Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
If anyone on this forum or any other forum has been scammed by a Michael Spector in Phoenix Arizona please contact me. I am working with a detective that has found Mr. Spector. The problem is the D.A. is hesitant to do much as Mr. Spector was smart enough to keep his scams under $1,000 and unless multiple people come forward he will escape prosecution.

Moderator feel free to post this anywhere you would like.

My opportunity to take the buck of my life now presented itself, I was as nervous as a small nun at a penguin shoot.

NRA Endowment Member
Life Member Ruger Collectors Assoc.
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ttt

I like guns | optics | fishing
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
TTT, Thanks for the heads up!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
User name?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We need a member in phoenix to “pay him a visit”…..

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He attempted to scam me a couple years ago on a Kimber Montana 223. Id found the same pics online and caught his photoshopped attempt at putting his name and date with the gun. I agreed to buy the rifle and send him a USPS MO. He repeatedly made the point that he wanted me to get a tracking number for the MO to which I forgot oops! I led him along for about two weeks that the MO should arrive any day. He even wanted me to go back to the PO and see if they could track it. Finally, I couldn’t resist any longer and asked him how many trips he’d made to someone else’s mailbox looking for it, and told him I gotta kick out of wasting his two weeks.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Good for you!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
User name?
What was his user name or email

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Keep this near the top.

NRA Endowment Member
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
ttt

IC B3

R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
WL205 Please contact me. If this was the same guy the detective from Phoenix would like as much information or documentation that you can provide. Again, this is not about the money as much as it is about the principal involved. I have successfully purchased items on this forum and others without an issue and thought I was doing due diligence. This guy is a pro. He provided me a drivers license that matched one of his addresses, but when Phoenix PD ran the license it was fake. However, they found him from other email evidence I provided as well as the endorsement of my canceled check.

The purpose of this post is to give hope to others on this forum that may have been scammed. There is no guarantee of recovering money or the firearm you thought you were buying but the satisfaction that he can be prosecuted on felony charges rather than overlooked as misdemeanor offense.

My opportunity to take the buck of my life now presented itself, I was as nervous as a small nun at a penguin shoot.

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's always a lazy scumbag out ther looking to scam someone. I'm sorry it happened on this site.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
You’d think it’d be easier just to get a damn job, lol. Hope the turd gets nailed.

R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I just received an email from the detective in Phoenix handling this case. He says he interviewed the turd and his stories did not jive. Problem is this guy is 79 years old and the county attorney may not prosecute unless a few more come forward. Every victim/witness helps to assure he will not pick up where he left off. He is well aware that the DA may not prosecute so he goes silent for a few months, hits a new forum, but same MO. He needs to be held accountable. If any of you are on any other forums that Mr. Spector may have pulled the same scam please reach out to the members or give me the lead to do so via PM. I am 72 so I have no sympathy for this guy. He knows exactly what he is doing and flaunting it.

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
M
M
Wish I could help on this. Good luck nailing this guy. What a jerk.

R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Spread the word on this and other forums and that is a great help

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
ttt

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
What. Is. His. Username?

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Apparently, the OP doesn't know or remember the username.

If I talk over you, I apologize. I'm afraid I will lose my train-of-thought.
R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
He use several. Graybar was one, something "ghost", etc. etc. He hits then is gone coming back with a new email and location but checks all go to Phoenix AZ. Again, I am looking for anyone else that got scammed here or on other forums. They will recognize the name Michael Spector.

The Phoenix detective is going for a court order to secure his financial records.

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (44mc, 35, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,733 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,456
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.