Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Neat gun but begs for a longer barrel, 3 to 3.5 inches , and better sights.
Plenty of bigger more accurate guns if that's what someone wants.

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Neat gun but begs for a longer barrel, 3 to 3.5 inches , and better sights.
Plenty of bigger more accurate guns if that's what someone wants.

That threaded barrel model has a 2.9" barrel.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Replacement for the POS LCP2 I’m tired of futzing with to make it work.
Never a problem with this Elsie Pitu, except that it needed some rear sight “adjustment” with a file to get the point of impact down from the stratosphere to where it matched the point of aim:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It’s in my jacket pocket right now, as I’m about go outside to feed the critters.

Every day’s an adventure.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, I finally got mine to work reliably. I ground off 90% of the tab that contacts the mag follower so it no longer locks back when empty, then just to help it along a bit, I used a diamond point Dremel tip to cut a small tapered relief slot in the back edge of the slide lock tab, so the corner of the cutout in the slide won’t catch it. Ran about 6 mags through today, and the only hangup was one hollow point, Aguila I think, that caught the edge of the chamber. Regular MMs ran perfectly. HPs won’t expand at those speeds anyway, so RNs are okay.

There’s some slop in the fit of that piece that works as the slide-lock, ejector, and empty mag lock. Next time I decide to futz with it, I’ll get another piece to try with two of those retainer springs to hold it in place better. Meanwhile, its back in the rotation.

Meanwhile, the Beretta is getting broken in, which apparently is a thing with them. Had two misfeeds in multiple mags full today. Gotta watch my hand position or the slide will cut the fat part of my hand behind the web. Left-hand shooting puts that on the other side where the slide is above it. It does shoot to POA, but not as well as the Ruger…..yet.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got the Tomcat 32 version. Fun little pistols.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It looks like we define "Pocket Rocket" differently...Tom

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pappy, thanks for the info. For $300 (after rebate) that's a bargain of note. I sold one years ago and have thought about another. The .32 is a great pocket gun when you can't carry something larger.

Ordered the Kale Slushy. Why not right...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by thomasconnor
It looks like we define "Pocket Rocket" differently...Tom

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Okay, pocket bottle rocket then.

I have other compact 9s for carry outside the home, a good idea these days I think, and multiple holsters, including a new “universal fit” belly band one that’s very comfortable, secure, and flexible as to carry position. The .22s get toted around the home, or when I’m out in the woods with something bigger. The Ruger has already put a finisher in a buck without making a mess or a noticeable mark.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Don't want to hijack - but what belly band did you get, Pappy?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
VNSH. Just tried it this morning and it’ll hold my S&W 5.7 with red dot and a spare mag. Strong side, weak side, kidney, appendix. Weak side is like having a shoulder holster.

Mrgunsngear did a promo for it with a big discount and contest in a recent review of something else.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Thanks, Pappy - I'll check them out.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If that is anything like the .32 version, be careful taking off the left grip panel. The grip panel holds the safety spring, plunger, and ball detent in place. These are under spring pressure and are prone to fly off into the universe to places undiscovered by mankind. To complicate this they are tiny little parts that are incredibly hard to find on a carpeted floor. If it is necessary to take that grip panel off, stick that sucker into a bread sack or clear plastic bag so that if things rocket off the gun they will be retained inside the bag.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the warning, and the tip about the baggie!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tech Tip - If you remove the grips with the hammer either down or in the half cocked position, the safety lever and it's hellish components is captured and will not disassemble itself. If the hammer is back when you remove the grip, then all hell breaks loose.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
More good stuff. Thanks.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Definitely got a good price on it, after the rebate. Hopefully it proves to be very reliable. Neat little guns.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My previous Tomcat took some breaking in before it was 100% reliable. I suspect the new one I ordered will be the same. Put 50-100 rounds through it then decide if it's reliable enough to carry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Tech Tip - If you remove the grips with the hammer either down or in the half cocked position, the safety lever and it's hellish components is captured and will not disassemble itself. If the hammer is back when you remove the grip, then all hell breaks loose.

That could be, I don't remember in what position the hammer was in when I had my rodeo. However I did it, I did it wrong and spent a couple of hours on my hands and knees examining every strand of carpet in my man cave. A plastic bag large enough to stick both hands and the gun into is an easy safety measure just in case something goes sideways.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've been considering one. Please let us know how the reliability is when you have enough time to test it well.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I love the idea of the Bobcat, but the one I had just wasn't reliable even if you kept it super clean. I may bite the bullet and buy another one some day.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (16penny, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 38 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,869
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.