Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by anothergun
what I'm trying to prove is, a guy like you, even though you tote around this Plethora of knowledge, doesn't mean squat to me or anyone else who spouts it out. And even though you teach a "advanced" hand loading class, it appears you are missing more pertinent loading details out from your "standard" loads ? LOL

Nothing personal man... LOL It's just comical that guys like you come on these sites and appear and convince some people that they should listen to you with your magical loads or this wonderful insight. Do you understand now what I'm trying to prove ? Give us a free "advanced" loading class, I'm sure it will be interesting !

That said, Shooting any Antelope with your 416 Rigby lately ? Pretty impressive the hole you left and what your teaching, what ? your grandson in the picture.

What do I shoot.... 300 "Bee" Weatherby Vanguard, 270 WCF Remington 721, .30-06 Winchester M70 those are my bolt guns, friend.

Give my best to you buddies on Nosler Forum, they would fit in here in your class.

Yours Truly,

Slickrem

OK....I thought you sounded familiar..........so you're still pissed at me for getting banned from the nosler forum by another moderator. Well over here you can get it out of your system.

Based on that and that alone, anything I would try to communicate to you would be in vain.

BTW that was a 416 Bee and that was my son...I do not have a Rigby. Next year might be my 460 Bee...who knows?

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I for one, appreciate reading about loads that do well. I realize it’s in someone else’s gun but to me it’s a starting point.

Pharm got me using BG powder. Glad he did, cause it works and I like it. Got a big jug.

To me the reason for the Fire is to share info and learn.

Unfortunately things occasionally get a tad off track. It’s not too unlike eating chicken wings, you eat the meat, spit out the bones…

It’s worth wading thru BS to find the pearls. Can get sorta messy sometimes.

But we’re still here, at least most of us.

DF

Especially when an obtuse, inarticulate person who doesn't know what he doesn't know begins to fulminate.

Exactly!! X2

ttpoz

in silvam ne ligna feras
(don't carry logs into the forest)
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Fotis
what I'm trying to prove is, a guy like you, even though you tote around this Plethora of knowledge, doesn't mean squat to me or anyone else who spouts it out. And even though you teach a "advanced" hand loading class, it appears you are missing more pertinent loading details out from your "standard" loads ? LOL

Nothing personal man... LOL It's just comical that guys like you come on these sites and appear and convince some people that they should listen to you with your magical loads or this wonderful insight. Do you understand now what I'm trying to prove ? Give us a free "advanced" loading class, I'm sure it will be interesting !

That said, Shooting any Antelope with your 416 Rigby lately ? Pretty impressive the hole you left and what your teaching, what ? your grandson in the picture.

What do I shoot.... 300 "Bee" Weatherby Vanguard, 270 WCF Remington 721, .30-06 Winchester M70 those are my bolt guns, friend.

Give my best to you buddies on Nosler Forum, they would fit in here in your class.

Yours Truly,
Slickrem

OK....I thought you sounded familiar..........so you're still pissed at me for getting banned from the nosler forum by another moderator. Well over here you can get it out of your system.

Based on that and that alone, anything I would try to communicate with you would be in vain.

BTW that was a 416 Bee...I do not have a Rigby

Me getting banned over there has nothing to do with it, but it does resemble this site, ego's and clicky fellows you know ? LOL I ain't got an axe to grind with you other than posting loads without details, that your Weatherbys doesn't need to be part of. But in other rifles of a lesser nature need to be "tweaked", Follow ? Ie; Neck tension, Concentricty, OAL etc........

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ttpoz
I for one, appreciate reading about loads that do well. I realize it’s in someone else’s gun but to me it’s a starting point.

Pharm got me using BG powder. Glad he did, cause it works and I like it. Got a big jug.

Unfortunately things occasionally get a tad off track. It’s not too unlike eating chicken wings, you eat the meat, spit out the bones…

DF

Especially when an obtuse, inarticulate person who doesn't know what he doesn't know begins to fulminate.

Exactly!! X2

maybe you can start a petition to Rick Bin LOL

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Yours Truly,
Slickrem

Based on that and that alone, anything I would try to communicate with you would be in vain.

Me getting banned over there has nothing to do with it, but it does resemble this site, ego's and clicky fellows you know ? LOL I ain't got an axe to grind with you other than posting loads without details, that your Weatherbys doesn't need to be part of. But in other rifles of a lesser nature need to be "tweaked", Follow ? Ie; Neck tension, Concentricty, OAL etc........

