Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Ozarker Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Would be nice if someone would do a special run of 4x and 6x scopes for us old fudds.

Trijicon Accupoint 6x42 might be nice

GB1

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the idea. Bombproof, with simple illumination.

Arcus Venator
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
A one inch tube 4x accupoint with German #4, and a 6x same with a good holdover reticle would get my bank account shedding funds.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Ozarker
Would be nice if someone would do a special run of 4x and 6x scopes for us old fudds.

Trijicon Accupoint 6x42 might be nice

I agree. At 50, I don’t know if I’ve reached “fudd” status but I like my fixed powers.

Last edited by JTrapper73; 12/14/23.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yep. I do love a 6x42. A mildot reticle with the yellow "dot" would be a nice little scope.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by CRS

There you go...simple, bombproof...with a battery and illumination...how ironic.
Plus if you hunted during legal hours why do you need illuminated?.... asking for a friend.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Great idea. Spend a whole pile of money to engineer and tool up for scopes that will have great sales appeal for at least five guys.

I have three Trijicons now that can easily be set to 6x and left there if I choose….

Take heart, SWFA is promising “More to come in 2024”. Maybe the long-awaited illuminated SS is in the works!

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
yup I wonder if trijicon will put some time and effort into their 1" tube accupoint? they could really take a slice of the leupold owned pie at this point as they're being kicked pretty hard right now and taking heavy fire lol

mimic anything from the vx3hd 1" line up with the green dot duplex and their mil-dot green is awesome too, and also German #4 green

also mimic their fx2 2.5x ultralight...by all means make it sturdy over ultralight, offer the green dot duplex and German #4 green, 4" eye relief be fine, I bet that little puppy would fly off the shelves, a 4x32 the 6x36 would also go over well, 2.5-8x36, 1-4 in 1"....

anyone have some pull at trijicon?

I was looking through their 1" 3-9's last night also in their other lines but keep feeling the same thing...they would be perfect to chase the pure hunters market right now as their gear appears to have what it takes, I've been using 3-9x accupoints for awhile now and love them, one of the best hunting scopes going, green dot duplex or the mil-dot, Kenton even makes speed dial turrets and I have found they rtz and track just peachy but I don't super test like you see proper reviewers do. A cds-zl style turret could be an option to copy also but walk before run. If doing a turret for elevation the cds-zl is the bomb. One thing to note with 3-9 accupoints is only 12 moa per rotation vs 15 moa in 1" leupolds just fyi...still takes slow 6.5 grendel 16" barrel 123gr past 500 from a 200 yard zero so it's not a huge deal, most hunters would happily get by on 12 moa, I have been, kids have dial ups at 300, 355 and myself 420 so far from said little grendel...scope has been awesome, dial back down, put away after season, next trip to the range test zero and could not hit gong more in the middle at 200 yards first shot, very confidence inspiring. Dot size also good, at 425 yards the green dot from duplex or mil-dot duplex covers 4-5" of my 15" gong, coyotes and larger out to 500 no issues with that, great close range and instinctive for the kids also and the illuminated. green dot is money for black bears up close also, my kid can tell you at 10 yards, lots of fur, facing him and no issue putting that pretty little dot under the chin where he wanted...so low light, timber, dark animals in low light etc. it's a very fast and awesome hunting scope. Calling coyotes also, brightest sunny days full snow scape...dot still glows more than the light around you and so easy to see on the dogs.

and lastly, I've bugged holosun about this online...they have awesome solar technology, very compact, their reflex sights don't even need a battery to run in the day and actually don't use the battery until the solar runs out of light to power their dot, but even better yet they just came out with a capacitor in place of the battery which does 2 things, no more batteries required for night use as the solar charges the capacitor when light is available and so it will run nights/blinds etc. and its super compact that would easily fit in a scope build as compared to fibre optic or battery options, look how small it is on those reflex sights, that should be looked at in the scope community to get away from batteries, hope someone of reputation like trijicon starts tearing apart those holosuns and figure some stuff out, batteries suck, we have the technology to go away from batteries, how simple a little solar panel to a mini capacitor that can power a micro led center dot of a reticle for ages before discharge or finding light to charge back up again

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Take it from an old telephone man, capacitors can and do go bad. They also de-form, lose their charge over time. How long that takes with modern ones is a mystery to me. If they offered one with user-replaceable capacitors or that would also accept a battery, that would be better. Redundant is good, every layer of redundancy is even better.

