V

GB1

V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
If hunters in the effected states quit buying deer tags and other hunting licenses, States Deer Deputies would feel the crunch. It’s all about the money…

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
No. You live in a state run by leftwards and they set your game laws.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
You’re an idiot.

The wolf is under control of the Federal Government and the States have no authority to manage it.

Now go fuqk yourself you ignorant fuqk.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by viking
If hunters in the effected states quit buying deer tags and other hunting licenses, States Deer Deputies would feel the crunch. It’s all about the money…

That may be what is wanted. Many CO’s I see these days in well pressed uniforms and shiney new trucks seem much more involved handing out tickets at the boat landings on sunny days than trudging thru cold mud and early snows to check deer hunters in the many bush deer camps.

30-40 years ago the Wardens I helped from time to time were a very impressive bunch of do what it takes people. Now a days sitting clean and quiet tagging ATV riders as they pass by seems the mainstay.

My place in the northern remote bush of MN has seen first the decimation of the moose, then the deer herd in the last 30 years with the unchecked rise of the wolf population. My 2 mile long private driveway bridges low areas where moose pictures by the handful were taken, deer were stupid thick. Used to be. The wolves have gotten very good at killing bears as well, but at least bears can climb to safety unlike the ungulates.

It’s sad to see the rise of an uncontrolled apex predator and the damage/change it can cause, sort of a metaphor for other things happening these days?

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
But golly gee whiz uff da hotdish doncha know the woofie numbers have stayed exactly the same for years and years.....I agree with Osky, the mndnr has little interest in seeing hunting continue. All by design if you ask me.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Don’t carry a cell phone or watch and start shooting said wolves with a rifle that will penetrate through and through and leave no ballistic evidence. Make the shot, do not check on said wolf, do no care if it is wounded or dead, and walk the other way quickly. And do not drive anywhere near said wolf in a vehicle made after 1997 or so.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/06/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by viking

There is truth to this but it is also true the end goal is to put a stop to hunting all together. So “they” win no matter what. Maybe a campaign showing how viciously a pack of wolves take down their prey and consume them while they are still alive. But that would take money and organization.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by steve4102
You’re an idiot.

The wolf is under control of the Federal Government and the States have no authority to manage it.

Not exactly smart guy, wolves used to be hunted in MN but the libs are keeping it from happening now, basically Tim Waltz. If what you say is true then why can you hunt them in 3 western states? That’s right, states can manage them.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by cfran
Originally Posted by steve4102
You’re an idiot.

Not exactly smart guy, wolves used to be hunted in MN but the libs are keeping it from happening now, basically Tim Waltz. If what you say is true then why can you hunt them in 3 western states? That’s right, states can manage them.
LOL

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Wolves are tough on yarded deer here in the winter. After that the spring comes and wolves go into overtime hunting for the new pups. Moose calves and fawns are pretty easy pickings.
In all fairness bears are very good fawn killers as are our bobcats and remaining coyotes. 4-5 lb newborns are an opening snack tender and juicy.

Without dangers to the pack such as hunting there is not the fear of man there once was. That leaves them able to hunt 24/7 where the daylight hours used to be a time deer could move, feed, then hunker down and be less obvious to the predators. Adding daylight hunting to wolves really brings all senses to bear and gives prey no break. With multiple hungry numbers they are a daunting force.
I’ve heard them here all my life, seen sign. These days the frequency they cross the lake out front here during daylight is remarkable. Nothing seems to phase them any more.

I witnessed a pack of 4 make a kill years ago on a big doe. It was incredible and quick they way it was done. They are proficient to say the least. I’ve heard two kills happening I couldn’t see, another deer once and a cow moose birthing where both cow and calf were killed. They do not often fail nor give up.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 12/06/23.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Nollij
But golly gee whiz uff da hotdish doncha know the woofie numbers have stayed exactly the same for years and years.....I agree with Osky, the mndnr has little interest in seeing hunting continue. All by design if you ask me.

There’s lots of reasons the Mn deer population sucks, wolves being one of them.

NRA Patron
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Don’t carry a cell phone or watch and start shooting said wolves with a rifle that will penetrate through and through and leave no ballistic evidence. Make the shot, do not check on said wolf, do no care if it is wounded or dead, and walk the other way quickly. And do not drive anywhere near said wolf in a vehicle made after 1997 or so.

^^That's how ya do it. One was killed north of Medford Oregon last week. US Fish and Wildlife have no clues to go on so are making offers on tv for a 5,000 dollar reward for rat out info.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We are going to have to understand wolves for what they actually are today. They are no longer flesh and blood animals to be protected or hunted, or managed. They are atavistic representations of an idealized world without humans raised to near sacred status by anti human cultists. As such, these people react to the killing of a wolf in the same way a religious devotee would react to the desecration of a sacred object. It isn’t rational and they really do care more about the wolves, or at least what they represent, than they do you. They want you gone from the face of the earth.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/06/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This has been the plan of the anti's since long before the wolf introduction. The plan was to use large predators to reduce game animals to the level where hunting would have to be stopped. It didn't work so well in the northern Rockies but it seems to be working in MN. Now they're putting more wolves in CO to thin out the elk.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There is no reason for a Wolf to exist.

I have seen them destroy the best Mule deer hunting I have seen in a couple years.
It isn't the Wolves that need to disappear.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
LOL? So I’m wrong?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Cell phone location or any other location device is not enough evidence to convict you. Your big mouth will though. If questioned, do not lie. Simply say "I am not going to make a statement". Then ask if you are being detained. If they say no then you say "I want you to leave" or if you are not on your property just walk away, get in your truck, and leave.

Once you say you are not going to make a statement, don't.

Your big mouth can certainly convict you and some officers will add their version of what you said.

This is one subject that I know whereof I speak.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by Nollij

There’s lots of reasons the Mn deer population sucks, wolves being one of them.

Correct, reduction in logging and a few tough winters aren’t helping either.

But these guys that say that it’s only the Feds are wrong, states play a major role in whether or not they can be hunted.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
There is no reason for a Wolf to exist.

I have seen them destroy the best Mule deer hunting I have seen in a couple years.
It isn't the Wolves that need to disappear.

673;
Top of the morning to you my friend, if you're getting the soggy weather like we are, I hope the fire's burning bright for you all and that you're all well.

We've had wolves here for about a decade now, maybe a couple years more, but this season we were cutting their tracks everywhere. That's both east of us over into the West Kettle and up on the Aberdeen Plateau country too. Crazy amount of wolf tracks in both areas.

Have never seen so few mulies in 40 years and I mean no tracks in fresh snow for miles.

Something moved the elk herd right out of the entire drainage too.

Saw photos of a young fellow I taught CORE to a few years back who took a big one that came into his elk calling back in September.

For the first time ever during the last week of whitetail season I had a wolf howl back to me and then come in. It made a half circle in the timber, but I didn't see it ever.

Unless we get too much snow so we can't get in, we're going to see if we can call again.

Lots of coyotes up there too this year.

I'm not sure we can shoot enough of them to put a dent in their population, but we'll give it a go.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,810 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,616
Posts18,473,953
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.