Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 37 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Last month there was a thread in the handguns section called "Summer Carry".

It started out as the typical "what pocket gun do you carry in the hot weather" type thread.

I answered with the following post:

What gun is the minimum you are willing to get into a gunfight against one or possibly two armed bad guys with? Armed as in both have at minimum, handguns. Are you willing to get into that gunfight, which is a fight to the death, (them or you) with a Kahr that holds 7 rounds of .380?

For me, I know what my choices are. Each has to decide. Personally, I don't own any of the micro guns, that hold a very small amount of rounds, as I don't want to fall into the habit of grabbing what is comfortable, rather than what will actually get the job done. My only exception is a J Frame, and it is relegated to BUG role, and on exceedingly rare occasions a primary, but pretty much 99+% of the time I carry a gun I am willing to actually fight with and can turn in a good performance while using.

I posted again showing what I had chosen to carry that day, which was my Glock 22, .40 S&W a reload and a knife.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One of the more condescending members (Wrapids) stated:

"None of my friends in central Wisconsin feel a need to carry a gun."

Then followed up afterwards by telling one of our other members that since they carried a gun and ammo, with this post:

"Sounds like you should leave a war zone"

I posted a few days later that I was packing the following, showing this picture:

To which Wrapids replied:

"You oughtta leave a war zone."

Here is the thing.

I RARELY comment about much of the stuff that goes on and try to stay out of it for the most part.

That said. This condescending liberal attitude is exactly why we just ended up with 18 people dead and 13 more wounded. Over 30 people total, plus all their families. Kids, spouses, parents, all the people who cared for them.

NOBODY SHOT BACK.

When the fight started, nobody took the fight to the enemy. Nobody stood their ground and put rounds into the bad guy.

NOBODY.

So Wrapids, maybe you should feel the need to carry a gun, because NOBODY is coming to save you.

It is up to individuals to protect themselves. It is not the job of the government, or the nanny state. You are responsible for your own protection and those you care for who are unable to protect themselves.

You and NOBODY ELSE.

Your typical liberal won't fight his own fight, but he sure will call the police and have someone else do it. He is too scared to do the job himself, but not too scared to put someone else at risk. Pathetic.

Back on point,

You don't get to pick and choose when these things are going to happen or where. They are like a gift from a stranger. You have to unwrap it and deal with it, no matter what it is. Odds are that the situation will not be in your favor as the bad guy(s) will have planned it that way. So deal with it.

That is why you carry a gun you are willing to get into a fight with, and actually be prepared to fight.

Just one person with a gun and some skills could have made a difference and changed the outcome drastically.

Think about Eli Dickens.

The 22 year old young man who stopped what would have been a massacre in a shopping mall. He did so by carrying a gun daily and practicing. When the time came, he did not run, he took the fight to the enemy and stopped a massacre before really got going.

This is The Way.

Agree with all. My EDC is a G43X with Shield 15-rounders. And a Benchmade folder lives clipped to my pocket at all times, either a Bugout or a heavier model, which name escapes me.

The 43x w/Shields is an amazing package, BUT you do need to swap out the mag release for one of theirs. Once I did that I ran 10 full mags through each (300 rounds total) with zero failures.

JellO,
All you need to beconcerned about is having the front sight removed from your handgun..... so when the bad guy shoves it up your azz you will atcually find pleasure in it.... commie

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul,
Try moving the holster around a bit.
It's hard to believe, but a belt loop in the wrong place can be an issue.
Just changing position an inch can make a difference in feel.😎

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I have tried a few OWB set ups while wearing a loose fitting T-Shirt, but my T shirt tended to bunch up on top of the gun. I bought an IWB leather holster for my small revolver and can't quite get cozy with it. Your comment about the belt makes a lot of sense, and I suspect my belts aren't wide and supportive enough. I wish I had a good shop around here. The one shop that has the best and equipment has ridiculous prices and the workers are kinda dicks.

Try this place Paul.

Gun Belts Here.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Last month there was a thread in the handguns section called "Summer Carry".

It started out as the typical "what pocket gun do you carry in the hot weather" type thread.

I answered with the following post:

What gun is the minimum you are willing to get into a gunfight against one or possibly two armed bad guys with? Armed as in both have at minimum, handguns. Are you willing to get into that gunfight, which is a fight to the death, (them or you) with a Kahr that holds 7 rounds of .380?

For me, I know what my choices are. Each has to decide. Personally, I don't own any of the micro guns, that hold a very small amount of rounds, as I don't want to fall into the habit of grabbing what is comfortable, rather than what will actually get the job done. My only exception is a J Frame, and it is relegated to BUG role, and on exceedingly rare occasions a primary, but pretty much 99+% of the time I carry a gun I am willing to actually fight with and can turn in a good performance while using.

I posted again showing what I had chosen to carry that day, which was my Glock 22, .40 S&W a reload and a knife.

One of the more condescending members (Wrapids) stated:

"None of my friends in central Wisconsin feel a need to carry a gun."

Then followed up afterwards by telling one of our other members that since they carried a gun and ammo, with this post:

"Sounds like you should leave a war zone"

I posted a few days later that I was packing the following, showing this picture:

To which Wrapids replied:

"You oughtta leave a war zone."

Here is the thing.

I RARELY comment about much of the stuff that goes on and try to stay out of it for the most part.

That said. This condescending liberal attitude is exactly why we just ended up with 18 people dead and 13 more wounded. Over 30 people total, plus all their families. Kids, spouses, parents, all the people who cared for them.

NOBODY SHOT BACK.

When the fight started, nobody took the fight to the enemy. Nobody stood their ground and put rounds into the bad guy.

NOBODY.

