Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Any of you folks dealt with this? I haven't got a doctor to look at mine yet, hope to get that scheduled today. Just wondering what others have went through with it.
Yes. Doing the rehab exercises that they'd prescribe after surgery is actually almost as likely to resolve the issue as surgery itself. Try that before considering the operation.

Be careful about this kind of advice. A torn rotator cuff will not heal on its own. The tendons in the shoulder have tension on them creating a natural pulling away from the connective tissue in the shoulder and will not magically repair itself without surgery…

Tears don't heal with therapy.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm two weeks after my surgery. It's tough. The rehab is super important.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Valsdad
picture taken monday. I know about it some. Third repair, second time on this one, surgeon said interesting thing about this time is that bone spurs were causing longititudinal tears in the cuff along with the partial tear across it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I think I know what's wrong with your shoulder.

You are old AF!
Damn dude,

have you not seen pics of me previously? You're just now figuring it out? wink

5 weeks today, Dr appt last week. I can't start on PT until after the first but I'm allowed to take sling off & slide my arm on the table to stretch it. Yippee.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Was it a specific injury from when you were a roadie for Frank Zappa or was it more cumulative?

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Was it a specific injury from when you were a roadie for Frank Zappa or was it more cumulative?
I think mostly the latter.

Started when I was overworked by the nuns. Having to reach as high as I could on the blackboard while writing I will not terrorize the teacher 500 times was a bit taxing.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
What do they feel the issue is/was

The doc didn't have an answer as to what it was. His best guess is a strain. According to him I should have had some pain when he moved it around and twisted it but there was none at any time. Most of the pain is gone now and I'm regaining the movement in it. The past 5 days that part has really improved. If it keeps getting better I'll likely not have the MRI.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My girlfriend had a complete tear of the rotator cuff. A complete tear will not heal. She had surgery 2 weeks ago, and it is going well.
Very painful.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thanks for the replies. I don't mind some pain and usually deal with it okay but most things have always gotten better for me. This gets pretty intense by bedtime. It moves up my shoulder and my neck muscles really hurt, as bad as the shoulder.
it goes up my neck so far as to drive really bad headaches.
limits the weight and muscle I used to have. kind of a pita but middle of the night I was up a bit, and was thinking of every area that is almost constantly in a day hurting and realized I'm getting old.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Rotator cuff is nothing to mess with, ive had 3 tears on my left shoulder surgery 3 times twice to repair the rotator cuff. Bicep tendon, arthritis and bone spurs.
I tore mine 3rd time in June just getting in my truck they won't do surgery again said its not worth it untill I replace it and thats close im living on cortisone shots now but they only last for couple months.
In 30 minutes im having a Dr. Consultation to do stem cell therapy in both my shoulders and back, the way I see it ive got nothing to loose.
According to some Ortho Docs I've seen im a prime candidate for a reverse shoulder replacement because of the condition of my rotator cuff and bicep tendon so they can have a place to reattach the cuff and tendon

Last edited by sherm_61; 12/19/23.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Any of you folks dealt with this? I haven't got a doctor to look at mine yet, hope to get that scheduled today. Just wondering what others have went through with it.
Yes. Doing the rehab exercises that they'd prescribe after surgery is actually almost as likely to resolve the issue as surgery itself. Try that before considering the operation.

Be careful about this kind of advice. A torn rotator cuff will not heal on its own. The tendons in the shoulder have tension on them creating a natural pulling away from the connective tissue in the shoulder and will not magically repair itself without surgery…

Tears don't heal with therapy.

They may however scar tissue over.

IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
What do they feel the issue is/was

The doc didn't have an answer as to what it was. His best guess is a strain. According to him I should have had some pain when he moved it around and twisted it but there was none at any time. Most of the pain is gone now and I'm regaining the movement in it. The past 5 days that part has really improved. If it keeps getting better I'll likely not have the MRI.
! Obviously not a tear of any kind! Glad to hear you're getting better👍🏻

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I've had partial tears on both, both required surgery. My left (I'm left hand dominant) I put off until I nearly couldn't lift it at all. Rehab after surgery sucked, my therapist told me day 1 "you'll want to punch me in the face long before you can lift your arm well enough to do it". Took me nearly a year to be back to baseline on the left. My right I was a little smarter and as soon as I suspected what I did, I got to Ol' Sawbones and had it repaired. That rehab still sucked, but was back to good in about 4 months.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 16,271 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,202
Posts18,543,596
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.