Campfire Ranger
E
How bout the millennials they ok?

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Therein... if the Jones Generation stood on the shoulders of the Boomer Generation and hence multiplied their epic failure... Is not the Jones Generation fully complicit in the abject patheticness of Gen XYZ?

Please help me understand...

Thanks

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Therein... if the Jones Generation stood on the shoulders of the Boomer Generation and hence multiplied their epic failure... Is not the Jones Generation fully complicit in the abject patheticness of Gen XYZ?

Thanks

Everyone's been complicit since at least Lincoln. Stack a country 3000 miles wide under a central government and it will eventually start kicking.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Stickfight
The top pic reminds me of a good metaphorical documentary on the Boomer generation: the movie Easy Rider.

Two motorcycle boomers contract with a Jew to import drugs from Mexicans up to California. The Jew makes it clear he is going to push these drugs on White school kids but the boomers really want to have a Good Time so that doesn't bother them. They use the profit to finance a motorcycle trip across the country to Mardi Gras, and during the journey they engage in all sorts of degeneracy: drugs, casual sex, drugs, visiting a boomer hippie commune where everyone is on drugs, laughing at the local peasants. Normal boomer stuff.

They meet a guy who they befriend, and when he gets killed they just leave his corpse on the side of the road so their Good Time is not interrupted. They do visit the whorehouse their dead friend recommended, where they do drugs with the hookers. A Good Time is had by all.

Important symbolism is present through the entire movie. One of the main boomers is decorated with US flags and so is his motorcycle. In pursuit of his Good Time he rides that motorcycle until it is literally destroyed, never once having a care for its future.

Really good movie if you have the time and you watch it for what it is.

If you want some *real* good stuff to rag on the Boomers about read Tom Wolfe's "Electric Kool Aid Acid Test"--about Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters on their bus trip.

"Easy Rider" Was Hollywood's Boomers. Ken Kesey and his bunch pretty much kicked off the 60s counterculture movement in real life. Although some people might attribute it to Jack Kerouac and the beatniks--"On The Road" and all of that new age poetry stuff. Although there was significant blending of the two groups at that time since beatnik Neal Cassidy was the driver of the hippies Merry Prankster bus. The real 60s counterculture movement didn't really last all that long. Charles Manson, of the Silent generation pretty much put the hiatus on it in 1969. So it was only a 4 or 5 year phenomenon.

Anybody remember Maynard G. Krebs?

That's who he was before he became Gilligan.
Plus 1

If you want to understand the counter culture hippie movement “On The Road” as a beatnik forerunner and especially the “Electric Kool Aid Test” pretty well explain it. It wasn’t a random movement that sprung out of nowhere. There are key figures that if not started it they took it mainstream. Tom Wolfe’s book spells it out. It’s entertaining and a must read for understanding the roots of where it started IMO.

Back in the early days of LSD Ken Kesey was a janitor in a San Francisco psych ward and stealing LSD intended for patients. He experimented with it and wrote a book about it. “One Flew Over the Cookoos Nest.” Kesey’s, book later made into a movie made Kesey an overnight celebrity and he used his proceeds to hire a mostly unknown local band the Greatful Dead to be his house band while giving out LSD and hiring Neal Cassidy, made famous by Jack Kerouac and his book “On The Road” as his driver to ride around the Bay Area passing out LSD in punch bowls the “electric kool aid test.” He hired The Hells Angels for security and an attempt to bring the working class counterculture bikers on board with the upper middle class hippie counter culture and it kicks off from there. Kesey more than anyone took a small subculture hippie movement mainstream.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Or do I misunderstand that Boomer are useless...

Or Heros?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Looks like Barnard in the background of the 2023 pic.

He's thinkin "look at all these pussies who don't even have pedals on their machines."

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Or Heros?

+1

Put me down for a dime bag of your chit...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Thanks

Everyone's been complicit since at least Lincoln. Stack a country 3000 miles wide under a central government and it will eventually start kicking.

Oh my...

Lincoln died 158 years ago...

So we were doomed to E scooters them?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Bristoe...

Your posts make less sense than a yard of chicken chit...

Just saying...

Tighten it the fugg up,

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Believe it or not, this clean cut young man was instrumental in kicking off the 60s stuff--maybe not as much as LBJ. But they had different roles.

IC B3

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Bristoe...

Just saying...

Tighten it the fugg up,

Yeah, I drink too much sometimes, also.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Bristoe...

Just saying...

Tighten it the fugg up,

Yeah, I drink too much sometimes, also.

LOL...

Hard Copy

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Not like I did, however.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gen X, child of the Forgotten Generation. Mom, Dad Step Dad all born before
the war or during.

Parents were of a generation ignored, Us too!

Seems like Boomers were catered to,
their kids were worse.

Thank God and my folks their attention included beating our asses and working us.

Not sure what 2003-07 is, but two girls of that Era were raised similar.
Many of their friends show similar signs,
Kids in the trades, nursing school, medical fields, one you girl with her CDL and soon
to graduate operators school qualified in everything but cranes.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Seems like Boomers were catered to,

I've heard that. I guess it depends on the particular Boomer. My dad was an infantryman in the Pacific. He wasn't real big on catering.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Or Heros?

+1

Put me down for a dime bag of your chit...

Hahaha. Funny. grin

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by earlybrd
How bout the millennials they ok?

Hell no!
Some think they know more than us boomers.

Like they learned everything we did in 1/3rd of the time

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
If you remember when Gilligan was Maynard G. Krebs, your joints hurt when you get up in the morning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks

Generation Jones is noted for coming of age after a huge swath of their older brothers and sisters in the earlier portion of the Baby Boomer population had; thus, many note that there was a paucity of resources and privileges available to them that were seemingly abundant to older Boomers. Therefore, there is a certain level of bitterness and "jonesing" for the level of doting and affluence granted to older Boomers but denied to them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Jones

Last edited by irfubar; 11/11/23.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's always kinda entertaining being told how it was

Page 2 of 49 1 2 3 4 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1badf350, 204guy, 260Remguy, 222ND, 257 roberts, 60 invisible), 1,940 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,253
Posts18,525,148
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.