So Wrapids, maybe you should feel the need to carry a gun, because NOBODY is coming to save you.

It is up to individuals to protect themselves. It is not the job of the government, or the nanny state. You are responsible for your own protection and those you care for who are unable to protect themselves.

You and NOBODY ELSE.

Your typical liberal won't fight his own fight, but he sure will call the police and have someone else do it. He is too scared to do the job himself, but not too scared to put someone else at risk. Pathetic.

Back on point,

You don't get to pick and choose when these things are going to happen or where. They are like a gift from a stranger. You have to unwrap it and deal with it, no matter what it is. Odds are that the situation will not be in your favor as the bad guy(s) will have planned it that way. So deal with it.

That is why you carry a gun you are willing to get into a fight with, and actually be prepared to fight.

Just one person with a gun and some skills could have made a difference and changed the outcome drastically.

Think about Eli Dickens.

The 22 year old young man who stopped what would have been a massacre in a shopping mall. He did so by carrying a gun daily and practicing. When the time came, he did not run, he took the fight to the enemy and stopped a massacre before really got going.

This is The Way.

Agree with all. My EDC is a G43X with Shield 15-rounders. And a Benchmade folder lives clipped to my pocket at all times, either a Bugout or a heavier model, which name escapes me.

The 43x w/Shields is an amazing package, BUT you do need to swap out the mag release for one of theirs. Once I did that I ran 10 full mags through each (300 rounds total) with zero failures.

JellO,
All you need to beconcerned about is having the front sight removed from your handgun..... so when the bad guy shoves it up your azz you will atcually find pleasure in it.... commie

Lol, the ladder pussy fancies himself a Gun Fighter!! LMAO!!

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Paul,
Try moving the holster around a bit.
It's hard to believe, but a belt loop in the wrong place can be an issue.
Just changing position an inch can make a difference in feel.😎

I have found that to be true myself, especially when running an IWB holster.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Hanks Belts. I have a 1/4" thick x 1 1/2" wide "The Gunner" that works for me. $80 or so.

GOA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I have tried a few OWB set ups while wearing a loose fitting T-Shirt, but my T shirt tended to bunch up on top of the gun. I bought an IWB leather holster for my small revolver and can't quite get cozy with it. Your comment about the belt makes a lot of sense, and I suspect my belts aren't wide and supportive enough. I wish I had a good shop around here. The one shop that has the best and equipment has ridiculous prices and the workers are kinda dicks.

Try this place Paul.

Gun Belts Here.
Thanks for that link.

Already know about Hanks.

Wife has my wish for Christmas, a new belt, so I have another option.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Try this place Paul.

Gun Belts Here.
Thanks for that link.

Already know about Hanks.

Wife has my wish for Christmas, a new belt, so I have another option.

Well chit I was hoping they have a belt in my size. Size 66, but they don’t 🥺

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I weigh 602lbs and I get heat rash pretty bad so IWB is a no go for me.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
I weigh 602lbs and I get heat rash pretty bad so IWB is a no go for me.
I M Fasting is what you need.

It's only Human, Pard

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I kinda wish Rick had given us a like button. I have read and appreciate all of the feedback.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
And a lot of practical experience. A person needs to get the mindset of carrying what they might really need, not what is the most handy. A 2 shot NAA derringer is better than nothing but a bad guy with a Glock will make short work of that idea.
we were taking the grandkids to a jump zone play place in a city near where we live and a Mustang pulled up next to us, the youth that got out of it had on sweat pants, he pulled his shirt up and checked on the positioning of a berretta 92 shoved down in the front of his pants and hanging in there somehow. He went on to the pizza place next to where we were going where I assume he was conducting a business meeting. Seeing the full sized berretta in those sweat pants was instructional. There might have been a time 20-30 years ago when someone might have felt somewhat ok with a NA derringer in his pocket, these are different days and they seem to be getting worse.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Summer carry is Cargo shorts with a KORE Essentials belt. G19 in a Comp-Tac infidel, G43 and Shield arms Z9 magazine in a We The People Kydex holster, or a Sig P365XL in a We The People Kydex holster. Always have a spare in my off side front pocket. A good belt can make you or break you.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven’t read this whole thread but the first couple of pages was a bit concerning. I live in WI and am not friends with Wrapids so I carry everywhere just to keep him at bay, LOL.

My wife and I volunteer for an event that happens weekly on the weekends and it’s a prime place to get shot up. I carry while there. Are there signs out front? Sure. Do I care? Hell no. Even before the Maine event I made it clear we were sitting ducks and would do what was needed to make sure I could have a chance of survival if something went down.

It’s your choice to be a victim and wait for the police to arrive. If someone had ignored the signs and had a pistol on them the death toll would have been a lot less. In fact one of the dead was a concealed carrier according to his friend on another forum but didn’t have it on him. He and his son both were killed.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I kinda wish Rick had given us a like button. I have read and appreciate all of the feedback.

He did. But so many complained because it required 2 clicks that he immediately removed it.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

He did at one time and realized he didn't want this place to turn into a Gay site.........

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hmmm. The Smith & Wesson Forum has a one-click like button.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

He did at one time and realized he didn't want this place to turn into a Gay site.........
That would be right down Barnard’s alley (or chute).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just a word of appreciation to all for this great thread.

All the bad guys are packing Glocks? Makes sense.

Carry a gun you can fight with? Makes sense too.

I can pull a j-frame out of a front pocket in no time at all….. unless I’m sitting down…. and if I do it’s still only a j-frame.

Time to up my game.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

he did and it was great. But a like doesn't count as a post and so the post count would've suffered, ergo the ad revenue would have dropped.

MAGA
Page 30 of 37 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

361 members (160user, 10ring1, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,724
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.