Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, another thread about him. People keep asking who he is, what does he really stand for, yada yada. I just finished his book "Woke, Inc. Inside Corporate America's Social Justice Scam" published in August 2021, wherein he details exactly how wokeness is evil in a whole bunch of ways, how corporations have used it to further their own ends and gives some specific ways to combat it. Buried in the pages he explains implicitly and explicitly who he is and the things he holds to be important.

The last chapter is titled "Who Are We?", meaning who we are as Americans. Here is the slightly edited conclusion on pages 325-328, those parts I've skipped just make specific references to earlier chapters but don't change the thrust of his statements here:

"At our core, there are and always have been two distinctive ideals that define us as a nation. The first is the American Dream. The second is E Pluribus Unum -- the idea that from many, we Americans become one.

The American Dream is a dream of prosperity, freedom, and opportunity. It's the idea that no matter who your parents are, you can achieve your dreams through hard work, commitment and ingenuity...."

E Pluribus Unum is etched on every American coin, down to the penny. "From many, one." It's the idea that all of us as individuals, freely pursuing our own dreams, from a limitless variety of backgrounds, can unite into a single nation and pledge allegiance to the same flag and freely speak to one another even if they disagree about their politics.

Individualism and unity. Contradictory as these might seem they are each in America's heart. Most of us surely feel these two aspirations within ourselves. The desire for individual freedom and opportunity on the one hand and the desire to be part of something transcending ourselves on the other. America isn't just one of those things. It's both of them.

Our best shot at making the American Dream real is through capitalism. Our best shot at making E Pluribus Unum real is through democracy. That's why capitalism and democracy are the mother and father of America. The year 1776 wasn't just an accident. It was the year of the Declaration of Independence and The Wealth of Nations. It was the year America was born.

...Our prosperity and individual freedom depend on the integrity of capitalism. Our unity and political freedoms depend on the integrity of democracy. With the birth of woke capitalism, we lose both and are left with neither. Wokeness turns E Pluribus Unum on its head -- "from many, one" to "from one, many". It perverts the American Dream into an American nightmare in which the characteristics you inherit at birth determine who you are and what you can achieve."...

In the end, America isn't a place at all. It's an idea. We call it the American Dream for a reason. It's not a destination that we reach; it's a vision we aspire to, one that we'll always fall short of but keep pursuing anyway. That's part of what it means to have a dream. But over the last decade, something very scary happened: we woke up. And once you wake up from a dream, you forget what it was all about. That's the real danger of wokeness.

We still have time to get this right. If the 2010s were about celebrating our diversity as individuals, then the 2020s should be about celebrating what we still share in common as people. They should be about reviving the ideals that bind us together as a nation. The American Dream. E Pluribus Unum. From many, one. We shouldn't let self-interested corporations and politicians exploit us with skin-deep identities and cheap social justice causes that they sell us to advance their own agendas. That's just their trick: divide and conquer America by making our shared ideals disappear. Our shared identity has disappeared right along with it.

...(talking about a magic trick from the beginning of the book) it's not enough to make something disappear. You have to bring it back. That's the defining challenge of our time, and it's the most important work we'll ever do as Americans."

It's a good summation of the book. He reminds me more and more of the children of immigrants from the 19th and early 20th centuries, full of idealism about America and what it should be. If you take it cynically then it sounds like a lot of the jingoism politicians use when they wrap themselves in the flag but the rest of the book logically leads up to this.

If you really want to know who the guy is you need to read his books. Or I guess you could just let me read them and report back here on what he says. wink In the next couple of days I'm going to start reading "Nation of Victims - Identity Politics, the Death of Merit, and the Path Back to Excellence".

Btw, the copyright notice in the front of Woke, Inc. says I'm not allowed to upload, publish etc. the material of the book except for review purposes so here's my book review: "It's a good book, I learned a lot from it and recommend it."

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB4

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like what I have seen about him so far.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I read that book when it first came out. I do not believe America is redeemable this point and that is scary to think about.

The way life should be.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dot heads annoy me. Himdu little in the new world other than to make a fortune in business. Graduate of HARVARD. laugh Speaks in many tongues. Do I trust him? Nope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivek_Ramaswamy

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It's a shame that he thinks that our nation was founded as a democracy (It's a representative republic). All the rest sounds good.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thanks for the post, love his message.....but for now I'll reserve judgement, I am more or less in Digit Dan's camp.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Dot heads annoy me. Himdu little in the new world other than to make a fortune in business. Graduate of HARVARD. laugh Speaks in many tongues. Do I trust him? Nope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivek_Ramaswamy

The article, boiled down, says that he's an anti woke successful capitalist Libertarian.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
He always seems to say exactly what he thinks we want to hear.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Boogan1

At the same time he's saying a lot of things that others *don't* want to hear,...including Nikki Haley and the deep state apparatus behind her.

IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
He’s got Grit ..

He’s Extremely Intelligent..

Does He Believe in Good or is He a Demagogue..

He and Emanuel do share one thing their both Populist..

We know Emanuel MO

This Dude is Dark …

Dark is not to be Trusted in this Perilous Juncture between Good and the Wicked ..

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It's a shame that he thinks that our nation was founded as a democracy (It's a representative republic). All the rest sounds good.

Technically speaking we are a democratically elected constitutional representative republic. Or at least we were.

Last edited by bluefish; 12/15/23.

The way life should be.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Every time I hear the word “democracy “ my butt puckers. That’s Hillary’s battle cry. Pure democracy is “two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner “.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The problem with the word "democracy" is that it covers so much territory and interpreted in so many ways. We are a "representative republic" but that is so specific and narrow. A concept that is apparently way too hard for folks to grasp. It takes away from their time at the mall or on fakebook with their friends.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hard pass on the 2 Pajeets running.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe

At the same time he's saying a lot of things that others *don't* want to hear,...including Nikki Haley and the deep state apparatus behind her.
He is playing a very dangerous game, if he is sincere.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by steve4102

Vivek isn't actually running for President in 2024. He's establishing the narrative that Gen Z will have to adopt if it plans on re-establishing a free America.

Most of it is familiar to us old folks. But Gen Z has never heard it before. Gen Z has come of age in a completely different culture than us old folks grew up in.

Vivek is telling Gen Z "old truths". He's presenting them with the alternative to the woke lies that they have been bombarded with since birth.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102

Vivek isn't actually running for President in 2024. He's establishing the narrative that Gen Z will have to adopt if it plans on re-establishing a free America.

Most of it is familiar to us old folks. But Gen Z has never heard it before. Gen Z has come of age in a completely different culture than us old folks grew up in.

Vivek is telling Gen Z "old truths". He's presenting them with the alternative to the work lies that they have been bombarded with since birth.

“America is not a place, it’s a dream”

Yes, he is talking to the youngest generations.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There has been a constant drum beat aimed at the younger generations that "the American Dream is no longer attainable".

That's the foundation of the Lies of the Left.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Dutch
There has been a constant drum beat aimed at the younger generations that "the American Dream is no longer attainable".

That's the foundation of the Lies of the Left.

Agreed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (3dtestify, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 44automag, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,209 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,132
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.