-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have an older US-made recurve that I’m hoping to give to a kid related to a ‘fire member that’s getting into archery or is into it and would like to try a recurve but can’t find a lefty bow.

It’s an American Archery ‘Flash’ in LH that is 35#. It came as part of a two-fer with another bow I’m keeping and with neither me or my kids being southpaws, we really can’t use it. But it’s a clean bow in good shape and seems like it’s got plenty of life left in it for a young hunter to discover that the older stuff is still a ton of fun to shoot. Riser appears to be maple perhaps?

Couple of things to be aware of… I’m hoping someone local jumps at it and likely I can get it to you before Christmas but I will ship it if need be though if the person claiming it is willing to pay shipping on it. In the event the person claiming it is out of state, I cannot make a firm commitment to get this to you by Christmas. I have an insane week ahead and don’t know if I could get it out in time. Just want to set expectations appropriately.

Also, the riser could use some TLC. I can’t find a single defect anywhere on the bow except for light scratches, but the varnish on the riser should be lightly sanded and reapplied. You could definitely use as-is but could be made beautiful again with a light application of polishing compound and wax on the limbs and then refinish the riser.

There was no string when I bought it.

If you or someone you know could possibly use this to brighten a kids Christmas, please let me know.

Thanks.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fear the crabcat.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
One of the Best guys on the fire
Happy to call Todd a Friend
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Gypsy_Wind, Nice gesture, good on ya. Love to see the kids here getting some help getting started.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I think my oldest grandson would love this! The LH is the only problem. Great gesture. Hoping someone can use it.

Kind gesture bump.

HS 58

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 12/18/23.

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the bumps and the kind words, guys. 😊

This one has found a potential shipped-to home via PM where it will be part of a youth traditional archery program.

The ‘fire member was clear that if a Michigan local would still like to claim it as a Christmas gift for their son or daughter that he was good with that. So if you’re near Saginaw and looking for a gift for a lefty youngster, it’s still available to you.

Thanks again guys and either way it shakes out now it will definitely be in a kid’s hands next year.

Fear the crabcat.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (222ND, 1badf350, 1OntarioJim, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 2500HD, 56 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,904
Posts18,518,553
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.