Hop To
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Damn! I wish that .308 had a 20" barrel, id probly have to buy it...Maybe its a good thing that its not 😁....Hb

There was once a time where velocity mattered.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by EdM
Damn! I wish that .308 had a 20" barrel, id probly have to buy it...Maybe its a good thing that its not 😁....Hb

And then people realized it didn’t….

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
16 is about perfect
Not for me, I hate the look of a can, its an abomination on a sleek rifle like a NULA..for me a 20" barrel on a 308 Win is perfection 👍...Hb

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by LSU fan
Originally Posted by EdM

In Louisiana, sure...

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EdM

In Louisiana, sure...

Enlighten me on what an extra 100fps gets you in Texas or Idaho….

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EdM

In Louisiana, sure...

Enlighten me on what an extra 100fps gets you in Texas or Idaho….

Maybe Colorado, BC, Alberta, South Africa, Zimbabwe and Namibia.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by EdM
Maybe Colorado, BC, Alberta, South Africa, Zimbabwe and Namibia.

Cool. You have exponentially more hunting experience than I do in a lot of cool places. And I’m genuinely curious why you’ve made the velocity comment in multiple threads. So what can you do with a 22 - 24” barrel 308 that you can’t do with a 20”?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have three 308s, two tikka sporters with one at 19” and one at 20” and the other a Tikka CTR at 20”

I think 20” is about perfect for a 308, but I wouldn’t turn down a 16”.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by BWilson
The rifle has been well received since we introduced it in early Sept, we've already shipped more rifles than Melvin did in his highest production year. Since we only have a limited caliber selection of only right hand now we take this as a very positive sign along with the fact some customers have bought multiple rifles.

Are these rifles all being purchased by individuals, or are some going to dealers?

Mr. Wilson, I wanted to circle back to this question in case it was lost in the noise.

They sell thorough our full distribution chain of dealers and distributors as well as customer direct.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The rifle has been well received since we introduced it in early Sept, we've already shipped more rifles than Melvin did in his highest production year. Since we only have a limited caliber selection of only right hand now we take this as a very positive sign along with the fact some customers have bought multiple rifles.

Are these rifles all being purchased by individuals, or are some going to dealers?

Mr. Wilson, I wanted to circle back to this question in case it was lost in the noise.

They sell thorough our full distribution chain of dealers and distributors as well as customer direct.
Thank you. So isn't it a bit disingenuous to compare your system to Melvin, who was making NULAs strictly for custom order? It's a bit like comparing the production of Lamborghini to Ford. That being said, I'm glad to see the street price seems to be more modest than originally advertised.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by EdM

30 years ago called. They want their mindset, lack of laser rangefinders, and functional Leupold scopes back.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Thank you. So isn't it a bit disingenuous to compare your system to Melvin, who was making NULAs strictly for custom order? It's a bit like comparing the production of Lamborghini to Ford. That being said, I'm glad to see the street price seems to be more modest than originally advertised.

Ha Ha Ha I will take a Ford over a Lamborghini every day and suspect that 90% of America would say the same.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Ha Ha Ha I will take a Ford over a Lamborghini every day and suspect that 90% of America would say the same.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Just sayin’.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Absolutely 💯

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Well, kidding about Marley’s ex aside, I usually would too - but I don’t expect a Ford to be priced at 80% of a Lamborghini either.

Perhaps a better analogy here would be Bentley to Mercedes.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Just sayin’.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

Guessing the CEO of Ford is not answering questions and listening to feedback on an online enthusiast's forum. This place is not a focus group engineered to play to the masses. This guy cares about what the rifleman's rifleman has to say (that's a compliment Mr. Goat, though I'm disagreeing with you). I see your point about the Melvin/custom experience. That's gone. You lucky son's of guns who had Melvin build you a gun consider yourselves envied. But, this new thing has all the makings of something really special.

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I don’t feel shortchanged that Ronnie himself didn’t build my Fieldcraft, or the Bill didn’t build my Wilson Combat guns. I’ve been around enough “full custom” hunting rifles to know it’s a distinction without a difference.

Was it Muledeer or Jeff Cooper (or Clint Smith) who opined on how we treat one MOA rifles these days as throw always, when one MOA will suffice in any reasonable hunting application.

These are the salad days for hunters and shooters.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Am i wrong or didn't Melvins NULA rifle cost like 4 grand?...These new Wilson's can be had for less than 3K.....Hb

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Am i wrong or didn't Melvins NULA rifle cost like 4 grand?...These new Wilson's can be had for less than 3K.....Hb
At the end Melvin was getting $4200 I believe, that had been raised from $3600 just months earlier if I remember correctly. And I think they had been less than that without going back too far.

Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (007FJ, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 43 invisible), 2,145 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,545
Posts18,531,346
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.