Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I tore mine about 50%, six months of suck, six months of occasional suck, then after a about year it was fine. No surgery for me, but it took a long time to heal.
50% tear with no surgery? Witch Doctor? Cuff (cartiledge) doesn't grow back its stops at puberty. That's why kids "grow into" their noses and ears.
When they operate, you come out with the same tear you went in with. They "arrest" it with a hole. Similar to what someone would do with a wood crack.
The PRP injection process is an attempt to tricking the body that its not past Puberty, and get new cartilage tissue to grow.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
GB1

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cortisone Shots don't CURE anything. They are masking agents. They shrink stuff to reduce pressure. Temporarily.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TwoTall
I just tore my rotator cuff 2 weeks ago Monday. Can’t get into physical therapy till January. Is it like that everywhere? They ask “who is your regular doctor ? “ Now I say whoever is one duty that day. For the last decade or so anytime I call to see my doctor it is 2 months out to see him. What kind of healthcare is that?shot the crossbow thinking I could go hunting, that was a mistake. I need to look up the exercises you are talking about. I am glad I saw this thread. Thank you Jim 1611.
Tell them your illegal, get to the front of the line!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yeah, Uncle Joey will take care of ya if you illegal. But gotta pay the coyote. So it’s not all free, just after you hit American soil.

Jan for PT. Think I’d shop providers. Surely they not so busy that someone can take care of ya.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I friend of mine tore out his rotator jumping onto a rope in an obstacle course.

He violated my rule, "No obstacle course when you have gray hair."

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I'd talk to a Dr., not us yah-hoos!

Been there, done that, some 15 years ago. P.t did not help, so then surgery and p.t. I agree with gunwizard et al - quit dicking around with it!

6 months after my after-surgery pt was done I figured I was 95% again. Maybe, maybe not. Then, "Retired" at age 61, I got a baggage handling job for an airline handling about 30,000 lbs daily, and worked in mild-moderate pain for the next year. That was great pt for me.

THEN I was about 99% or better. As said, I still have to watch weight and motion a bit to not provoke a mild strain which lasts a day or two. I'm 75 now, and can still lift heavy chit .... to a point, of course. Not as much as 40 years ago.... anything over 90 I get leverage, help, divide and conquer, or just forget it! More and more of the latter. smile

Last edited by las; 11/14/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Its pretty easy to miss those spots until you hit them exactly, but the back side of the blade with the pain running up the neck is one of the spots for sure for what I mentioned.

Do get the MRI done
Thanks. I intend to do just that. It would be nice if this is just a strain and not the rotator cuff.
Doesn't sound like rotator cuff and hopefully just a strain, something a little PT/MT will fix!

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAM
Cortisone Shots don't CURE anything. They are masking agents. They shrink stuff to reduce pressure. Temporarily.

Sure it can. In many cases, including mine, the torn tendon catches on the bone which can be non-stop source of pain and inflammation. The cortisone shot reduces the inflammation and swelling to where the tendon no longer catches and can finally heal.

Was my tear relatively minor? Yes. Will a cortisone shot always work? No.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
Its pretty easy to miss those spots until you hit them exactly, but the back side of the blade with the pain running up the neck is one of the spots for sure for what I mentioned.

Do get the MRI done
Thanks. I intend to do just that. It would be nice if this is just a strain and not the rotator cuff.
Doesn't sound like rotator cuff and hopefully just a strain, something a little PT/MT will fix!

I'm hoping it's a strain. My wife is going to try to get me in to see a general surgeon today. That will get the MRI sooner. Right now most of my pain, really not that bad, is my neck. The shoulder is only mildly sore this morning and the range of movement is improving. I never discount the power of God either. I have had some excellent help by trained physicians but even they are limited. God is not.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Old football injuries and youthful stupidity caused my right shoulder to dislocated several times!
I never went to a doctor, I was able to pop it back in place and continue on.
In 2019, I couldn't get a full night's sleep! Move my arm wrong and excruciating pain would bring me out of the deepest sleep. Wife pointed to a skunk in the yard. I grabbed a shotgun in hot pursuit. When the gun went off, I almost dropped the gun and ended up on my knees due to the pain.
I missed the skunk, but I DID NOT miss the appointment I made with an orthopedic surgeon when I got back in the house!

