Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
https://reason.com/2017/09/08/penn-law-prof-amy-wax-on-her-controversi/

"There has been one silver lining for Wax: support has poured in from people around the country. She has received quiet whispers of support at Penn, but the real show of support 'has come from ordinary citizens, from the forgotten man, and many have been quite thoughtful and intelligent. I have learned—although I already knew—the progressive professoriat really is despised by a good part of the citizenry. People believe that the elite academy is destroying our country, and what's good about it.'"

Last edited by Tarquin; 12/12/23.

Tarquin

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by smokepole
Jeez Paul, ain't it obvious? The ref called a 3 second violation and by my count it was only 2 1/2 seconds

He deserved an ass-whoopin.'

FOUR refs for a damn 4th grade basketball game. Good lort.

Paul;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day in your part of LA has started out with promise and you're all well.

As a parent attending high school sports, I was somewhat surprised to see that the same kids who played volleyball earlier in the year turned into little savages on the basketball court.

Likewise their parents' behavior deteriorated noticeably for the entire basketball season, but by next year's volleyball season they'd all - parents and kids that is to say - returned to some semblance of normality.

Our youngest was quite involved with high school basketball, being voted team captain 3 years in a row by her team, then turning to coaching in her senior year and is now a high school teacher who - that's right - coaches both basketball and volleyball.

That said, this fall she refused to coach one particular group, though for the life of me I think it was boys and not girls Paul, but she said they were a bunch of non attentive miscreants whose behavior didn't warrant or deserve her time. It was something like that... wink

She's got two degrees and some other stuff behind her name, so can string verbiage together in a substantially better manner than I'll ever be able to.

Although our kids didn't play hockey, I hear that hockey parents are the absolute worst, but that's an "I hear" so please take it as such.

All the best to you all this Christmas Season Paul.

Dwayne

Thanks for the well wishes Dwayne, and likewise I hope you and yours enjoy your Christmas.

Things are very different these days than they were when I played basketball. My parents expected my coach to correct me. They expected my neighbors to correct me. They expected my teachers to correct me. Then when I got home, there was more correction in store for me. Today, parents make the job of teachers, coaches and neighbors nigh impossible. Today parents think their kids are precious little angels and take offense to anyone setting them straight.

You are painting with a rather broad brush.

Some coaches/teachers are good. A lot are idiots. Some are downright dangerous.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Tarquin
This is certainly not another cookie cutter, mind-dead copy, paste and run report. Fourth graders playing basketball and the adults in the room have a brawl. Why in the hell does a 4th grade game need four refs?

https://www.tmz.com/2023/12/11/refe...uth-basketball-lakewood-police-colorado/

You completely missed the elephant in the room---the race of the combatants.

That didn't register with me. I did note that they were all males. Since males are responsible for an overwhelming amount of violence in this country should we hold prejudices against all males and hurl invective at them categorically?

Come on Paul. While it’s true males are overwhelmingly responsible for most violence, black males are overwhelmingly responsible for most violence in the male population.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by LBP
This is certainly not another cookie cutter, mind-dead copy, paste and run report. Fourth graders playing basketball and the adults in the room have a brawl. Why in the hell does a 4th grade game need four refs?

That didn't register with me. I did note that they were all males. Since males are responsible for an overwhelming amount of violence in this country should we hold prejudices against all males and hurl invective at them categorically?

Come on Paul. While it’s true males are overwhelmingly responsible for most violence, black males are overwhelmingly responsible for most violence in the male population.

Truer words were never spoken.

Tarquin
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LBP

I had a hunch if the conversation turned to race we'd end up with this opportunity.

Let's play with some round numbers here.

Men are 10 times more likely to engage in violent crime than women. It's not okay hate all men, to be bigoted toward all men, to have a prejudicial disposition toward all men and/or to disparage the gender as a whole on account of that.

Blacks men are 5 times more likely than white men to engage in violent crime. That makes it okay to hate all blacks, to be bigoted toward all blacks, to have a prejudicial disposition toward all blacks and/or to disparage the race as a whole.

Please engage in whatever mental gymnastics, moral justification, intellectual dishonesty or obfuscation is necessary to explain that.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by LBP

I had a hunch if the conversation turned to race we'd end up with this opportunity.

Men are 10 times more likely to engage in violent crime than women. It's not okay hate all men, to be bigoted toward all men, to have a prejudicial disposition toward all men and/or to disparage the gender as a whole on account of that.

Blacks men are 5 times more likely than white men to engage in violent crime. That makes it okay to hate all blacks, to be bigoted toward all blacks, to have a prejudicial disposition toward all blacks and/or to disparage the race as a whole.

Please engage in whatever mental gymnastics, moral justification, intellectual dishonesty or obfuscation is necessary to explain that.

Who and where in this thread did anyone argue for hatred and bigotry? Literally, the only person obfuscating and engaging in intellectual dishonesty in this thread is you.

Tarquin
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Who and where in this thread did anyone argue for hatred and bigotry?

This thread? What makes you think my comments are about this thread? Have you not seen the rampant pervasive racial bigotry and prejudice on display in this forum through the years?

Your comment falls squarely in the intellectual dishonesty column.

Next!

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Jeez Paul, ain't it obvious? The ref called a 3 second violation and by my count it was only 2 1/2 seconds

No, TWO. The video shows 2 adjacent courts. The foursome was congregating between games.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by xarcher

No, TWO. The video shows 2 adjacent courts. The foursome was congregating between games.

Okay, I can stand down from my rant.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Who and where in this thread did anyone argue for hatred and bigotry?

This thread? What makes you think my comments are about this thread? Have you not seen the rampant pervasive racial bigotry and prejudice on display in this forum through the years?

Your comment falls squarely in the intellectual dishonesty column.

Next!

Now you're doubling down on your intellectual dishonesty by falsely claiming the people who you invited in this thread to engage in "mental gymnastics, moral obfuscation and intellectual dishonesty [as] necessary" are actually unnamed discussants in another (unnamed) thread who we have no way of knowing are even participating in this one. laugh crazy Your lies are transparent and pathetic. The only discussant in this thread who has said anything provably dishonest is you, repeatedly.

Tarquin
IC B3

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by LBP

Who and where in this thread did anyone argue for hatred and bigotry? Literally, the only person obfuscating and engaging in intellectual dishonesty in this thread is you.
+1

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[/quote]

Now you're doubling down on your intellectual dishonesty by falsely claiming the people who you invited in this thread to engage in "mental gymnastics, moral obfuscation and intellectual dishonesty [as] necessary" are actually unnamed discussants in another (unnamed) thread who we have no way of knowing are even participating in this one. laugh crazy Your lies are transparent and pathetic. The only discussant in this thread who has said anything provably dishonest is you, repeatedly.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Blacks men???

To answer your question, not at all. Not even in the least little bit but even you have to see where a WHOLE LOT of peoples thinking is.

I have no hate of blacks, none. They are people same as me and you and I live in an area where there aren't many. BUT I understand that those who live in an area where there are a lot they may have some preconceptions. You should too.

As to Tarqueen, Fugk him.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why in the hell does a 4th grade game need four refs?

They probably don't - there looks to be multiple courts, multiple games.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (160user, 17CalFan, 222ND, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,515
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.