-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have an older US-made recurve that I’m hoping to give to a kid related to a ‘fire member that’s getting into archery or is into it and would like to try a recurve but can’t find a lefty bow.

It’s an American Archery ‘Flash’ in LH that is 35#. It came as part of a two-fer with another bow I’m keeping and with neither me or my kids being southpaws, we really can’t use it. But it’s a clean bow in good shape and seems like it’s got plenty of life left in it for a young hunter to discover that the older stuff is still a ton of fun to shoot. Riser appears to be maple perhaps?

Couple of things to be aware of… I’m hoping someone local jumps at it and likely I can get it to you before Christmas but I will ship it if need be though if the person claiming it is willing to pay shipping on it. In the event the person claiming it is out of state, I cannot make a firm commitment to get this to you by Christmas. I have an insane week ahead and don’t know if I could get it out in time. Just want to set expectations appropriately.

Also, the riser could use some TLC. I can’t find a single defect anywhere on the bow except for light scratches, but the varnish on the riser should be lightly sanded and reapplied. You could definitely use as-is but could be made beautiful again with a light application of polishing compound and wax on the limbs and then refinish the riser.

There was no string when I bought it.

If you or someone you know could possibly use this to brighten a kids Christmas, please let me know.

Thanks.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fear the crabcat.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
One of the Best guys on the fire
Happy to call Todd a Friend
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Gypsy_Wind, Nice gesture, good on ya. Love to see the kids here getting some help getting started.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I think my oldest grandson would love this! The LH is the only problem. Great gesture. Hoping someone can use it.

Kind gesture bump.

HS 58

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 12/18/23.

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the bumps and the kind words, guys. 😊

This one has found a potential shipped-to home via PM where it will be part of a youth traditional archery program.

The ‘fire member was clear that if a Michigan local would still like to claim it as a Christmas gift for their son or daughter that he was good with that. So if you’re near Saginaw and looking for a gift for a lefty youngster, it’s still available to you.

Thanks again guys and either way it shakes out now it will definitely be in a kid’s hands next year.

Fear the crabcat.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 14idaho, 16penny, 26 invisible), 1,424 guests, and 1,018 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,650
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.