Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've got a couple of good friends with 2023 tundra Iforce Max hybrids. They say 23 mpg on the highway out of them, neither have had any problems. I've got a 2016 tundra 5.7 and I can get 18 mpg highway on the stock tires (non-10 ply) as long as I keep it 65 mph or below, any more than that and the mileage goes in the tank. I have had zero problems out of it also.

I take these reports of "huge problems" with the new Tundra with a grain of salt. Every one I know who has one has been perfect.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by kelbro
My 22 Tundra 1794 gets just at 20mpg on the road and a little over 9mpg pulling a 31' camper. 13K miles and no issues.

That's interesting. My 2016 1794 4x4 Crew with the same engine and rear end would hardly get 17 mpg on flat ground at 70 mph with the cruise on. In town around 14 max. Also had the nav/electronics go out twice before 50k miles. The early 2000 models with the 4.7L V8 were the best ones ever made IMO.

Your 2016 does not have the same engine as the 2022. 2021 was the last year for the V8.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Only thing I don’t like about the 23 Tundra is all the alarms…they get damned annoying. I think this is more reflective of lawyer mandated “safety features” in new cars For what it’s worth, I’d buy the Tundra again tomorrow….. We also plan to upgrade the Sequoia the next year or so.

Like the little coffee cup dash light that reminds you to take a break!
Originally Posted by Teal
Only thing I don’t like about the 23 Tundra is all the alarms…they get damned annoying. I think this is more reflective of lawyer mandated “safety features” in new cars For what it’s worth, I’d buy the Tundra again tomorrow….. We also plan to upgrade the Sequoia the next year or so.

Yeah - thought that was hokey on my Tacoma too but I've never driven it long enough without stopping to trigger it. Just seems like a waste of time.

Turn them off!

🦫

Sway warning and lane departure isn't "the coffee cup" - we're talking about. That coffee cup can't be turned off. I do have Lane departure turned off as I've little use for that. I keep blind spot warning on because it's handy to see the flashing light in the mirrors at times when things are there.

Last edited by Teal; 12/15/23.

Me

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Buddy just bought a brand spanking new one. Sticker was 65k and that was without leather. Still very utilitarian compared to the tech in other trucks at that price range. He pulled my tractor setup the other day with it, about 7500lbs, said it pulled just fine.

Last edited by killerv; 12/15/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Japlvr
My 22 Tundra 1794 gets just at 20mpg on the road and a little over 9mpg pulling a 31' camper. 13K miles and no issues.

That's interesting. My 2016 1794 4x4 Crew with the same engine and rear end would hardly get 17 mpg on flat ground at 70 mph with the cruise on. In town around 14 max. Also had the nav/electronics go out twice before 50k miles. The early 2000 models with the 4.7L V8 were the best ones ever made IMO.

Your 2016 does not have the same engine as the 2022. 2021 was the last year for the V8.

^^^this^^^ Personally, I'd buy a good used late model and get the 5.7 engine. I'm not a turbo fan.

Last edited by Chisos; 12/15/23.
IC B2

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Yeah - thought that was hokey on my Tacoma too but I've never driven it long enough without stopping to trigger it. Just seems like a waste of time.

Turn them off!

🦫

Sway warning and lane departure isn't "the coffee cup" - we're talking about. That coffee cup can't be turned off. I do have Lane departure turned off as I've little use for that. I keep blind spot warning on because it's handy to see the flashing light in the mirrors at times when things are there.

We have the lane departure on our Honda Pilot too. It's annoying but it does shut off. The cruise control was annoying at first but you kind of get used to it. We have it set so I'd hit the brakes before I was tailgating anyway. In heavy traffic, it's kind of nice.

Camp is where you make it.
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by Japlvr

^^^this^^^ Personally, I'd buy a good used late model and get the 5.7 engine. I'm not a turbo fan.

I don't mind the turbos, truthfully. I have them in my current truck. Despite the "internet" telling my they're going to blow at any minute, they've lasted for 170K miles so far. In fact, this truck has been great and I'm hesitant to buy another because it's been trouble free.

The biggest reason that I'm thinking about getting rid of it is the truck prices are coming down finally and it's right on the edge of the tow rating. Another factor is we have 280k between the 2 daily drivers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone

Turn them off!

🦫

We have the lane departure on our Honda Pilot too. It's annoying but it does shut off. The cruise control was annoying at first but you kind of get used to it. We have it set so I'd hit the brakes before I was tailgating anyway. In heavy traffic, it's kind of nice.

Thought I'd hate the adaptive cruise too - I've grown to like it.

Me

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Same here.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

The best my 2017 5.7 Crewcab got was 15.5 on a long trip.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't buy a Tundra for MPG's. There's certainly better options if MPG's are what you're looking for. For what I want a truck for, the Tundra is just about perfect. But I'll be the first to admit, I don't use a truck like a lot of you guys do. I pretty much don't tow anything anymore, don't haul a bunch anymore either, just occasional firewood and dead animals that I don't want in the truck with me. I really like the styling, and comfort, of my 21 Limited, I like everything about it. If it wasn't for the occasional firewood or dead animal, I'd have a Sequoia. Since retiring, I certainly don't have the windshield time I used to have, so fuel consumption is way down. So I guess I'll cling to this truck for as long as possible. I do think it's interesting that with the push for electric vehicles we have today, the ONLY thing being built around my area are new gas stations! Lol!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by Whiptail
It has the lowest quality score for Toyota. Skip to 2:30.

Originally Posted by Whiptail
It has the lowest quality score for Toyota. Skip to 2:30.

Bull$hit

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,200
Posts18,485,185
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.