Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
If anybody reads the directions from Ken Oehler on how to set up a 35 (or 33) it doesn't take more than at most 5 minutes.
That's true but I won't attempt to set mine up at the local public range. When I want to use it now it requires a trip to the national forest. Have a Garmin on order.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
GB1

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
i still use my Oehler 35 but where i live winter and snow makes it harder to use then , but i am very interested in the new Garmin unit and no i don`t believe everyone either anymore.show me where someone got good readings while shooting a 17 Remington with 25 gr. bullets that could read every bullet that shot 4,000 FPS my Oehler stii does.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I wonder if you can get an Abacus app for an iPhone?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by pete53
i still use my Oehler 35 but where i live winter and snow makes it harder to use then , but i am very interested in the new Garmin unit and no i don`t believe everyone either anymore.show me where someone got good readings while shooting a 17 Remington with 25 gr. bullets that could read every bullet that shot 4,000 FPS my Oehler stii does.

So buy it yourself, quicker than anyone else can get it, and test it yourself. Report back, quit whining.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JGRaider

So buy it yourself, quicker than anyone else can get it, and test it yourself. Report back, quit whining.

you use the word whining loosely when your hidden behind a keyboard ,someday do it in front of me ,then you will see who will be whining . some of you guys just don`t seem to be positive or respectful and that is to bad for this site. > put your pants on like a man and grow up JGRaider !

Last edited by pete53; 12/04/23.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting
1 year warranty. Or buy a 2 year extended for 60 or 3 years for 90.
Non replaceable internal battery
Needs smartphone or computer to off load data.
Reviews on smartphone app are not positive.

Swifty
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Interesting

that`s my thought too ? i want something to last 10 years or more ? for the price of this Garmin there should be a 3-5 year warranty with the price of the new Garmin ? nothing mentioned about if unit get`s froze either ? my old 35 Oehler don`t care what temp it is except i might need a new battery.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting

that`s my thought too ? i want something to last 10 years or more ? for the price of this Garmin there should be a 3-5 year warranty with the price of the new Garmin ? nothing mentioned about if unit get`s froze either ? my old 35 Oehler don`t care what temp it is except i might need a new battery.

Should have added it has specific operating and charging temps

Operating temperature range
From -10º to 55ºC (from 14º to 131ºF)
Charging temperature range
From 0º to 45°C (from 32º to 113°F)

Swifty
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Interesting

yep with how to store this unit too ? i would rather be able to change a battery out myself .

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Will say that IME rechargeable lithium-ion batteries 3-5 years max. Even batteries in cell phones and wireless Bluetooth devices start degrading after 1-2 years.

Swifty
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Not sure the battery issue is an issue. At full charge the unit can run for 6 hours. When I was at the range, I turned the unit off when not in use. So at the most, it operated maybe 25 total minutes to record 75 shots.

And unlike the cell phone analogy, one is not charging and discharging the chrono daily. So the cycle rate may well exceed 5 to 8 years. By then, the next generation will be out.

YMMV

Last edited by STRSWilson; 12/04/23.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
HOW LONG DO LITHIUM-ION BATTERIES LAST IN STORAGE?

How long lithium-ion batteries last when used is one thing—but what about when you store them? After all, that might affect whether or not you want to pick up that “used” battery at the flea market.

A number of factors affect a battery pack’s lifespan on the shelf. Let’s start with some best practices. You want to store your batteries at approximately 50% charge if you don’t intend to use them again within a week or so. Some manufacturers may have slight variations on that, but in general, 50% ensures you don’t decrease the battery storage capacity while it sits.

From time to time you also need to check your battery packs as they might drain slightly. Ensure the packs don’t completely drain by keeping them around 50% or whatever level the manufacturer recommends. Do that, and you can expect your batteries to last up to 3-5 years in storage.

Swifty
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

you use the word whining loosely when your hidden behind a keyboard ,someday do it in front of me ,then you will see who will be whining . some of you guys just don`t seem to be positive or respectful and that is to bad for this site. > put your pants on like a man and grow up JGRaider !

You and Swifty make a good pair. He's the clown who couldn't figure out how to apply Dyna Bore Coat to a rifle barrel.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
If anybody reads the directions from Ken Oehler on how to set up a 35 (or 33) it doesn't take more than at most 5 minutes.
That's true but I won't attempt to set mine up at the local public range. When I want to use it now it requires a trip to the national forest. Have a Garmin on order.

I've had a Magnetospeed for several years, set up on a stand so it can be used on the benches at the local range--which isn't public, though half the people in the county belong to it. My MS still works fine for that purpose, especially since I'm not shooting targets/chronographing nearly as much as I used to for articles....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

You and Swifty make a good pair. He's the clown who couldn't figure out how to apply Dyna Bore Coat to a rifle barrel.

Well damn it took 71 years but I finally found someone namely you that’s never had a visit from uncle Murphy. Must be really boring waking up every morning knowing the day is going to be perfect.

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by aalf
There's literally thousands of reviews out there beyond the Fire, all positive, from BB guns on up, live a little.

I shot over one a couple weeks back.....6.5 PRC and 300 WSM. Read within single digits of my trusty Pro Chrono with a furnace filter diffuser. wink -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And given supply and demand, sell it if it doesn't meet expectations without losing much, if any, money.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

yep with how to store this unit too ? i would rather be able to change a battery out myself .

So don't buy one...problem solved.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Not sure the battery issue is an issue. At full charge the unit can run for 6 hours. When I was at the range, I turned the unit off when not in use. So at the most, it operated maybe 25 total minutes to record 75 shots.

And unlike the cell phone analogy, one is not charging and discharging the chrono daily. So the cycle rate may well exceed 5 to 8 years. By then, the next generation will be out.

YMMV

Not an issue, if the battery eventually dies you can simply connect a cheap battery pack to it via usb C.

I have one and absolutely do not regret the purchase as it is a better mousetrap. If someone else feels different then the answer is easy...don't buy one.

[Linked Image]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (204guy, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 49 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,406
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.