Glock shown above, guns with that longer sight radius are very easy to shoot when using iron sights.

When I was doing some protection work stateside I ended up using a G34 purely for that reason. I was using iron sights and I told the guys who worked for me that when/if we needed to shoot, it would most likely be in an environment where there would be a numerous other innocent people around, so we all need to shoot extremely precisely. The point was not to shoot a lot, but to shoot well. Bearing that in mind, we did a bunch of drills that focused on precise application of our shots in less than ideal circumstances. Plus lots of "dot" drills. Pure precision work. If possible, taking a 1/2 or 3/4 second longer and getting a very solid sight picture and getting a good CNS hit and stopping crisis before it turned into a bunch of bullets flying everywhere was a goal. There of course is a balance between speed and precision, but a lot of time spent on precise shooting never really hurts.

One individual I used to run around with years ago was a big name in the competition shooting world. He won a bunch of national titles and other awards. He put it in perspective, when he said that you needed to be precise, but go faster and faster until you screw up, then find where your "No miss pace" is. Once you establish your no miss pace, keep pushing and working to get better from there. But when you really need to perform, stay just within the bounds of your no miss pace.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
34's rule.

They're even more amazinger with a Glock Performance Trigger:

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What's a 34 now?

I thought 17's were the one to get?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Long slide??

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 11/02/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I think that's right.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I have been thinking about a 9mm for a while.

I have an XD 45....so I was thinking about getting a nine.

All the cops around here carry M&P 9's.

I suppose a 17 or 34would be the most recommended on the 'Fire.

I am MAGA.
Page 21 of 37 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 21, 67 invisible), 15,985 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,182
Posts18,543,242
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.