Hop To
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ldholton
10ga been trying to help you the whole time I did give up a long time ago if I was him but he's still trying and you're too ignorant to take the advice. I'll let you in the right direction also earlier back for a start and you're too damn dumb to take this. people like you are just [bleep] helpless I hope you blow yourself up become crippled and brain dead..

Nah, he is just pretending to be stupid for schitts and giggles. Classic troll. He has been floating around here for a long, long time.
now.
It is either our classic eternal troll, or a missing somebody doing a fantastic job of emulation. Who ever it is, he is running at least two old but newly reintroduced socks.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
10ga been trying to help you the whole time I did give up a long time ago if I was him but he's still trying and you're too ignorant to take the advice. I'll let you in the right direction also earlier back for a start and you're too damn dumb to take this. people like you are just [bleep] helpless I hope you blow yourself up become crippled and brain dead..

Nah, he is just pretending to be stupid for schitts and giggles. Classic troll. He has been floating around here for a long, long time.
now.
It is either our classic eternal troll, or a missing somebody doing a fantastic job of emulation. Who ever it is, he is running at least two old but newly reintroduced socks.
Anothergun??

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
It's all good.

Maybe a brain fart on my end. Have done a couple barrel swaps on Savages so I should remember what the interface looks like.

Remingtons look exactly like a Savage. With the appropriate barrel you can even buy the threaded locking collar and set the Remington up as a switch barrel like a Savage. Called Remage. There are some minor variations among other brands like the extractor cut in the back of a Win 70 Classic or pre 64, etc.

Last edited by Idaho_Shooter; 10/30/23.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

now.
Anothergun??

I think it would be money safely bet.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
I haven't posted since I joined, because the software was so awful, and lots of a holes. As I said when googling this I came across a thread on problems with 760, so I thought I would post. But as always, I am just repeating myself.

It baffles me why, I would be called a troll on this thread. I've come here with a problem. Refuse help? I am still not sure what help was given or refused.

The word troll is thrown around to much these days, by people when someone doesn't 100% agree, has their own opinion, or doesn't slob on their knob.

I have not taken any stance on what is going on with this rifle, if anything is.

Not sure why we are going on and on about the pics. As said I do not have a picture hosting account, and the software doesn't resize pics from my phone. As I have said over and over again. If I was going to call people a troll, i would call people here a troll for this.

IC B2

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
I'll prime some starline, without sizing and see if primer goes off. That should tell if it is my die or not. I full length size new brass, because you get dented case from shipping.

I'll look at file sharing site. I can't really tell any differences in factory and handloads.

Despite accusations, I have never claimed to be an expert. I have loaded a bit. But never did anything other than set dies according to instructions.

I thought maybe the factory cases opened up more, but mic didn't really support this. But I was rushing, I got to go to work.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
What does the brass look like on a piece of 1x fired factory loaded ammo?

Bright ring where brass meets case head?

Same ring or maybe brighter on a handload?

I can't tell difference. I'll look again after work. How big of ring?

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
There's a saying around the 'Fire: "When everyone you meet is an ass hole......maybe it ain't them."

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
There's a saying around the 'Fire: "When everyone you meet is an ass hole......maybe it ain't them."
Another saying, birds of feather flock together.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Could it be…?

..no, that’s not the answer.

Could it be…?

…no, that’s not the answer.

Could it be?

no, that’s not the answer.

Could it be…?

…no, that’s not the answer.

So, it you know that everyone else’s guess is wrong, you must know what the real answer is.

Well, what is it?

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Primed virgin starline, no bullet, and it fired.

So I sized it, primed it, and it fired.
So I got one of the ones that didnt go off. Weighed same as other rounds.
So I put it in a savage, and it did not fire. That savage is on injured reserve, because it has had fail to fires.

So I go get a 700, and it doesn't fire.
So I pull the bullet and it has poweder.

I have never had a primer not go off.
So then I put one that has not been fired in another rifle, and it goes off.

Maybe hitting that primer lightly over and over again, killed it??

Another interesting thing on of the duds, the spitzer tip was mangled. I read on another forum about guy having issues with this. Suggestions were polymer tips or file feed ramps.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try a dud batch back in 760.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
I forgot I had lymann rifle case headspace gauge and hornady comparator. Been pretty much on auto pilot, have not tried anything new in years. I typically hunt at archery distances.

Starline has been helpful too.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
I put starline and loaded remington in lyman headspace gauge, I could tell with a magnifying glass.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
So I fired the starline in a different bolt no problem.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
One thing I thought about this, is the smaller base would have the round chambering deeper into battery. The issue is light hammer strikes, so I would think it would be worse if primer farther away.

I do remember one time, not slamming it home, when going to my stand in the morning trying to be quite. It didn't go off. But in that case, I remember the trigger didn't even fire. But that was over 20 years ago.

Hunting season now, will work on it later. I'll report if I find anything to help who ever may discover this on google in the years to come. If they make to page 12.

I did try measuring primer pockets, maybe .001 deeper, I was doing it quick, so not most accuarte, with end of calibers. Dial indicator in jig would be the way to go, same with he head space gauge.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Guys, this wanker was transparently a troll 11 pages back.

Z
Zerk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Z
Because I want to fill in a future reader who may google this? That is how I ended up here, a discussion on 760 problems. Why don't you just stay out of the thread? Then I can't troll? Though they have read through the great squirel shooting posts.

So please don't post in this thread, so no one can troll.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (Bluethunder8, BALLISTIK, Akhutr, 10 invisible), 1,223 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,147
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.