Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by broomd
Most of us won't be here when the EV club finally achieves engineering and efficiency perfection, but that day will indeed come.

The second fastest lap turned at Nurburgring was done by an EV and the fastest was a plug in hybrid.
so, against a Fossil Fuel race car with a full tank, who turns more laps/goes further before a refuel/charge?... has anybody run a 500 mile race, EV vs FF, refuel vs recharge/battery swap... curious the outcome?..

GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No matter what else happens, the Left threw him under the bus. So, I give him credit for that much.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Teslas are one trick ponies. Great straight line acceleration, but let’s run 24 hours and Sebring at see what happens.

It took fifty years to perfect the I.C.E. American car and truck. Some might say much longer than that with fuel injection, etc. Most of us won't be here when the EV club finally achieves engineering and efficiency perfection, but that day will indeed come.

EVs aren’t a new idea. In fact, they’re a very old one; one that failed over 100 years ago. The only difference between then and now is the battery technology. They would not be a thing today if it weren’t for the government subsidies you and I are paying for them to exist. Go check out your local charging stations. You will find they don’t work or if they do, the government poured $10,000,000 into them. I can’t remember the last time I heard of the government putting in a gas station. EVs make sense for those who are commuting back and forth to work perhaps, but every person I know who has one also has an ICE vehicle as well. My crystal ball is broken, so we’ll have to see what subsidies exist going forward for the EVs. If they continue, then you are probably right.

The original electric car was designed for women. Nothing has changed in 100 years...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
so, against a Fossil Fuel race car with a full tank, who turns more laps/goes further before a refuel

Feel free to move the goalposts wherever you need to.

But the answer just about everywhere you want to plant them is the plug in hybrid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And mopeds get better mileage than a superbike.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Porsches aren’t dragsters.

Exactly. I don't buy a 911 to go fast in a straight line. I buy a 911 to go very fast in a curved line.

Exactly. Like the tail of the dragon. I'll race Elon for pinks on a curvy road anyday. Although with a factory powerkit - mine will do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is, apparently, some massive groundbreaking tech implementation in the Cybertruck.

Still, I feel this is just a “statement “ vehicle for urbanites. 10 bales of hay? 7500 lb trailer for 200 miles round trip?

Jason Camissa likened it to the Lamborghini LM002, and he’s not particularly wrong IMHO. But who really needed an LM002?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Still, I feel this is just a “statement “ vehicle for urbanites.

It is a statement vehicle for sure. Like a Deagle, unusual and interesting but highly impractical.

I have not gotten a delivery date for the one I have on order but it is the 3 motor version so probably still many months away. There are loads of scenarios I could concoct that it won't be suited to or be able to do at all, but I'm not stuck with a 1 vehicle motor pool so all will probably be well here at the house. My oldest son wants to shoot it on Day Zero. I intend to roll down to South Lake Tahoe to troll boomers. Maybe see how well it crawls off road. Beyond that no idea what to do with it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My brother has a Tesla car, I ride in it frequently. It accelerates like no other vehicle I have ever seen.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Musk designed the truck to look exactly like a wedge of cheese...

The humor in that level of trolling... is so damn funny I literally LOL every time I see a "Cyber Truck" video...

GOAT trollmaster...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CashisKing

The humor in that level of trolling... is so damn funny I literally LOL every time I see a "Cyber Truck" video...

GOAT trollmaster...

Watch the Cybertruck video I posted, if you haven't already. The vehicle is pretty stinking amazing. It's definitely not for me, but some of the firsts in production vehicles will quite likely change how all vehicles are made in the future.

I intend to roll down to South Lake Tahoe to troll boomers.

You are kidding, right? Tahoe? Home to about a bazillion techies vacation homes? Yours will be one of hundreds...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing

GOAT trollmaster...

Watch the Cybertruck video I posted, if you haven't already. The vehicle is pretty stinking amazing. It's definitely not for me, but some of the firsts in production vehicles will quite likely change how all vehicles are made in the future.

Of course you are right on the mechanics... but the wedge of cheese profile is also 100% deliberate trolling.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I intend to roll down to South Lake Tahoe to troll boomers.

You are kidding, right? Tahoe? Home to about a bazillion techies vacation homes? Yours will be one of hundreds...

Probably right. It would be more rare on the Carson City side but according to posts here it won't have the range.

But the good thing about boomers is if they see one at a stoplight and get mad, they'll have forgotten by the next stoplight and it will be a completely new experience.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOL'd

What I'd do, is stick a generator in the "bed", then drive hwy 50 through NV and UT. Randomly park on the street in every small town and grab a small meal while charging off the generator. Minds would absolutely explode.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ngrumba
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Porsches aren’t dragsters.

Exactly. I don't buy a 911 to go fast in a straight line. I buy a 911 to go very fast in a curved line.

Exactly. Like the tail of the dragon. I'll race Elon for pinks on a curvy road anyday. Although with a factory powerkit - mine will do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That is a beautiful 911.

Hybrids make some sense. Battery resources owned mostly by CCP, a grid that is suspect nation wide, war against anything not solar of wind, and mostly the range and length of time to charge make full electric....crap compared to hydrocarbons

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 1_deuce, 48 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,989
Posts18,481,059
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.