Personally, I find the dual FO and tritium Accupoints more than sufficient. Will see how the tritium looks say, ten years from now, but it is factory serviceable.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Great idea. Spend a whole pile of money to engineer and tool up for scopes that will have great sales appeal for at least five guys.

I have three Trijicons now that can easily be set to 6x and left there if I choose….

Take heart, SWFA is promising “More to come in 2024”. Maybe the long-awaited illuminated SS is in the works!

hopefully they have some pure hunting options in mind as being discussed in this thread, the more the merrier

world is slowing rebounding from the prs fad and those who fack around and find out realize there are natural laws to hunting that can't be overcome by gear when only throwing projectiles of x velocity ranges and x bc ranges, goal posts don't really move that far even when shooting the fastest slipperiest stuff when it comes to consistently killing animals

the larger hurdles learned are field accuracy, reading wind, and live animal factors...which despite all the gear available gets a moderate amount of guys consistent killers to 450 and very few to 600...'consistent killers'...not once in a blue moon had no wind I'm a hero lr hunter now lol...that doesn't count as consistent killers, if anyone wants to actually find out their own limits on this they can see how far they consistently kill coyotes at and then double that for big game, just to give idea, anyone wants to argue that ask them their longest coyote and how many over 400 they have, now apply that to all hunters, even when polled the the prs crowd has a majority that say they limit their hunting to about half what they compete at, 5-600 is common number thrown out to where they feel comfy on game to in hunting....even if they don't verbalize why the same way I do

these aren't gear limits really, they are people/animal/conditions limits and it's the same in archery/bowhunting, they shoot 80-100 yards in the 3d's and the odd guy kills out that far but live shooting and bow in hand year round, and for most that's way past the point of diminishing returns to put that much more time in a year just to be consistent another 30% further, most of it is 50-70 yard for the competent guys and consistent killing which coincides with 1/2 to 3/4 second tof's which mirror 450 to 600 yard rifle stuff...

and the more we come full circle on all this and focus on gear that cleans things up specifically for hunting knowing and understanding the natural laws that govern consistent killing abilities for majority.....we should see more robust yet simple, compact, pure hunting options available...as there really isn't that much elevation to compensate for, it's a small amount of data from mpbr to 600, and most can't call wind better than 20" and our minds are spatially and visually wired so holding up to that against the target is actually the best way (fastest and most natural to our brain wiring)...unless you don't know physical measures then you're handicapped to start and will need some reference points for wind holds and something to tell you which ones to use but will slow you down a bit and of course reduce chances likely reducing your overall consistent kill distances

look forward to some forward thinking manufacturers to get ahead of this a bit and start giving what many pure hunters have been asking for more of for a long time, maybe since always lol

ok...enter the Fudd jokes wink

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 12/14/23.
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Take it from an old telephone man, capacitors can and do go bad. They also de-form, lose their charge over time. How long that takes with modern ones is a mystery to me. If they offered one with user-replaceable capacitors or that would also accept a battery, that would be better. Redundant is good, every layer of redundancy is even better.

Personally, I find the dual FO and tritium Accupoints more than sufficient. Will see how the tritium looks say, ten years from now, but it is factory serviceable.

yes worked with electric motor start capacitors, agree, and holosun says when it quits send it it they will change it, no different than trijicon does with the tritium, the good news for both is that most of us who can't hunt nights won't ever need to send anything back in for a capacitor or tritium as the solar or fibre optic works primary anyway, I have an older accupoint 3-9 green dot duplex with dead tritium and fibre optic works 15 min before and after legal light which for us is 1/2 hour before/after sunrise/set, so it's a 45 min before/after sunrise/set functional, capacitor has potential to run a long long time though, I really like the idea over a battery, way more compact and lightweight

for true night hunters though maybe batteries make most sense, I can see that argument no prob

