Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
When I was in town last week I handled the full size and the new compact with the comp version. Fits my hand well and he trigger is pretty nice for a striker fire.

I have both a Glock 20 and a 29. But I like the feel of these.

Online reviews says mags are sh*t and might not handle 200 + grain cast very well. Any campfire reviews or thoughts?

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I bought one for the reasons you mention - grip fits my hand very well. I've just started experiencing the mag issues we've all been hearing about. I need to work more with mine to determine if seating certain bullets a little deeper will resolve the hang-ups. I was pretty jacked up about the pistol when it came out, but that feeling is deteriorating. I hope I can make it work with the ammo I want to use.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I was looking at one too, the magazine issue and the slide locking back when you have a high grip put me off buying a $800 gun with problems. The springfield XD-M elite 3.8 inch barrel comes pretty close but one guy broke a trigger and the magazine release after 1000 or so rounds of full power 10mm. Other than that I would stick with the glock.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've had my P320 X-Ten for almost a year, and I have shot predominately factory loaded 180 and 200 grain jacketed bullets. In these approx. 500 rounds I have had no issues with the gun or magazines.

My last 10mm range trip was with 4 boxes (80 rounds) of Underwood 200 grain Hard Cast FN # 248, 40 rounds went through the P320 X-Ten no issues, 20 rounds went through my S&W M&P 4.6 inch and last 20 went through my Tisas 1911 with no issues. All guns were factory stock with the exception of Tripp 10mm magazines for the Tisas and sights on the M&P were changed and the trigger was swapped out for the Timney Alpha Competition Trigger.

I know that 40 rounds through the SIG P320 X-Ten is not a definitive test, but I will try a few more through it just to make sure.

Again, year to date I have no FTF or FTE, no magazines have fallen out of the gun, the slide hasn't locked to the rear out of the blue.

I do like the Underwood 200 grain HCFN, my first experience with them, they are pretty snappy, and all three of my 10 mm pistols shot them well at 15 and 25 yards and it really made the 50-yard steel plate dance.

StarchedCover

Last edited by StarchedCover; 12/18/23. Reason: Updated add.

Semper Fi
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Had mine over a year now. It's got some pros and cons. Pros are the 5" barrel with an overall gun length almost identical to Glock20's with a 4.6" barrel. The breech is about 0.5" farther to the rear than the Glocks, so the overall length is about the same as a G20. Grip size is very comfortable and does not feel large. Slow fire accuracy is on par with the best 10mm's I've shot. Loaded it weighs 42.25oz. (15 rounds, no optic); a G20 weighs 40.9oz. (15 rounds no optic).

Cons. The slide lock protrudes excessively and is easily inadvertently actuated during firing. Even with conscious placement of my thumbs I still hit it on occasion. Sig does offer a slimmer model that helped solve this problem. The fixed sights do not accommodate red dot optics, Sig does offer after market sights that do, but you have to buy and install them (unlike SW 2.0's). The trigger is good, actually it's great as a hunting, woods pistol, but it's slow. In head to head, timed, six-plate-rack strings, the Sig was always slower than a 10mm 2.0 Smith (both 4 and 4.6" versions) with an Apex trigger. Even the first shot was about .25-0.5 seconds slower. There's just a lot of take up and pull required compared to an Apex or other performance trigger. Again, it's not bad and breaks relatively clean, but it's not a performance trigger.

My mags ran great to start, zero issues. After about a year, they started to have feeding issues. I replaced the mag. springs and good to go again. Biggest issue is getting 15 rounds in the magazine. Simplest comment on that is, good luck. I don't load 15 in mine anymore, one, because it's a bitch, and two, figured there's no reason to push the mag spring (with known issues) that hard. Since new springs and only 14 rounds, mags run fine.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Truth.

I've never been able to get 15 rounds in my X-Ten magazines and it's not from lack of trying.

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I sold my xten because of mag issues. Sent the mags back to Sig, they sent 5 mags back. Same problem with feeding. I shot 200gr, never tried anything smaller.
Sometimes I could get thru a full mag, sometimes not. I tried loading all different OAL, as short as 1.20.
I have 2 other 10mm, FN 510 and a SA XDM elete, both have not missed a beat.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I bought my XTen mainly due to the optics cut and was planning to sell my Delta Elite to offset the purchase. I'm now rethinking things. Maybe sell them both and just keep the EAA 10mm. It's been flawless, but is bigger/heavier than I think I want carry in the field:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGray
I bought my XTen mainly due to the optics cut and was planning to sell my Delta Elite to offset the purchase. I'm now rethinking things. Maybe sell them both and just keep the EAA 10mm. It's been flawless, but is bigger/heavier than I think I want carry in the field:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Which model is your Witness? And how is the trigger? Thanks!

Last edited by AZtwins; 12/18/23.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It's a Stock II. The trigger has about 1/4" travel to take up the slack, then it firms up and has a little more travel before it breaks. Quite a bit of movement, but very smooth and easy to shoot.

I do have an optics plate to replace the rear sight, and may be moving an RMR from my XTen to this one.

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGray
It's a Stock II. The trigger has about 1/4" travel to take up the slack, then it firms up and has a little more travel before it breaks. Quite a bit of movement, but very smooth and easy to shoot.

I do have an optics plate to replace the rear sight, and may be moving an RMR from my XTen to this one.

Thanks for the info. I had about convinced myself that I didn’t need a 10mm (again) but I have so much ammo that it would also make sense to get another 10 to shoot it all. I do like the feel of the Witness guns…

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (35, akrange, 7mm_Loco, 11 invisible), 1,505 guests, and 824 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,935
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.