OP Offline
Campfire Member
M

Let him grow, Shoot a doe !
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If people will shoot every wolf they see, wolves won't ever be able to establish a population.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
from the link:
Wolves have long been a divisive species, particularly in rural areas where many farmers and ranchers consider them an unacceptable risk to both humans and livestock. But for many Americans, they evoke a powerful and meaningful emotional connection with wild places and the natural world.

In keeping with that divide, Colorado voters barely approved the wolves' reintroduction, and the law received most of its support from liberal urban residents living far from where the wolves will be released.
Those Americans happen to live in cities and suburbs. Most don't hunt. Practically none farm or ranch. The wolves won't be in THEIR back yards.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It's very much the same as the invasion along the southern border, people that are far removed from the consequences of the choice are calling the shots.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We just need to reintroduce grizzlies into Colorado to keep the wolf numbers down smile

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by colorado
We just need to reintroduce grizzlies into Colorado to keep the wolf numbers down smile
Ya'all want some griz we will send ya some.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
from the link:
[quote]Wolves have long been a divisive species, particularly in rural areas where many farmers and ranchers consider them an unacceptable risk to both humans and livestock. But for many Americans, they evoke a powerful and meaningful emotional connection with wild places and the natural world.

In keeping with that divide, Colorado voters barely approved the wolves' reintroduction, and the law received most of its support from liberal urban residents living far from where the wolves will be released. (quote)

Those Americans happen to live in cities and suburbs. Most don't hunt. Practically none farm or ranch. The wolves won't be in THEIR back yards.

And that's a serious problem for western democracies. Governments are elected by their big cities because that's where the majority of citizens live. And that's where WOKE germinates, thrives and takes over the minds of people, including the current younger generation and future prospects. Same here in Canada, There are three major cities, maybe four, that elect our federal government. And the government appoints officials that miror themselves with their far left ideologies.

So that's the problem with wolves in your back yards, and not theirs. It's not gonna get better barring a revolution, serious depression, war or (hopefully) a miracle from God (see: The Bible, book of Proverbs ch 3, verses 3 - 6)

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
If people will shoot every wolf they see, wolves won't ever be able to establish a population.
Umm, no they won't. The federal charges would ruin them financially.
They already have wolves, wonder why they haven't all be shot ?

Now when they cross into Wyoming we will take care of them, legally.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Heard the same thing in Montana when the so called reintroduction happened almost 20 years ago, you will never shoot them all no matter how hard you try.
The most effective way is trapping and poison and the latter will never happen.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Do the GPS collars on them have cameras? Asking for a friend.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I know how to disable the collars, very easy actually.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by wytex

Like cover it in hamburger and put it outside a bear's den?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Share with those of us that might find that info handy, if ya know what I mean, WINK......

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Share with those of us that might find that info handy, if ya know what I mean, WINK......

A magnet

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If I got a collar, I’d tie some sticks together with the collar on top and toss it in the nearest creek.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by huntsman22

A magnet

A big rock works too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If I got a collar, I’d tie some sticks together with the collar on top and toss it in the nearest creek.

Doesn't work, they did that on Yellowstone and the collar still got traced back to Rip. smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i wish the collars were a wide orange belt for the wolves safety .

Last edited by pete53; 11/26/23.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’d never shoot a federally protected wolf in Colorado. We are however forced to buy small game license to apply for elk tags so my plan is always to shoot coyotes even though they get so much bigger in CO than back home. Wouldn’t bother to retrieve the pelt or come near a dead large coyote.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by specneeds
I’d never shoot a federally protected wolf in Colorado. We are however forced to buy small game license to apply for elk tags so my plan is always to shoot coyotes even though they get so much bigger in CO than back home. Wouldn’t bother to retrieve the pelt or come near a dead large coyote.

agreed but a wide belt orange collar is for our safety too ? those collars know when that woof died ,where it happened and the computer beeper goes off .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,830
Posts18,477,961
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.