Your right shoulder is G-O-N-E! It's bone on bone. We can do steroid (cortisone) shots, but it won't last long. Your only other option is replacement surgery!
I opted for the latter!
I still find uncomfortable positions with the shoulder and I've had to revert to only semi auto long guns for the reduced recoil. But the surgery was a blessing!
Full replacement of the right shoulder.
My youngest had orthroscopic surgery on the right shoulder to clean up and repair! STILL having hell!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Do get the MRI done

I'm hoping it's a strain. My wife is going to try to get me in to see a general surgeon today. That will get the MRI sooner. Right now most of my pain, really not that bad, is my neck. The shoulder is only mildly sore this morning and the range of movement is improving. I never discount the power of God either. I have had some excellent help by trained physicians but even they are limited. God is not.

NOTE: I've spent WAY more time with orthopedic surgeons than I care to recall, so I can tell you this with good authority and experience!

Once you damage a joint, ANY joint, it begins to slowly deteriorate.
All those cortisone shots do is cover up the problem as it slowly advances until surgery is the only option....or you die! All I did was chose to die in comfort! 😉

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
picture taken monday. I know about it some. Third repair, second time on this one, surgeon said interesting thing about this time is that bone spurs were causing longititudinal tears in the cuff along with the partial tear across it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Valsdad; 11/15/23.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Do get the MRI done

good luck with it. my first we di PT for close to 6 months, then because i couldn't lift a gallon of milk above shoulder height even with full range of motion and less pain, we got the MRI approved and needed serious surgery.

I wish the insurance companies would just start with imaging, instead of requiring PT, copays, and more Dr visits only to find out it was a waste of time. Been fighting about this shoulder for over 2 years now, and i hope to have full use again by summer

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
picture taken monday. I know about it some. Third repair, second time on this one, surgeon said interesting thing about this time is that bone spurs were causing longititudinal tears in the cuff along with the partial tear across it.

I sure hope your recovery is full and speedy! Yes I would say you know "some" about it. Thanks for the well wishes on mine. Whatever the problem is I am able to see some progress in what I can do. Last week I couldn't get my hand to my face to shave but now it's not a problem. If it is the rotator cuff I want to know so I can avoid making it worse. I also want to know what I need to be doing to help make it better. It's never been an issue for me to do as a doctor suggest as far as recovery. I know that's all on me and I devote myself to getting it done. Again best wishes to you and I hope you're better very soon!

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Thought I'd update my thread a bit. I had a doctor's appointment on December 1st to see what's going on. After examining the shoulder and twisting and turning it every which way he came to the conclusion it's highly unlikely I have a rotator cuff problem or a frozen shoulder. I haven't had an MRI yet. In all he did with the shoulder there was no extra pain or discomfort. He asked if I'd be willing to do therapy and have been going for that. When that started the guy working with me told me most cases he sees like mine take 8 sessions to accomplish what they want but after that first visit he told me mine would likely only take 4. I've been doing all the stuff at home they outlined for me to do and have regained allot of the movement in my left shoulder. I can also sleep all night again too. The pain is almost gone too except for a few times I overdo something. This has turned out to be the longest it has taken for me to get over anything but it is so much better than a month ago I am encouraged. Thanks God for a body that heals!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Once you top 40, any healing or conditioning you do takes longer and as you age more, it takes MUCH longer.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Once you top 40, any healing or conditioning you do takes longer and as you age more, it takes MUCH longer.
Aint that the truth!

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
What do they feel the issue is/was

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Any of you folks dealt with this? I haven't got a doctor to look at mine yet, hope to get that scheduled today. Just wondering what others have went through with it.
Yes. Doing the rehab exercises that they'd prescribe after surgery is actually almost as likely to resolve the issue as surgery itself. Try that before considering the operation.

Be careful about this kind of advice. A torn rotator cuff will not heal on its own. The tendons in the shoulder have tension on them creating a natural pulling away from the connective tissue in the shoulder and will not magically repair itself without surgery…

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I think I know what's wrong with your shoulder.

You are old AF!

I am MAGA.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 38 invisible), 13,826 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,225
Posts18,543,917
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.