Just for grins, why would you think other rifles need to be tweaked but Weatherby's are exempt from the procedures? Just trying to track the train of thought.

Semper Fi
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by beretzs

Yours Truly,
Slickrem

Just for grins, why would you think other rifles need to be tweaked but Weathersby's are exempt from the procedures? Just trying to track the train of thought.

Based on that statement doesn't sound like you have a Weatherby. I have one and it doesn't take any special procedures to make one shoot well but has a round that tends to drift just a little bit and I bought a Lee Collet die for it. I just FL size, charge near max, OAL to book length and shoot. My Remington and Winchester need a little more attention to shoot well.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Yours Truly,
Slickrem

Just for grins, why would you think other rifles need to be tweaked but Weathersby's are exempt from the procedures? Just trying to track the train of thought.

Based on that statement doesn't sound like you have a Weatherby. I have one and it doesn't take any special procedures to make one shoot well but has a round that tends to drift just a little bit and I bought a Lee Collet die for it. I just FL size, charge near max, OAL to book length and shoot. My Remington and Winchester need a little more attention to shoot well.

I have a few of the Howas and a handful of MK5's but I've noted them to be much/if any different than any other rifle I've used or loaded for. Sounds like you got a good one. Is your Weatherby a 7-08?

Semper Fi
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I understand the reference to loading manuals. Basic info for sure and a good place to start.

But they don’t cover fine points and details we get from hands on experience from Fire contributors.

DF

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I understand the reference to loading manuals. Basic info for sure and a good place to start.

But they don’t cover fine points and details we get from hands on experience from Fire contributors.

DF

Guess you missed what l told Fotis. He just listed a load, with no advance load techniques. You get that from load manuals, don’t ya??? Nuttin special about them. What’s so special about these loads?

7mm rem and 160 gr 66 gr RL 22
30-06 around 56 gr of H or IMR 4350 180 gr
270 Win 130 gr with 60 gr H4831 or rl 22
300 Win Mag 180 gr and 76 gr of H4831 or RL 22
30-06 150 gr around 53 gr IMR 4064

Last edited by anothergun; 11/15/23.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What do you shoot?

Anothergun pretty much just shoots his mouth - sad thing is, he thinks he's pretty good at it

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

DF

Guess you missed what l told Fotis. He just listed a load, with no advance load techniques. You get that from load manuals, don’t ya??? Nuttin special about them. What’s so special about these loads?

What’s advanced about them? Other than load a few grains below them to make sure they are safe? Most all of those loads have been around longer than me.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Precisely Beretzs..

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Precisely Beretzs..

There's nothing precise about your loads Fotis.... is that what you teach in your classes ?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

DF

What’s advanced about them? Other than load a few grains below them to make sure they are safe? Most all of those loads have been around longer than me.

What’s advanced about them?

Nothing! that's my point ! LOL ! Duh !

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

DF

So what’s your point? I don’t get you SR.

You don’t even own a 7mm and you crush a fellas post with debate about something you don’t have while admitting you don’t shoot much? No experience, no help, nothing.

I can guarantee if I wanted a LRX load, I’d copy what Fotis or other posters have done and approach it like any load in any manual and chances are I’d find a load.

Load manuals are great resources to double and triple check safety but they aren’t the Bible.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

DF

Dude, you getting sorta testy with some very well respected and long standing Fire contributors.

And for no obvious reason. I don’t see where they have disrespected you. From my years here, it’s just not their style.

We do have some in that category, but not these guys.

DF

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

DF

Dude, you getting sorta testy with some very well respected and long standing Fire contributors.

And for no obvious reason. I don’t see where they have disrespected you. From my years here, it’s just not their style.

DF

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

DF

DF

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

DF

So what’s your point? I don’t get you SR.

You don’t even own a 7mm and you crush a fellas post with debate about something you don’t have while admitting you don’t shoot much? No experience, no help, nothing.

I can guarantee if I wanted a LRX load, I’d copy what Fotis or other posters have done and approach it like any load in any manual and chances are I’d find a load.

Load manuals are great resources to double and triple check safety but they aren’t the Bible.

You can’t follow and that’s ok…

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.