Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Seafire
If I go anywhere it will back home to Southwestern Virginia, or SE West VA....my home roots... its pretty rural, people are pretty well armed and programmed to defend their home and property...

You think those areas are going to be easier to remain "free" than the rural western states?
I found quite by accident a beautiful little community in south eastern West Virginia. It is quite isolated from the hustle and bustle of modern life but reasonably close to a major highway and fairly close to Beckley. The name of the place is Odd, and while that is an odd name it is really named Odd. I used the Odd Road as a cut through from Highway 77 and headed east over to Highway 16.

When I got to my lodging that night I did a search on the village of Odd and found out that while it is isolated and has a low population it is indeed a famous place. Real estate there should be affordable and should remain rural.

Home of The Whittaker Family

ruff ruff Ray

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m all for it in the right circumstances …. Don’t want to live in one myself but urban sprawl is a major killer of prime AG land here. The standard sub division of 1/4 ac lots where everyone has a front and backyard takes 1000’s of acres out of AG production every year…. Adds to wasted water, commute times, pollution, etc.

Cities need to build up not out….. Thankfully our county BOD put in place a requirement that any land converted from AG zoning to residential or commercial requires that the owner puts twice as much land in a AG lands trust that will preserve it (at least until some new politicians that own such land find a way to break it) 🥴

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Being close to highways and major thoroughfares is NOT a benefit when times get sporty.

A lot of urban planners around here are using the self-contained “village” type concept instead of the dumbass sprawling strip malls spread out over 5 miles of concrete city, pavement and stoplights. Cities and the cancerous sprawl that eats away at our green spaces are the death of empires. Give me wide open spaces, mountains and oceans with the people capable of surviving “alone” there.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Those are really nice areas.

Which part of Oregon are you in?

Trav,

I'm in the Rogue Valley, about a mile off of I 5, in the northern part of the Rogue Valley...
30 miles north of the CA State Line, but 60 miles as the Freeway runs...

in Josephine County.. The area is beautiful, but too many of the locals leave a lot to be desired...
Ya take the good with the bad...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Trav,

I'm in the Rogue Valley, about a mile off of I 5, in the northern part of the Rogue Valley...

in Josephine County.. The area is beautiful, but too many of the locals leave a lot to be desired...

Gotcha.

I have spent some time around Winchester, VA. It is surprisingly nice.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
…and you, Comrade Jones, you will live there. And comrade Smith, you will live there. Comrade Davis, you will live over there…

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you don't know what a 15-minute City is then you need to get out more...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know why they call it a 15 min city? Because that sound much better than concentration camp.

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A problem with all these 15 minute city designs is that the planners left out the rifle range.

smile

Bruce

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave

Trav,

Gotcha.

I have spent some time around Winchester, VA. It is surprisingly nice.

My half sister lived up there.. I have relatives up and down the Shenandoah Valley. My younger years we use to skip out of school for the day and go up and hang out at Harper's Ferry WVa, just to the north of Winchester.

There are a lot of great places in Virginia.. much moreso when I was growing up...

population is like 4 times what it was when I was in high school.. Graduated High School in Fairfax County, West Springfield.
just a couple exits north of Ft Belvoir and Quantico, off I 95.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (222ND, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 222Sako, 257 mag, 71 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,567
Posts18,531,820
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.