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by CRS

There you go...simple, bombproof...with a battery and illumination...how ironic.
Plus if you hunted during legal hours why do you need illuminated?.... asking for a friend.

you don't need illuminated, did it forever without, wonder why bowhunters use fibre optic pins...illuminated or ambient light amplified? is that ok for the ethics police?

ask your friend if he's ever had black bear at 10 yards with a duplex reticle? how bout dark moose in thick timber at low light? but still legal light...

has your friend ever tried to teach kids to shoot and hunt? wanna bet the lighted dot is very intuitive fast and natural for them?

which also goes for aging eyes on us old Fudd's? I bought my first accupoint 3-9 green dot duplex not for the illuminated dot but for the reputation for glass clarity and it's light weight and low mounting ability...but fell in love with that dot, it's unbelievable intuitive in real hunting situations when you go on auto-pilot...so now that I have experienced that...it was a no brainer for bringing the kids into the game and they have killed amazingly well

can I ask your friend if you're just a young whipper snapper still in your prime and haven't contemplated all the reasons why illuminated reticles?, at least the center dot, is an amazing hunting aid lol wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So does the solar power charge the capacitor?
I have had to replace capacitor’s in Citizen Eco Drive watches for a few customers. Not many but they do fail.
Funny thing is they look very similar to a watch battery..

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 338reddog
So does the solar power charge the capacitor?
I have had to replace capacitor’s in Citizen Eco Drive watches for a few customers. Not many but they do fail.
Funny thing is they look very similar to a watch battery..

yes, same thing, they are marketing it as a solar recharging battery...because they think it will confuse general public any other way, it's just a capacitor, for us more technical folks that's even better than rechargeable battery imo, last way longer, way less headaches

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stinkycoyote
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by CRS

you don't need illuminated, did it forever without, wonder why bowhunters use fibre optic pins...illuminated or ambient light amplified? is that ok for the ethics police?

ask your friend if he's ever had black bear at 10 yards with a duplex reticle? how bout dark moose in thick timber at low light? but still legal light...

has your friend ever tried to teach kids to shoot and hunt? wanna bet the lighted dot is very intuitive fast and natural for them?

which also goes for aging eyes on us old Fudd's? I bought my first accupoint 3-9 green dot duplex not for the illuminated dot but for the reputation for glass clarity and it's light weight and low mounting ability...but fell in love with that dot, it's unbelievable intuitive in real hunting situations when you go on auto-pilot...so now that I have experienced that...it was a no brainer for bringing the kids into the game and they have killed amazingly well

can I ask your friend if you're just a young whipper snapper still in your prime and haven't contemplated all the reasons why illuminated reticles?, at least the center dot, is an amazing hunting aid lol wink

Some critters are legal to hunt, regardless of the hour as well....

Me

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
[quote=Teal}
Some critters are legal to hunt, regardless of the hour as well....[/quote]

lucky bastards, not up here in communist Canada, batteries would be great for that and all night defence also, camp or home, quarter way into the 21st century illumination should be a norm and we can do it by many ways, solar, fibre, battery, capacitor, tritium...a single dot is a hunting machine as hunting general does put us on auto-pilot and the ilium. dot is so intuitive for this and bulk of hunting situations, doubles for defence, xmas trees are more fack around find out re; hunting but great for other things other than hunting lol, anything works for target stuff

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whining Window Licking CLUELESS Fhuqks,don’t spend any loot. Hint……….

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Spendin' no loot on the high zoot.

Where's pics of the November-to-Remember bucks anyway?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’ve “only” (5) Scopes and (1) Thermal on order currently. Only killed Bucks with (4) different scopes this November. Hint.

Am in second of (5) airports of the day and only expect (2) new rifles and (1) new vehicle this pass. Hint.

Cast & Blast in the AM and countless Window Lickers will be following,if only as per always. Hint.

Keep rattlin’ Pom-Pom’s from the sidelines,despite it being your ONLY “move”. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Meopta straight six was nice

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,827
Posts18,477,918
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.