Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Roddy1993
we simply cannot rid the world of dangerous things and we certainly should not impose our will on others. when there is a large enough consensus it may get voted in, that act does not make it right. when there are two large enough groups that disagree then we have war. if argument is all that exists among a topic then argue you must. still doesn't mean either side is right. I myself do not have a dog in this debate hahahaha get it, DOG in this fight!!!! I amaze myself every day. carry on Karens and Boomers
Pretty well said.

I’m not sure how you would ban them anyhow. All a breeder would have to do is outcross to something similar and then it would be a mutt or a new designer dog rather than a pit.

You could ban everything that looked similar to a pit, English Bulldogs included but then breed for a similar temperament in something that looked completely different, an aggressive traditional working Doberman for instance. As long as there are large powerful dogs someone can and will easily figure out how to breed for whatever temperament and other traits that they want regardless of if it looked like a pit.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by viking
Originally Posted by bugs4
Just remember, when you advocate "outlawing" pit bulls, there are people saying the same thing about AR15's

You can leave an AR in a corner and it won’t hurt ya. It takes someone behind the trigger. A pit, not so much.

That much is obvious to anyone with half a brain, it still does not negate the fact that there are people saying the same thing about AR15's.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
A 63 year old woman, feeding her own pit bulls. Her leg was amputated. Liebe Gott!
They belong to her son...who lives with her. About the same thing.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
we simply cannot rid the world of dangerous things and we certainly should not impose our will on others. when there is a large enough consensus it may get voted in, that act does not make it right. when there are two large enough groups that disagree then we have war. if argument is all that exists among a topic then argue you must. still doesn't mean either side is right. I myself do not have a dog in this debate hahahaha get it, DOG in this fight!!!! I amaze myself every day. carry on Karens and Boomers
Pretty well said.

I’m not sure how you would ban them anyhow. All a breeder would have to do is outcross to something similar and then it would be a mutt or a new designer dog rather than a pit.

You could ban everything that looked similar to a pit English Bulldogs included but then breed for a similar temperament in something that looked completely different, an aggressive traditional working Doberman ect.
You are right, a ban would not work. The best thing is how we do it here. Make it unlawful for a dog to run at large.

Most people have no idea how many calls come in to the sheriff about dogs. When I was at the dispatch center writing reports I just told the complainers to catch him and deliver him to the pound and if he tried to bite kill him. The sheriff's personnel liked to turn animal complaints over to me such as bad dogs and starving horses.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just remember, when you advocate "outlawing" pit bulls, there are people saying the same thing about AR15's

This is one of the most retarded things I have read here in awhile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Involuntary manslaughter charge from this attack Tuesday afternoon.

https://www.live5news.com/2023/11/02/two-charged-berkeley-county-dog-attack-that-left-1-dead/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Pretty well said.

You could ban everything that looked similar to a pit English Bulldogs included but then breed for a similar temperament in something that looked completely different, an aggressive traditional working Doberman ect.
You are right, a ban would not work. The best thing is how we do it here. Make it unlawful for a dog to run at large.

Most people have no idea how many calls come in to the sheriff about dogs. When I was at the dispatch center writing reports I just told the complainers to catch him and deliver him to the pound and if he tried to bite kill him. The sheriff's personnel liked to turn animal complaints over to me such as bad dogs and starving horses.
Spot on.

It comes down to individual freedom and personal responsibility. Nothing short of banning every dog over 25 pounds or so would keep kids safe and not entirely then. If someone’s dog is running wild deal with the individual dog and owner.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by irfubar

I don't know why everyone is getting at Bugs, he didn't say pitbulls and AR's were the same, but there are a lot of people wanting to ban AR's because they perceive them as to dangerous to own.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by irfubar

I don't know why everyone is getting at Bugs, he didn't say pitbulls and AR's were the same, but there are a lot of people wanting to ban AR's because they perceive them as to dangerous to own.

Now that I have re-read it, you may be correct... lets hear from Bug's

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I guess I'll shoot all the pit bulls with an AR.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Winchester21
I guess I'll shoot all the pit bulls with an AR.

hell ya

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by viking

You can leave an AR in a corner and it won’t hurt ya. It takes someone behind the trigger. A pit, not so much.

That much is obvious to anyone with half a brain, it still does not negate the fact that there are people saying the same thing about AR15's.

And people claim you shouldn’t drive with a bac of .25
Or beat your wife

If you want to be retarded it’s not hard to poke holes in that bullshît.

Make owners liable up to and including the death penalty if a dog they own or are responsible for incur damage.

Maligators are super trendy now. Soon the same folks that think it’s super cool to breed or own a pit are going to destroy that breed as well.

Same is happening with the large guardian breeds.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dog ownership not protected by the Constitution

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Have had run ins with all kinds of dogs .
Labs , German Shepards , Dobermans , Rottweilers , Beagles, shar pies , Pitts , Akita’s , Timber Shepards ,
Even collies , some just get a nasty attitude
I don’t hate any breed , awareness goes a long ways .
In the instance of the ole lady, shiet like that is a head scratcher
Bunch of pussy ass MFers wanting to kill them all is B.S.
Kenneth

But just for the record , if you encounter a really aggressive dog , then by all means shoot it
Neighbors are a bunch of dumbasses
Got a bunch of mixed pitts inbred to the hilt .
Mostly scared off easily if they encounter an adult
One day while burning brush they came barreling into the yard snarling at dead run toward grand kids
Caught me with my pants down , no gun
But me and Brother in law was able to get between them and kids
They started disappearing after that
Ass wipes just kept letting them breed though , dog warden even gave them twenty for food
I thought , WTF ?
Finally a couple gal wardens took over and right now they have all but four of them
But they keep comming back , determined to catch them
Owner is incarcerated for non support
Figures huh ?

Last edited by Kenneth66; 11/02/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Dog ownership not protected by the Constitution
These threads never fail to go on for pages.

Our Founders didn’t have the time or ink to spell out every possible Constitutional right in words. “Dog ownership not protected by the Constitution.”

Do you believe that the government has the right to ban dog ownership or to pick and choose which breed we can own?

Our country was based on individual rights and freedoms. Punish the individual rather than attempting to enforce unenforceable laws that strip freedom from everyone.

Bulldogs, and dogs breed solely for bullbaiting, and dog fighting were around at the founding of this country. I’m not sure how you could argue that our Founders believed that they should be banned.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
In many cases, man has proven is inability to manage his dominion over animals. This perennial problem is a great example.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
In many cases, man has proven is inability to manage his dominion over animals. This perennial problem is a great example.

The willingness to cull the bad ones is lost.

Only about a quarter to maybe a third of dogs and horses should be allowed to reach maturity.....let alone breed.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

The willingness to cull the bad ones is lost.

Only about a quarter to maybe a third of dogs and horses should be allowed to reach maturity.....let alone breed.

Goes for a lot of people too; the breeding part anyway.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

what generation before me have created from what they were given just sickens me.

Thank The Lord for imr4064!
-I don't always run a hoe; but when I do I hit the pipe
Bergara sidekick .223 wylde
Bergara B14 ridge 6.5 creedmoor
Ruger 57
Dead air Sandman L
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope she sues her son, but she doesn’t have a leg to stand on. 🫣

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,421
Posts18,507,425
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.